Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Maybe like Tom Riddle, Snape came from a poorish family and had funding to buy second hand books
    Snape cleary says
    "I, the half blood prince,....."
    Yeah, he had written all over it, but who's to say it wasn't his mum's first? Meh, maybe I was just assuming she'd have given it him, but like you say, it could have been anyones book... It just definately wasn't his FIRST because it was too old...

Oh, and off that site someone gave a link to earlier:

"Allegiances: Professor Snape was once a Death Eater and has the Dark Mark on his arm. Sometime before Voldemort killed the Potters, he became a "secret agent" for the Order of the Phoenix"

I thought he gave the prophecy to Voldy first, then the Potters got killed, then he swapped sides 'because he was sorry'? Grrr, someone explain it to me

The site I'm talking about: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/snape.html

ReputationRep:
    What do we actually know about Snape?

And Will someone say something about the whole dumb Neville passing his O.W.Ls with good grades not just by a few marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    What do we actually know about Snape?

And Will someone say something about the whole dumb Neville passing his O.W.Ls with good grades not just by a few marks?
    Who says hes dumb? Him being a bit of a nervous fumbling fool does not immediately lead me to the conclusion that hes an idiot. He just lacks self confidence (which ha obviously increased over the course of the books).

ReputationRep:
    Something which i do not believe anyone has mentioned so far...what does everything think will happen with the Percy storyline in book 7?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Something which i do not believe anyone has mentioned so far...what does everything think will happen with the Percy storyline in book 7?
    he as good as dead already...git

(not you - percy is a gir)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    There are 3 choices. He will either die, make up with his family, or be pushed to the side (like HBP).

I personally think that he will be killed during a death eater raid on the Ministry of Magic.

ReputationRep:
    "Allegiances: Professor Snape was once a Death Eater and has the Dark Mark on his arm. Sometime before Voldemort killed the Potters, he became a "secret agent" for the Order of the Phoenix"

I thought he gave the prophecy to Voldy first, then the Potters got killed, then he swapped sides 'because he was sorry'? Grrr, someone explain it to me
    Up until HBP the inference had always been that he did come over right before their murder. But HBP seemed to indicate that he was intended to before Voldie died, but did it of his own accord once Voldie was dead.

PS. Did anyone catch that the DADA position really is cursed? Also note that snape only made it one year as well.

ReputationRep:
    RE: RAB

I don't see how R.A.B could be Regulus. First of all he wasn't a death eater long enough, wasn't talented enough, and died as soon as he realized what he was getting into.

ReputationRep:
    I can easily see how it could be regulus, but i'm not convinced really. Sirius's mother favorite cousin was named Andromeda would could accont for the A...

ReputationRep:
    So do you guys think Trelawny is for real after her mention of "the lightning struck tower"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I can easily see how it could be regulus, but i'm not convinced really. Sirius's mother favorite cousin was named Andromeda would could accont for the A...
    A bloke with the middle name Andromeda?

ReputationRep:
    Well that family wasn't exactly right in the head :p:

ReputationRep:
    So do you guys think Trelawny is for real after her mention of "the lightning struck tower"?
    Well if you count that as a prophesy then that gives her 3 real predictions. And technically lightning didn't strike the tower...

ReputationRep:
    Well that family wasn't exactly right in the head :p:
    They were still capable of naming properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Well if you count that as a prophesy then that gives her 3 real predictions. And technically lightning didn't strike the tower...
    No, but she mentioned it when harry was talking to her after she got thrown out of the room of requirment.

ReputationRep:
    I am very shocked that Dumbledore was getting dead by snape's hand..But I try to invent the theory that it might be that Dumbledore sacrifice himself because he may have some serious injuries.So he needed to be killed by Snape so as to make the dark lord trust on Snape. But if it turn out that Snape is a very horrid person,oh I can't believe .I think JK 'd better let Dumbledore die on his honour rather than getting murdered by Snape,his student and the one he really trust.

ReputationRep:
    More evidence to support RAB being being Regulus/Death Eater...don't foeget that only Death Eaters (according to Harry when he is taling Occulmency lessons with SS) that only Death Eaters call LV, the Dark Lord which is the name that the bit of parchment is addressed to.

Also to add to the possibility of an Unbreakable Vow between Dumbledore and Snape, maybe the existence of one is the reaon why DD trusts SS so much even till the very end...obviously DD wouldn't tell everyone that this was the reason why he trusts SS...

ReputationRep:
    Grrrrrrrr...was just about to come and post about RAB being Regulus Black and someone got there before me...Personally I think that when Regulus died he will have somehow left the necklace to his mother, and it will be somewhere at Grimmauld Place, and Harry will be looking everywhere for it, all over the country etc, not realising that it's right under his nose.
    One other thing I want to mention-Tonks and Lupin...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    does it matter the order of horcruxes being destroyed?
    if Harry is one of the horcrux of voldie's (which i doubt)
    then Harry will kill voldie (presumably by LOVE)
    and then he'll have to kill himself.
    And that could be the end of HP series.
    I also heard a rumour that the last word in book 7 will be "scar"
    so the dead body of HP will be discovered by Ron + Hermione,
    and Hermione will probably say to Ron, "Where's his scar?"

ReputationRep:
    So dumbledore was the first headmaster to be buried on the grounds, right before the school is about to close :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.