The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
loftx
They probably would have talked about it though - Lots of the boys Harrys dorm are interested in quidditch, so you would think he would still hear about it.
Indeed...if there'd just been one you'd think they'd have been discussing it a little...

When Umbridge bans Harry she says it's a lifetime ban or something- which is just stupid considering she has no powers over him once he leaves school (though now she's gone I suspect he'll be back on the pitch!)

Hmmm...I keep picking up on things when reading the book and then forgetting what it was I wanted to point out...how annoying!
Egan1
Hmmm...I keep picking up on things when reading the book and then forgetting what it was I wanted to point out...how annoying!

Myabe you should keep a pen and paper beside you when you read? That way you can tell us and we can tear every bit imformation apart and spend hours and pages analysing it...

lou xxx
Reply 1182
loftx
They probably would have talked about it though - Lots of the boys Harrys dorm are interested in quidditch, so you would think he would still hear about it.

I don't know, it was just something that stuck in the back of my mind, I could've quite easily imagined it though.
Reply 1183
ditzy blonde
But wouldn't it have happened at the very start of book 1, before Harry knew anything about quidditch, and it wasn't in England coz England hadn't hosted it for 30 years, so the hogwarts students probably wouldn't have had tickets.

Excellent point :wink:
Reply 1184
for some reason i was thinking the world cup was every 4 years. i hope it is every 3 years because i really want Harry to play in it!!
Reply 1185
Egan1
Indeed...if there'd just been one you'd think they'd have been discussing it a little...

When Umbridge bans Harry she says it's a lifetime ban or something- which is just stupid considering she has no powers over him once he leaves school (though now she's gone I suspect he'll be back on the pitch!)

yes ..i just forget about umbridge now..she confused me while reading book 5 with some of the things she said...i would think harry will be playing quiditch(however u spell it) was anyone else sad about fred and george being done with school..i loved their character and i keep feeling like we won't see AS MUCH(note: i didn't see much) of them..

CR
Reply 1186
Magic101
for some reason i was thinking the world cup was every 4 years. i hope it is every 3 years because i really want Harry to play in it!!

I don't think it could be 4 years coz it says that England hasn't hosted the world cup in 30 years, and 4 doesn't divide equally into 30, I originally just assumed it would be, maybe coz I was associating quiddtich with football!
Reply 1187
Egan1

Back to the actual books...

In book five Moody shows Harry a picture of the previous Order of the pheonix- lots of them had died- and he says one of them was never found- might be worth noting the name -could be nothing but also could be a future character...?

"...Caradoc Dearborn, vanished six months after this, we never found his body..."

Just a thought, but maybe hewent 'through the veil' as well, only thing I can think of that we've met so far when someones died without leaving a body.
Reply 1188
ditzy blonde
"...Caradoc Dearborn, vanished six months after this, we never found his body..."

Just a thought, but maybe hewent 'through the veil' as well, only thing I can think of that we've met so far when someones died without leaving a body.

thats a great idea..this thread is very good at finding important parts of a story..the majority of people probably just pass over it

CR
ditzy blonde

do they have funerals in the wizard world- you'd think they would, but they didn't appear to after Cedric's and even a memorial service would have been good for Sirius. i think it would help Harry come to terms with things better.

lou xxx
Sure, it could be Harry - but only for one reason - Vold. caused Harry to be an orphan. Neville, through the actions of death-eaters led by Vold. - was caused to be an orphan as well. (More or less). Also, and this is KEY!! It doesn't say WHEN Vold. will mark "him" as an equal!!!!

I think it is harry, 4 a couple of reasons. first of all, he DID recieve some of voldemorts powers. second he feels his emotions, and third, voldemort, in the fourth book, wanted harrys blood NOT nevilles.

and even tho, harrys being a half blood had NOTHING 2 do with the fact that voldemort (marked?) him, it is still interesting that he felt (if he did mark harry) that harry was more threatening. especially when we kno that nevilles parents were highly respected aurors and he was a pure blood, there4 "better" than a mudblood (like harry)
hey will all the texans plz stand up plz stand up
i think we have an imposter here
Reply 1192
curryADD
hey will all the texans plz stand up plz stand up
i think we have an imposter here

well at least i have another poster from the states....i'm from new york..about your ideas..good thinking..i also think harry is "the one"

CR
CR3
well at least i have another poster from the states....i'm from new york..about your ideas..good thinking..i also think harry is "the one"

CR

yea im really frm california tho, houston,is a temporary home- hopefully
curryADD
yea im really frm california tho, houston,is a temporary home- hopefully

i totally agree with ur profile- all sports, and no study, xcept 4 that of harry potter, wut yr r u n high school, or r u n high school.
Reply 1195
curryADD
i totally agree with ur profile- all sports, and no study, xcept 4 that of harry potter, wut yr r u n high school, or r u n high school.

senior year..anyway..we must no take this chat off topic because it is currently the longest thread ever!!..if u wanna chat more..pm me

CR
hey am i dumb bcuz i think harry is gryffindors desendant. i mean he was born n grodics hollow, his wand shoots red and gold sparks, he was born n july,(so he's a leo),and lets c he pulled a particular sword out of a hat......
how did harrys dad bcome a head boy? remember n the first book when hagrid says they were head boy and girl in thier day? so how did he become head boy when n the fifth sirius saze lupin was the prefect? and remember in the never mind.... i thought ms weasley ha said 2 fred and george they havent made u prefects yet or something. can u become head boy with out being a prefect? can u get demoted frm ur prefect rank and a sixth or seventh (or fifth) year replace u......?
Reply 1198
curryADD
how did harrys dad bcome a head boy? remember n the first book when hagrid says they were head boy and girl in thier day? so how did he become head boy when n the fifth sirius saze lupin was the prefect? and remember in the never mind.... i thought ms weasley ha said 2 fred and george they havent made u prefects yet or something. can u become head boy with out being a prefect? can u get demoted frm ur prefect rank and a sixth or seventh (or fifth) year replace u......?

well that is a very popular question..most people think that u can become head boy and not be a prefect..but we're still not sure

CR
Hey back to the Snapbe being a vampire thing, I was just wondering could this be the reason dumbledore doesen't let him accept the defence against the dark arts position?

Latest

Trending

Trending