Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockworkapples)

This one definitely is less self-contained. Thats annoying because we'll probably have to wait ages for the next book. Grr! I hate that because I was much less excited about this one coming out than previous ones. The gap has just been too long. I've gone out and got myself a life since Phoenix. She shouldnt have left me time to do that!
    Totally agree with that. Speaking of getting a life since OOTP, who is Regulus Black again?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I felt a bit iffy I guess, more later on than at the actual death bit. JKR handles the deaths in her books far too quickly and lightly imo. Especially in OOTP, I didn't quite believe it had happened because it was handled so lightly, and I felt that again in this one.
    You have to remember that i's a children's book though, so you can't make a big fuss or you'll have lots of upset children having nightmares.

ReputationRep:
    SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

(Just covering myself here!)

That is true....the scan may be not but Snape really has murdered Dumbledore, I just finished the book!

*cries*

ReputationRep:
    Sirius's brother. Interestingly, why was there no body to be buried when Sirius died? Bit confused there.

ReputationRep:
    Noooooooooo... Why oh why did I click on this thread?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, *his* death isn't much of a revelation. It wasn't exactly obvious it was going to happen, but it was to be expected, I suppose.

I was more surprised about who the Half Blood Prince is though. I mean, who'da thought that *he* was it? I was really surprised (should I have been?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clodagh)
    Sirius's brother. Interestingly, why was there no body to be buried when Sirius died? Bit confused there.
    When he goes through the veil... doesn't he sort of fall directly into death (or something)??

ReputationRep:
    His body must have just disappeared then! Awww, Dumbledore's funeral was heartbreaking!!!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Sirius is actually dead though... he will, I think, have something *important* to do in Book 7.

And Snape - I still don't know whether or not to trust him. The prophesy referred to the "two" as "one will have to die and the other live"; I reckon it actually refers to Snape and Dumbledore. Snape would have died if he hadn't have killed Dumbledore (due to the Unbreakable Vow) or, Dumbledore would have killed Snape. There's loopholes in that, granted, but I reckon the prophesy doesn't refer to Harry/Voldemort/Neville... Just a thought though.

ReputationRep:
    worst one in the series as far as i'm concerned pretty crap twist at the end the funeral was rubbish what the hell was all that flame/table coffin **** about. The whole harry/ginny thing was rubbish. The attraction of the harry potter books was the stories because she's a pretty crappy writer.
    Still i'll probably buy the 7th one and my bookshop gave me bertie's all flavour beans which i thought was pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    is anyone else really disappointed???
    I wouldn't say disappointed... but I definitely felt there was something lacking in HBP, haven't worked out exactly what yet . Perhaps its because it feels as if its main purpose isn't to have a storyline of its own but to set everything up for the final book.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: OMG just finished the book- amazing twist at the end (didn't look at internet spoilers). After all DD's convictions that Snape could be trusted... :mad:
    tell you something, the next book is gonna be heavily hyped with horcruxes, etc. Also, agreed on Regulas Black, while hoping Sirius making an appearence in the final book...

EDIT: Yeh, maybe the whole point of the Half Blood Prince wasn't revealed until late in the book, but that shouldn't detract from the way Rowling has set up her final book (which is extremely well).

ReputationRep:
    Not enough Luna. Other than that it was ok, I guess. I found the Tom Riddle stuff interesting but the Malfoy obsession annoyed me. Although I've been disliking Harry since OOTP. I was half-hoping he was the one who died just to teach him a lesson for being so whiny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You have to remember that i's a children's book though, so you can't make a big fuss or you'll have lots of upset children having nightmares.
    There are much worse than that in kids books, and other things directed at kids. Can you say Bambi anyone?

I guessed who the half blood prince was. It seemed to fit together quite easily.

I was expecting to be wrong though...Just expected a twist I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on - Harry dies... then what? The next book will be called "Hermione Granger and the Grail of Voldemort" or something? Doesn't sound right without "Harry Potter and ... "

ReputationRep:
    I cried for *him* :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I've got mixed feelings. At first didn't like it much but think that was the shock about DD. I hope Harry goes back next year or it will be weird.

But, on plus side i loved the Harry and Ginny and Lupin and Tonks story line. Saw Harry and Ginny coming but not the latter!

ReputationRep:
    What are people's feelings about Snape? Do you think Dumbledore was just wrong about him the whole time? Or is there more to it?

ReputationRep:
    I think there could be a twist, but she could be doublebluffing. And I don't like having to wait another two years to find out :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon a Horcrux is Harry's scar! and that he'd have to kill himself to do off Voldemort. Harry's got a bit of V in him - maybe this is why?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.