Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just popped in to say I've just found out Middlesbrough has the lowest Potter book per Person ratio in the country. I feel proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Just popped in to say I've just found out Middlesbrough has the lowest Potter book per Person ratio in the country. I feel proud.

lol, where did you find that information?

ReputationRep:
    Just finished the book this morning and :eek: I thought that dumbledore would be killed off but it's still not something you want to see, ever I think book 7 will be really exciting, it'll be interesting to see harry go it alone. Obviously he'll have the Order etc, but no dumby.

Not sure if i'm convinced with the Ron/Hermione pairing, I don't really see why she'd be attracted to him, I've always seen here more with a Lupin-type character now (although not now, of course, and not really Lupin himself in the first place cause there's about 30 years between them lol). Ron seems like too much of a lad for Hermione I think, but we'll have to see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    why does dumbledore freeze harry?? surely he could have gone to get help??
    Because imagine if he'd stayed and duelled with Malfoy and the Death Eaters had turned up.

ReputationRep:
    To those who believe Harry is a horcrux:

Would it not totally defy the prophecy if Harry was required to kill himself in order to kill Voldemort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    To those who believe Harry is a horcrux:

Would it not totally defy the prophecy if Harry was required to kill himself in order to kill Voldemort?
    Not necessarily, first up I think most people think it's Harry's scar that is the Horcrux rather than Harry himself. And if so it's not a certainty that Harry would have to kill himself to destroy it.

And also didn't DD say that just because a prophecy is made doesn't mean it is certain to come true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Just finished the book this morning and :eek: I thought that dumbledore would be killed off but it's still not something you want to see, ever I think book 7 will be really exciting, it'll be interesting to see harry go it alone. Obviously he'll have the Order etc, but no dumby.

Not sure if i'm convinced with the Ron/Hermione pairing, I don't really see why she'd be attracted to him, I've always seen here more with a Lupin-type character now (although not now, of course, and not really Lupin himself in the first place cause there's about 30 years between them lol). Ron seems like too much of a lad for Hermione I think, but we'll have to see!
    but they would be so cute

ReputationRep:
    why does dumbledore freeze harry?? surely he could have gone to get help??
    My guess is that its beacause dumbledore knew what was about to happen (and knew that he couldn't stop it) and knew that harry would try to save him, so to stop harry being able to intervene he froze him

ReputationRep:
    harry was frozen because he needed to see what he saw and not be seen. Snape is good!!! Read my theory a couple of pages before.
    I think Harry is a horcrux-the prophecy does not say one must kill the other but that one cannot live while the other does. This is why I think harry will kill Voldemort but being a horcrux voldemort will live through him and ron or hermione will have to kill him unless some incredible magical thing happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventricles)
    My guess is that its beacause dumbledore knew what was about to happen (and knew that he couldn't stop it) and knew that harry would try to save him, so to stop harry being able to intervene he froze him
    thank you! Read my theory

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit disappointed in the new book to be honest... there were a few holes in the plot that made it slightly odd; for example, why did Dumbledore drink the potion when he could have just tipped it on the floor or something? And also... how could Montague possibly have apparated out of the broken vanishing cabinet when its not possible to do so in the Hogwarts building or grounds...? Hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    will there be an order of the phoenix now that dumbledores gone?? he was the leader and the secret keeper to the house. the charms from the house will have fallen making it less secure. it wouldnt be able to be called the "order of the phoenix" because there is no phoenix now.
    so??? what you think??

ReputationRep:
    We dont really know about Petunia yet Im afraid.

There is more about the prophecy in book 6, but we wont discuss that here.

The connection between Harry and Neville is that either could have been the subject of the prophecy, but Harry was the one chosen (despite being hal-blood). Im not sure what you dont get really, so if you'd like to explain more it would be easier to say.

There is no longer any prophetic connection between Harry and Neville.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittball)
    I'm a bit disappointed in the new book to be honest... there were a few holes in the plot that made it slightly odd; for example, why did Dumbledore drink the potion when he could have just tipped it on the floor or something? And also... how could Montague possibly have apparated out of the broken vanishing cabinet when its not possible to do so in the Hogwarts building or grounds...? Hmmm.
    the potion had to be drunk to get to the chain-only way and the vanishing cabinet doesn't apparate people it transports them unusually like the whole fire thing.

ReputationRep:
    will there be an order of the phoenix now that dumbledores gone?? he was the leader and the secret keeper to the house. the charms from the house will have fallen making it less secure. it wouldnt be able to be called the "order of the phoenix" because there is no phoenix now.
    so??? what you think??
    i think it its finally just harry v voldemort-it will be the three friends hunting down the horcruxes whilst everyone else is trying to stay alive!

ReputationRep:
    But how could HArry be a horcrux - Voldemort would have to kill to rip his soul, then speak an incantation to bind the split part.

A) He didnt kill

B) He couldnt speak the incantation anyway due to lack of body

Perhaps Harry is Dumbledores horcrux (despite DUmbledore hating them - perhaps he used to be dark or something, it oculd fit and explains his dislike of mention of them), and Voldemort knows this. THat could be hwy he went for Harry, reasoning that it is just an aspect of his DUmbledore conflict and Harry is DUmbledore to a point, which is why neither can live while the other survives.

Im rambling a bit, but I like the idea of Dumbledore having been dark and having made a horcrux.

ReputationRep:
    It said that Montague got out of the cabinet when he was forced into it by Fred and George when it was broken. He was stuck in it because it was broken, and the book said he managed to apparate himself out into a bathroom in Hogwarts somewhere even though he never passed his test. This isn't supposed to be possible :s And I still don't understand why Dumbledore didn't just throw the potion on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like my 'absurd' prediction was right all along... :flute:

(Original post by Miles - Harry Potter Discussion Thread - 04/07/2004)
    Severus Snape as Half Blood Prince, maybe? JKR said that there was a lot more to learn about him and his background in Book 6
    (Original post by Dude)
    I dount that Snape is a half blood (in terms of having a muggle father/mother). Remember that he is head of Slytheren which prefares Pure Blood over very thing else. And he was a Death Eater.
    (Original post by Miles)
    True, but even Voldie was a half-blood and in Slytherin - being a pure blood isn't a necessity for being a Slytherin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    But how could HArry be a horcrux - Voldemort would have to kill to rip his soul, then speak an incantation to bind the split part.

A) He didnt kill

Perhaps Harry is Dumbledores horcrux (despite DUmbledore hating them - perhaps he used to be dark or something, it oculd fit and explains his dislike of mention of them), and Voldemort knows this. THat could be hwy he went for Harry, reasoning that it is just an aspect of his DUmbledore conflict and Harry is DUmbledore to a point, which is why neither can live while the other survives.

Im rambling a bit, but I like the idea of Dumbledore having been dark and having made a horcrux.
    ah but thats the thing, voldemort didn't intend to transer a part of his soul to harry but since he had already shattered it himself already well it could happen. Which is why i think harry will kill voldemort but voldemort will live throu7gh him and a close friend will have to kill him after painful goodbyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)

A) He didnt kill

ah but thats the thing, voldemort didn't intend to transer a part of his soul to harry but since he had already shattered it himself already well it could happen. Which is why i think harry will kill voldemort but voldemort will live through him and a close friend will have to kill him after painful goodbyes

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.