Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    12 hours. finished that cursed book. I have a headache. no more potter
    I was like that with the last book. Took me 12 hours.
    This book, I took it more leisurely and I ate this time!!
    I finished it this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingbuzz)
    Tonks and Lupin thing was VERY random, I thought.......
    Was it even neccessary?
    I mean, yeah Lupin needs to be happy cuz it shows that being a werewolf isn't all bad and you can be loved..
    but it was really really random.
    its probably been set up so that something happens in the next one eg. Tonks gets captured and Lupin 'wolfs' out and eats someone .-.
    umm yea :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    its probably been set up so that something happens in the next one eg. Tonks gets captured and Lupin 'wolfs' out and eats someone .-.
    umm yea :rolleyes:
    that's good. lupin should eat umbridge.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    that's good. lupin should eat umbridge.
    :p:
    :puke:i just threw up in my mouth there.

i have a dirty mind...:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    :puke:i just threw up in my mouth there.

i have a dirty mind...:/
    :eek: LMAO!!

Now that you mention it......
    Sorry!!!

ReputationRep:
    did anyone feel there were too many dead ends in the book, in all the other books, all the clues and insignificant or random events always built up to a really good twist or interesting revelation, in this one, like all the Horcrux and Half blood prince build up was a real anticlimax. Snape being the Half blood prince and the old textbook stuff was totally boring and poinltess, as was DD's mysterious disappearances which just lead to finding a false Horcrux.
    i cant believe it was 600pages , i can hardly rememeber anythng apart from dd dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perkyDani)
    did anyone feel there were too many dead ends in the book, in all the other books, all the clues and insignificant or random events always built up to a really good twist or interesting revelation, in this one, like all the Horcrux and Half blood prince build up was a real anticlimax. Snape being the Half blood prince and the old textbook stuff was totally boring and poinltess, as was DD's mysterious disappearances which just lead to finding a false Horcrux.
    i cant believe it was 600pages , i can hardly rememeber anythng apart from dd dying
    mmm I think the book would have been even longer but the author got bored writing and slashed some of the stories short.

ReputationRep:
    its almost certain dumbledore will guide harry further in the last book...also, how the hell is harry gonna get to dumbledore's level in terms of wizarding skill and work out how to break the remaining horcruxes? i feel this book is a bit of let down, but if the last book is really good then this will have done a really good job in tying the whole story together

ReputationRep:
    I agree. DD's death was the only thing that was really really significant. I really enjoyed the book but I was always waiting for something more to happen and it never did.

ReputationRep:
    I think that Snape being the HBP is significant for something in the next book...

JK has said that the last two books should be treated as two halves of a story, and I think that's pretty likely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    I think that Snape being the HBP is significant for something in the next book...

JK has said that the last two books should be treated as two halves of a story, and I think that's pretty likely
    I could be that Snape has gained the place of Voldemort's luetenant, which was the goal of Dumbledore all along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feeling good)
    something to do with Sirius' brother Regulas Black perhaps?
    I know I am dragging up a discussion that happened hours ago but I've just finished the book and wanted to discuss it. I jumped to the conclusion that it was Sirius' brother straight away. He was killed for deserting so i guess it kind of fits. Also i always thought that when Sirius' brother was mentioned he would have to play some role in the future.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think it was that disappointing, the story in itself..
    Harry seemed not so angry anymore but he turned into a
    arthurian knight, which was annoying.
    I also think J.K.R put too much luuuuurrrrrve in the plot, some which were a bit unneccessary..it wasn't realistic even though she probably wanted the readers to feel that HP & Co. were growing up.
    The half blood prince thing was annoying. If Snape was so clever at potions, why didn't he just go into potions, if he was looking for "comfortable job"?
    JKR should have called the book: HP and Snape
    That should have done it, I mean, it's a giveaway but I don't somehow see Snape as a prince..it's just too cheesy and childish.
    One more thing..there are a lot of people like Voldie, no matter how "special" he think he is.. he is half-blood, so is rest of the world, his mother was the witch, his dad muggle, that's half the rest of the world.. he was an orphan..there are a LOT of orphans. Heir of slytherin, well there has to an heir to everyone, right?
    Voldie is really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owen_cov)
    I know I am dragging up a discussion that happened hours ago but I've just finished the book and wanted to discuss it. I jumped to the conclusion that it was Sirius' brother straight away. He was killed for deserting so i guess it kind of fits. Also i always thought that when Sirius' brother was mentioned he would have to play some role in the future.
    i don't think he is.. apparantly he was killed quite shortly after his desertation (or I could be imagining) and his name is REGULUS..
    you wouldn't expect much from a regulus.. he doesn't sound clever enough.
    And besides, aren't most slytherins (being prejudiced here but hey..) in love with voldemort, and too afraid of him? I think regulus was a coward..

ReputationRep:
    lovingbuzz, snape as a prince isnt the point...from what i gathered the book was his mother's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomoo2k)
    lovingbuzz, snape as a prince isnt the point...from what i gathered the book was his mother's
    no the book is definately snape's.
    so it is the point.

ReputationRep:
    i think the RAB is gonna be a really big twist, like Tom Riddle's name, but I cant think what.
    also, i hope book 7 doesnt focus too much on the horcrux, i keep imagining the book with 6 sections , with harry travelling around alone and destroying them one by one, that would be pretty dull

ReputationRep:
    i don't think he is.. apparantly he was killed quite shortly after his desertation (or I could be imagining) and his name is REGULUS..
    you wouldn't expect much from a regulus.. he doesn't sound clever enough.
    And besides, aren't most slytherins (being prejudiced here but hey..) in love with voldemort, and too afraid of him? I think regulus was a coward..
    I just dont see who else it could be though. I wouldnt like a completely new character to be introduced and I cant think of anyone else who fits the initials.
    I think you are right that he was killed shortly after his desertion but maybe it was as soon as Voldemort found out what he was doing. RAB did say that he would be dead soon (or something along those lines).

ReputationRep:
    i think the RAB is gonna be a really big twist, like Tom Riddle's name, but I cant think what.
    also, i hope book 7 doesnt focus too much on the horcrux, i keep imagining the book with 6 sections , with harry travelling around alone and destroying them one by one, that would be pretty dull
    Really random thing...
    but could RAB be Real Albus Bumblebee??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Sorry. Just lightening up the world around me

ReputationRep:
    hmmm ok...but still, the prince bit was from his mum primarily, because snape, like voldemort, loathed his muggle father

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.