The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 12120
My 1st view for R.A.B was remus and black but meh i have no idea
something to do with Sirius' brother Regulas Black perhaps?
Reply 12122
ruthiepooos
jk was creating more loose ends.
i think dumbledore knew snape had to kill him or knew that either him or snape had to die and when he pleaded with snape at the end it was more for snape's sake for what he was about to do. snape is still gd and is not a death eater at all and in the next book we'll find out why.
i think this because of the barrier put on the astromony tower that only let certain people through-this was placed there by dumbledore-then lupin said later how they were suddenly able to get through-well that was because its caster had died.
harry seems to be turning out more and more like voldermort-wanting to do things on his own, collecting ornaments-there is a very thin line between them both being as dumbledore mentioned the purity of his heart and whole soul and what i believe to be good friends who are going to stop him having to do this on his own.

I agree that we will find out in the next book that Snapes actually on the good side and this was all Dumbledore's plan. I still can't believe that Jk killed him off though. Book 7 is going to be great because he plans not to go back to school and will be out in the big world.
Reply 12123
Clodagh
Sirius's brother. Interestingly, why was there no body to be buried when Sirius died? Bit confused there.

there was no body because he fell through a veil, in the ministry, I think death was on the other side or soemthing.
Reply 12124
~Jen~
What are people's feelings about Snape? Do you think Dumbledore was just wrong about him the whole time? Or is there more to it?

I've always wanted more of Snape to be in the book, because before she hasn't really given a reason to why Dumbledore trusted him. I think that she still hasn't given that reason and I believe that Snape is still on the good side, it's all part of dumbledore's big plan.
Has anyone else noticed that with dumbledore dead that the protection of privet drive is no longer there for Harry this summer?
Just before DD is killed Draco tells DD that he is at his mercy, being wandless and apparently alone. However, DD replies saying that it is Draco in fact who is at his mercy. (This is a few pages before SS's Avada Kedavra). I distinctly get the feeling that perhaps DD sacrificed himself for Draco. He knew that after drinking the potion in the cave that he was not going to survive long - "Lord Voldemort would not want to immediately kill the person who got this far..." But he also knew that as bad as Draco was, that he was not a killer, hence his willingness to protect Malfoy and his family if they were willing to turn to "the right side." Yet if the murder was not cmmitted Draco would surely be killed by LV. Since he knew he was going to die anyway as a result of the potion, perhaps he felt that he should make the sacrifice and save an 'innocent' life - hence he states that Draco is at his mercy. Furthermore if Draco was to be killed then Snape would break his Unbreakable Vow and consqequently die - another life lost. And why do we openly assume that Snape wished to kill DD? I know it seems absurd but perhaps the reason why DD is pleading with him is not because he wants his life saved - he knows that he will die after the potion, its only a matter of time - but because he doesn't want Snape to kill DRACO, who is standing next to him? I just can't understand that Snape has been faking for so long...if he is LV's right hand man, then doesn't that throw into diarray our understanding of the graveyard scene in GoF?
LV talks particularly about three Death Eaters
--one who I fear has left my service forever... (we previously assumed Snape)
--one who has betrayed too many of his fellows (Karkaroff)
--my most faithul DE in Hogwarts (we assumed Crouch Jr. but now it looks liek Snape...)
So who then is Number 1?
I can't help feel that there is more than what meets the eye about DD's death...personally I don't think that he is gone forever, his patronus is a phoenix, important symbolism there. i also think that Harry will learn the true reasons behind al of SS's actions after he has vanquished Voldemort, so that he can do so without fearing who SS is actually working for.
maybe privet drive doesnt need dumbledore doesnt need to be alive for it still to exsits ._.
MAYBE :O just maybe, he knew he was going to die? and so harry needed to go back so that dumbledore's new protection *waffle waffle*
im confused ;(
Reply 12128
So what do we think the bit that was taken out of Chamber was then? I reckon it might have been then fact that the diary was a horcrux.

Interview on ITV at half 5 btw, answering questions about book 6, should be interesting (provided the bloody children ask the right questions!! :rolleyes: )
I'm glad dumbledore is dead! don't get me wrong, I liked the guy and I cried my eyes out when he died (sad I know), but it should make the next book more interesting now that Harry is out there on his own.
Reply 12130
*steph 247*
I'm glad dumbledore is dead! don't get me wrong, I liked the guy and I cried my eyes out when he died (sad I know), but it should make the next book more interesting now that Harry is out there on his own.

I agree completely, it was pretty much the only option. Harry needs to finish his journey on his own. Dumbledore's given him all the knowledge to destroy Voldemort, now he just needs to get out there and do it!!
Reply 12131
Was a pretty lame death though... could at least have taken a couple of Death Eaters with him.
Reply 12132
Raindance
Was a pretty lame death though... could at least have taken a couple of Death Eaters with him.

Nah, Dumbledore wouldn't have done that, he was far too noble
I'm wondereing whether snape really is with voldemort though, dumbledore knew he would proberly die and as minimo said, in his death, dumbledore is protecting malfoy nad also setting off harry to go and find voldemort. Also maybe dumbledore feels his role has been played out by telling harry everything he knew and showing him how to go about finding the horluxs.

just a thought.
Ditzy

yeah, I agree. I think it was quite a dignified death.
i think it's Regulus Black
Reply 12136
Ditzy

Fine then, at least be taking some of them on. Then talking to Snape once he burst in, realised what had happened, and dying an honourable death at the hands of Snape. Was hardly a fitting end to "the one person Voldemort's afraid of".
jiggaman7
well its RAB so cnt be Dumbledore at end anyway?
i was disappointed with this book wasnt any real storyline dunno how she managed to fill 600 pages up.
however i still loved it and hope tht harry eventually kills snape.

I completely agree - the book was almost boring in some places, but then things started speeding up towards the end, and I enjoyed it more...

I was also thinking Regulas Black, but i'm not sure, I mean, he died years before didn't he.....way before Sirius, and we would have heard about it in the other books if he had died before third year...

Dumbledore dying reeally got me, I was in such shock! But the book generally wasn't that good, well - actually it probably was, but there was so much expectation riding on it that it would have been hard for her to please everyone...

liz x
I did think it took a long time for anything to happen, I also thought Regulus Black- it doesnt mention his middle name anywhere though does it?
maybe, but I think that's one of the good things about HP, not everything is dramatized too much

Latest

Trending

Trending