Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    and will people PLEASE spell definitely correctly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingbuzz)
    i don't think it was that disappointing, the story in itself..
    Harry seemed not so angry anymore but he turned into a
    arthurian knight, which was annoying.
    I also think J.K.R put too much luuuuurrrrrve in the plot, some which were a bit unneccessary..it wasn't realistic even though she probably wanted the readers to feel that HP & Co. were growing up.
    The half blood prince thing was annoying. If Snape was so clever at potions, why didn't he just go into potions, if he was looking for "comfortable job"?
    JKR should have called the book: HP and Snape
    That should have done it, I mean, it's a giveaway but I don't somehow see Snape as a prince..it's just too cheesy and childish.
    One more thing..there are a lot of people like Voldie, no matter how "special" he think he is.. he is half-blood, so is rest of the world, his mother was the witch, his dad muggle, that's half the rest of the world.. he was an orphan..there are a LOT of orphans. Heir of slytherin, well there has to an heir to everyone, right?
    Voldie is really annoying.
    I dunno about the love thing being unrealistic. Try a Friday night out with my friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomoo2k)
    and will people PLEASE spell definitely correctly!
    hehe..sorry I keep on spelling it wrong.. i can't help it!! accent in my area:
    "Oh yeah, defi-NAT-LY"
    So i get really confused..
    definitely..definitely..
    There you go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingbuzz)
    Really random thing...
    but could RAB be Real Albus Bumblebee??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Sorry. Just lightening up the world around me
    Who's the fake Albus Bumblebee?

ReputationRep:
    hmm what if RAB was Rudolphus And Bellatrix?? Long shot but the best i got :/

ReputationRep:
    I just finished reading it, it's shocking that Dumbledore died

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, iv just thought of somthng. didnt it say the book was like 50 years old and some1 asked harry to check who was going to hogs at that time. that would make Snape about 60 yrs old. or does it just mean the book actually belongs to snapes mum?

ReputationRep:
    hmm what if RAB was Rudolphus And Bellatrix?? Long shot but the best i got :/ ooh and the bit about leaving soon was bcos theyr going 2 azkaban perhaps that was the place or time they tortured the Longbottoms therefore knew they were off soon however if it was bella would hv given it 2 voldie ages ago or let him no but she mite have done that we dont no hm but then y leave the note 4 voldie, u can c how clearly thought out my theories are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *tasha*)
    hmm what if RAB was Rudolphus And Bellatrix?? Long shot but the best i got :/
    The message spoke as though it was one person writing so I dont think it is those two. You never know though

ReputationRep:
    The book was Snapes mum's (who's surname was Prince), probably got handed down to Snape who then wrote all over it with his potion making miracles, and his invented spells...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owen_cov)
    The message spoke as though it was one person writing so I dont think it is those two. You never know though
    If it was one person, how could they have drank the potion AND managed to write that note?

In fact, if someone took the REAL horcrux, then they must have put that potion in there themselves. Unless it refills or something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    if they knew that the potion was there they wouldn't have had to drink it they could have brought something to put it in couldn't they

ReputationRep:
    something that i realised earlier today that really frustrated me was that if the potion that dumbledore had to drink couldnt be touched directly, hence it could only be removed with the goblet, then why did they have to drink it? couldnt they have just got one big bucket/ another ocntainer and poured it into that? Or would it refil itself if someone didnt drink it?

on the point of regulus black being R.A.B. - i really dont know if its him, but i dont think that the fact his name, REGULUS, sounding too regular is necessarily a reason to disregard him... after all, you wouldnt exactly say that the name Harry Potter is an unusual and magical sounding name, Harry Potter is such a normal name, considering he is only one who could defeat Voldemort, the most evil wizard who ever lived!

ReputationRep:
    oh for god's sake, that interview on channel 3 was worthless

ReputationRep:
    I think it was regulus or a black. p. 108 on ootp mentions a heavy locket that none of them could open. I think thats it.

ReputationRep:
    i just read the whole thing and i wasn't surprised by:
    a) the person who died (i hadn't thought it would be who it was, but i bought the book and read a bit in my lunch-hour yesterday, at the end of which [i.e chapter 2] i had a shortlist of 3 possible people to die, which included him).
    or b) the identity of the half-blood prince. there were too many hints throughout the book on that front.

the book wasn't as bad as i thought it might be, because stuff actually happened in it, but there were some bits in the beginning and the middle where i thought it was completely crap.

one thing that's really bothering me though. how come house elves can apparate and no-one else can? surely if you make such a big fuss about it being impossible in hogwarts it's a little unwise to allow little wrinkly grey creatures to pop up out of nowhere?

anyway, now that's out of the way, i've got me a reading list to attempt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    something that i realised earlier today that really frustrated me was that if the potion that dumbledore had to drink couldnt be touched directly, hence it could only be removed with the goblet, then why did they have to drink it? couldnt they have just got one big bucket/ another ocntainer and poured it into that? Or would it refil itself if someone didnt drink it?

on the point of regulus black being R.A.B. - i really dont know if its him, but i dont think that the fact his name, REGULUS, sounding too regular is necessarily a reason to disregard him... after all, you wouldnt exactly say that the name Harry Potter is an unusual and magical sounding name, Harry Potter is such a normal name, considering he is only one who could defeat Voldemort, the most evil wizard who ever lived!
    yep, so much on that book didnt make sense, like with malfoy as well, if harry suspected that malfoy was with LV and had the dark mark but he could prove it, why didnt he just sneak up to malfoy and pull his left sleeve up, that would have saved him from sneaking around so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I think it was regulus or a black. p. 108 on ootp mentions a heavy locket that none of them could open. I think thats it.
    could that be another reason why kreacher kept trying to nick stuff?:confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by viviki)
    yep - the locket in the cave might have been swopped for the one in 12 Grimmauld place, leaving the harmless one in the cave and the real horcrux in the cabinet!

(Original post by Geogger)
    yep - the locket in the cave might have been swopped for the one in 12 Grimmauld place, leaving the harmless one in the cave and the real horcrux in the cabinet!
    Could someone explain to me how RAB (assumedly Regulus) got back into Grimmauld Place to steal this locket, in spite of the protection that The Order would have placed upon the HQ, as well as him supposedly being dead?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.