Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepooos)
    thank you! Read my theory
    I agree with alot of what your saying, about the charm barrier on the tower and needing snape as he is close to voldemort......but i'm still not convinced of the harry horcrux theory. I don't know what it is, i can see the logic to it and how it could be true but i'm just not sure....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    But how could HArry be a horcrux - Voldemort would have to kill to rip his soul, then speak an incantation to bind the split part.

A) He didnt kill

B) He couldnt speak the incantation anyway due to lack of body

Perhaps Harry is Dumbledores horcrux (despite DUmbledore hating them - perhaps he used to be dark or something, it oculd fit and explains his dislike of mention of them), and Voldemort knows this. THat could be hwy he went for Harry, reasoning that it is just an aspect of his DUmbledore conflict and Harry is DUmbledore to a point, which is why neither can live while the other survives.

Im rambling a bit, but I like the idea of Dumbledore having been dark and having made a horcrux.
    ah but thats the thing, voldemort didn't intend to transer a part of his soul to harry but since he had already shattered it himself already well it could happen. Which is why i think harry will kill voldemort but voldemort will live through him and a close friend will have to kill him after painful goodbyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GengisKahn)

And Snape - I still don't know whether or not to trust him. The prophesy referred to the "two" as "one will have to die and the other live"; I reckon it actually refers to Snape and Dumbledore. Snape would have died if he hadn't have killed Dumbledore (due to the Unbreakable Vow) or, Dumbledore would have killed Snape. There's loopholes in that, granted, but I reckon the prophesy doesn't refer to Harry/Voldemort/Neville... Just a thought though.
    that's a good theory.

i couldn't believe it when *he* said he was the half blood prince.
    did anyone else think that it had something to do with royalty?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't believe Snape was the half blood prince !!!!

ReputationRep:
    In the next book Harrys going to be out on the road hunting down old voldy. Hogwarts has got to get a mention hasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    But didn't DD say that just because a prophecy is made doesn't mean it has to come true.

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure Harry isn't a Horcrux. Firstly it would require a lot of powerful dark magic on Voldemort's part and not simply a failed killing curse. Secondly it has become pretty clear that Voldemort didn't intend for Harry to survive, rather he was foiled by the protection Lilly gave Harry. Thirdly Voldemort's obsession with the number 7; Harry would have at best been an additional Horcrux because surely Voldemort would not have realised he had transferred part of his soul to Harry. Fourth, Voldemort has tried on numerous occasions to kill Harry - not a wise move if he has embedded part of his soul inside him. Fifth, given the huge protection he has given to the other Horcruxes (note the diary getting into Hogwarts turned out to be an error on the part of Lucius Malfoy) I doubt he would put part of his soul under the Dumbledore's nose. Sixth, Voldemort created Horcruxes to prevent his own death; by all rights he should have died after failing to kill Harry but he simply fell from power and became extremely weak. As far as we know this was his first encounter with Harry and it left him far too weak to even hold a wand never mind perform the magic to make Harry a horcrux. All in all I am pretty certain Harry isn't one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    I am pretty sure Harry isn't a Horcrux. Firstly it would require a lot of powerful dark magic on Voldemort's part and not simply a failed killing curse. Secondly it has become pretty clear that Voldemort didn't intend for Harry to survive, rather he was foiled by the protection Lilly gave Harry. Thirdly Voldemort's obsession with the number 7; Harry would have at best been an additional Horcrux because surely Voldemort would not have realised he had transferred part of his soul to Harry. Fourth, Voldemort has tried on numerous occasions to kill Harry - not a wise move if he has embedded part of his soul inside him. Fifth, given the huge protection he has given to the other Horcruxes (note the diary getting into Hogwarts turned out to be an error on the part of Lucius Malfoy) I doubt he would put part of his soul under the nose of Dumbledore. Sixth, Voldemort created Horcruxes to prevent his own death; by all rights he should have died after failing to kill Harry but he simply fell from power and became extremely weak. As far as we know this was his first encounter with Harry and it left him far to weak to even hold a wand never mind perform the magic to make Harry a horcrux. All in all I am pretty certain Harry isn't one.
    See, i knew there was somnrthing stopping me believing that thoery.....

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure Harry isn't a Horcrux. Firstly it would require a lot of powerful dark magic on Voldemort's part and not simply a failed killing curse. Secondly it has become pretty clear that Voldemort didn't intend for Harry to survive, rather he was foiled by the protection Lilly gave Harry. Thirdly Voldemort's obsession with the number 7; Harry would have at best been an additional Horcrux because surely Voldemort would not have realised he had transferred part of his soul to Harry. Fourth, Voldemort has tried on numerous occasions to kill Harry - not a wise move if he has embedded part of his soul inside him. Fifth, given the huge protection he has given to the other Horcruxes (note the diary getting into Hogwarts turned out to be an error on the part of Lucius Malfoy) I doubt he would put part of his soul under the nose of Dumbledore. Sixth, Voldemort created Horcruxes to prevent his own death; by all rights he should have died after failing to kill Harry but he simply fell from power and became extremely weak. As far as we know this was his first encounter with Harry and it left him far to weak to even hold a wand never mind perform the magic to make Harry a horcrux. All in all I am pretty certain Harry isn't one.
    Must say I totally agree with you. All this talk about Harry being a Horcrux is absolute nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Harry as a horcrux doesn't quite fit. But then again i have to admit i did think about it.
    I can't believe the next book isn't going to be released for 2 years. The seventh is the final one right.
    I think that perhaps she should do another one after. You know just to see them when tey're all grown up a reunion or something.

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure Harry isn't a Horcrux. Firstly it would require a lot of powerful dark magic on Voldemort's part and not simply a failed killing curse. Secondly it has become pretty clear that Voldemort didn't intend for Harry to survive, rather he was foiled by the protection Lilly gave Harry. Thirdly Voldemort's obsession with the number 7; Harry would have at best been an additional Horcrux because surely Voldemort would not have realised he had transferred part of his soul to Harry. Fourth, Voldemort has tried on numerous occasions to kill Harry - not a wise move if he has embedded part of his soul inside him. Fifth, given the huge protection he has given to the other Horcruxes (note the diary getting into Hogwarts turned out to be an error on the part of Lucius Malfoy) I doubt he would put part of his soul under the Dumbledore's nose. Sixth, Voldemort created Horcruxes to prevent his own death; by all rights he should have died after failing to kill Harry but he simply fell from power and became extremely weak. As far as we know this was his first encounter with Harry and it left him far too weak to even hold a wand never mind perform the magic to make Harry a horcrux. All in all I am pretty certain Harry isn't one.
    I would have to disagree. Voldemort never actually tried to kill Harry and if he did surely he is either trying to retrieve that soul or kill the powerful person that has it. I htink he would be willing to kill off a part of his soul rather than Harry Potter have it.

ReputationRep:
    I would have to disagree. Voldemort never actually tried to kill Harry and if he did surely he is either trying to retrieve that soul or kill the powerful person that has it. I htink he would be willing to kill off a part of his soul rather than Harry Potter have it.
    What the hell are you talking about saying Voldemort never tried to kill Harry. Of course he did. What do you think these 6 books have been based on.

ReputationRep:
    harry was frozen because he needed to see what he saw and not be seen. Snape is good!!! Read my theory a couple of pages before.
    I think Harry is a horcrux-the prophecy does not say one must kill the other but that one cannot live while the other does. This is why I think harry will kill Voldemort but being a horcrux voldemort will live through him and ron or hermione will have to kill him unless some incredible magical thing happens.
    I agree that snape is good, but not that harry is a horcrux - if he was then why would voldemort spend so much time and energy trying to kill harry if harry contained a piece of his soul? Killing harry would in turn make voldemort himself easier to kill; it doesn't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    I agree that snape is good, but not that harry is a horcrux - if he was then why would voldemort spend so much time and energy trying to kill harry if harry contained a piece of his soul? Killing harry would in turn make voldemort himself easier to kill; it doesn't make sense.
    you're right. but then again something is bound to happen to harry when he tries killing Voldemort in the next book. its just the logical way of thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, so he was trying to give Harry a cuddle the night Lily and James died? :rolleyes:

Of course Voldemort tried to kill Harry, he did so because he had a part of the prophecy related back to him and thought Harry was his nemesis. The point is that for Harry to be a Horcrux, Voldemort would have had to make him one.

Think about it. The night Lily and James died, Voldemort was coming for Harry. He was coming to kill Harry, not to make him a Horcrux. After he tried to kill him and failed he became extremely weak and unable to hold a wand until the end of Goblet of Fire. So there is no point at which he could even have made Harry a Horcrux. Presumably he must have made Horcruxes BEFORE he tried to kill Harry (which is what prevented him from dying). And when could Voldemort possibly have made Harry a Horcrux AFTER his renaissance at the end of GoF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catryn)
    you're right. but then again something is bound to happen to harry when he tries killing Voldemort in the next book. its just the logical way of thinking about it.
    I think that something'll happen but of course i don't know yet lol. Although harry and voldemort obviously have a bond forged between them, I don't think it's like that of a horcrux.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously dount that Harry was going to be made into a Horcrux. Remember that Dumbledore said that living Horcruxs wouldn't be very good as they can walk about and that. The snake is the only exception as he has a special bond with snakes.

Question: Did we think that Toms Riddles diary could be the one small detail left in Chamber of Secrets cos it was either that or the shop in Knockturn alley.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think harry is a horcrux.

but heres what i think. I think Snape will turn out more powerful then voldermort. lol.
    1. Dumbledore could see through Tom Riddle but not Snape.
    2. Snape starts killing people and making horcruxs (his first murder is dumbledore?)

Anywayz, Snape may really be evil coz I think the part where it says both snape and tom riddle hated their muggle father and gave themselves 'cool' names really made sense. The end of 7 would be voldermort's death. This gives the writer a chance to have a second series of harry potter and the evil person being Snape.

The second thing in the book that I really liked was the part where dumbledore was saying that prophecy didnt make reality but the actions of the person who heard the prophecy made the prophecy reality. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totally obsesd)
    is there a website where you can read the whole interview?
    Yes. It's not very good though. Rubbish questions, and only one interesting answer.

(Original post by Kittball)
    It said that Montague got out of the cabinet when he was forced into it by Fred and George when it was broken. He was stuck in it because it was broken, and the book said he managed to apparate himself out into a bathroom in Hogwarts somewhere even though he never passed his test. This isn't supposed to be possible :s And I still don't understand why Dumbledore didn't just throw the potion on the floor.
    It said Montague was stuck in some kind of emptiness half-way between the shop and the school. Presumably that magical space was not covered by the anti-apparition charms on Hogwarts. It doesn't say where he apparated to. We can probably assume it was not into Hogwarts since that is impossible, and anyway, would probably have been mentioned before now.

Presumably the potion would have refilled if it was poured away rather than poured into someone's mouth. I imagine the idea would have occured to both Voldemort and Dumbledore, leading to the necessity to drink it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinc11)
    I dont think harry is a horcrux.

but heres what i think. I think Snape will turn out more powerful then voldermort. lol.
    1. Dumbledore could see through Tom Riddle but not Snape.
    2. Snape starts killing people and making horcruxs (his first murder is dumbledore?)

Anywayz, Snape may really be evil coz I think the part where it says both snape and tom riddle hated their muggle father and gave themselves 'cool' names really made sense. The end of 7 would be voldermort's death. This gives the writer a chance to have a second series of harry potter and the evil person being Snape.

The second thing in the book that I really liked was the part where dumbledore was saying that prophecy didnt make reality but the actions of the person who heard the prophecy made the prophecy reality. =)
    Snape will not be more powerful then Voldemort. Next to Dumbledore, Voldemort is the most powerful wizard who ever lived. Since Dumbledore is dead now though, that makes him the most powerful.

Also it has been said time and time again, that JK will not be countiuning the HP series after the next book because there will be no point.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.