Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Samatha Scattergood for Waterstones - Which is your favourite member of the Order of the Phoenix?

JK Rowling: I keep killing all my favourite members of the Order of the Phoenix, but there is one member of the Order of the Phoenix that you have not yet met properly and you will ** well, you know that they are a member, but you haven't really met them properly yet and you will meet them in seven, so I am looking forward to that.

Who could this be?
    McGonogal. We don't know anything about her yet we will have to in 7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Not really. Neither can live while the other survives. It makes perfect sense. And Harry has some of voldemort in himself. That is evident from the sorting hat's desire to put him in Slytherin and his ability to speak parseltongue. And remember, the prophesy is only what you make of it.

In the end I don't think she will kill off Harry, it is a kiddies book and as long as Harry is alive there is a possibility of further down the line, making more money.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone love the part where Dumbledore said something like, "I'm safe 'm with you, Harry" (Can't remember exact quote.) I thought that was so sweet!
    I love Dumbledore I'm so sad he has died, but I refuse to believe Snape is really evil. Dumbledore is too brilliant to have just died like that, I believe Dumbledore sacrificed himself and his death is in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    And you remembered your password :eek:
    THE OLD "SEND PASSWORD TO EMAIL" MANEUVER SAVED ME

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was so upset at that part.

ReputationRep:
    Snape would have died if he had broken an unbreakable vow to dumbledore.
    The Unbrekable Vow could be that he would swear to protect Harry from harm, as a 'punishment', for lack of a better word, for informing LV of the prophecy.

ReputationRep:
    i think it would spoil the series if harry dies. although life is not all happy endings, i would be really dissapointed if the main guy in 7 books was killed off. it completely eliminates any possibility of more books, although i dont think any planned. plus it would just be too sad!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Harry would die as it is a kids book. Maybe Ron or Hermione but then there is an incling that they will go out and this would be fairly mean! I guess Dumbledore had to go so that Harry wouldn't have anyone of any great power to help and protect him against Voldemort. Still wasn't expecting it though! So sad.

Also Hermione is going to leave Hogwarts with the other two! That was surprising seeing as she is so bright and academic.

Great book, i hate Snape now- thought he would be good really but that's gone out the window.

ReputationRep:
    McGonogal. We don't know anything about her yet we will have to in 7.
    Then if it was McGonagall why didn't she just say so. I don't reckon its Kingsley either, I got the impression it was someone we'd met by name only really.

ReputationRep:
    Finished it this morning

:bawling: :argh: :frown: :hmmmm2: :vmad: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

twas really good but SO sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay50)
    In the end I don't think she will kill off Harry, it is a kiddies book and as long as Harry is alive there is a possibility of further down the line, making more money.
    More money? She doesn't need it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Frankly I find myself liking Snape more and more - no longer is he a pasty faced nasty little warlock, but instead he has some actual emotions!

I wonder why he doesnt want to be called a coward...

ReputationRep:
    Actully killing harry would be alot easier than killing dumbeldore I loved that man he seemed like a father idol or a grandfather or someone you an rely on I've just finished reading the book and I really was expecting dumbeldore dieing even before reading but i kept even after he died waiting that he might not have died or was merly injured or anything but I couldn't bare him dieing..I don't know it's gonna be two long years till book 7 wuld be released until then hmmmmf .......all of my beloved characters are dieing I disgise snape though I used to like him now he represents a form of betrayel I also became to like jenny and luna ....neville wasn't something in the book...but something was wrong at the wings hospital thingie I mean discussing a wedding..forgod's sake their son was injured severly and dumbeldore was just dead and they were discussing a wedding.also I though dumbeldore might have left a note for harry to explain more stuff,I really was shocked their was nothing..I felt harry also was very weak in this boomk he was a lot stronger in order of the phoniex(sp?) ,snape just got him so easily

ReputationRep:
    oh by the way i'm going to rep anybody who has said snape was the half blood prince just put through your post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    oh by the way i'm going to rep anybody who has said snape was the half blood prince just put through your post
    I think Miles guess!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    Actully killing harry would be alot easier than killing dumbeldore I loved that man he seemed like a father idol or a grandfather or someone you an rely on I've just finished reading the book and I really was expecting dumbeldore dieing even before reading but i kept even after he died waiting that he might not have died or was merly injured or anything but I couldn't bare him dieing..I don't know it's gonna be two long years till book 7 wuld be released until then hmmmmf .......all of my beloved characters are dieing I disgise snape though I used to like him now he represents a form of betrayel I also became to like jenny and luna ....neville wasn't something in the book...but something was wrong at the wings hospital thingie I mean discussing a wedding..forgod's sake their son was injured severly and dumbeldore was just dead and they were discussing a wedding.also I though dumbeldore might have left a note for harry to explain more stuff,I really was shocked their was nothing..I felt harry also was very weak in this boomk he was a lot stronger in order of the phoniex(sp?) ,snape just got him so easily
    You're forgetting one vital thing - book 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley Kim)
    I don't think Harry would die as it is a kids book. Maybe Ron or Hermione but then there is an incling that they will go out and this would be fairly mean! I guess Dumbledore had to go so that Harry wouldn't have anyone of any great power to help and protect him against Voldemort. Still wasn't expecting it though! So sad.

Also Hermione is going to leave Hogwarts with the other two! That was surprising seeing as she is so bright and academic.

Great book, i hate Snape now- thought he would be good really but that's gone out the window.
    SNAPE IS GOOOOD!
    Bah you people.
    Anyway I hope harry dies and he's killed by a close friend-I think you've heard my theory as that would be waaaayyy more effective than Voldemort killing him.
    In fact to be completely honest, I hope all three of them die-now that would be a good storyline. If not I hope at least the majority of characters we have gotten to know die.

ReputationRep:
    FURTHER ADDITION TO THE SNAPE IS GOOD THEORY...
    Snape, despite telling Bellatrix how he was always indirectly helping LV, never told LV how to get the prophecy, ie. that if anyone apart from who the prophecy was about would suffer madness if they touched it. Note, that in OOTP, it is Rookwood who tells LV this, (as seen by Harry in one of his visions), after Avery's 'blunder' and Bode's subsequent Imperiusing. However, the above information was well known to the Order according to Dumbledore who says so in the penultimate chapter of OOTP. If Snape was indeed working for LV, then why on earth did he not tell this to the Death Eaters, because this was a very crucial bit of information!

ALSO ---> Snape stops a DE from using teh Cruciatus Curse on Harry, apparently because he says that "Potter is for the Dark Lord." But perhaps is because he has sworn to D'ore that he would protect Harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    But draco did hurt dumbledore. He disarmed him, and instead of trying to block it, he chose to save harry. If he had his wand he could have easily handled malfoy, and made the fight scene in hogwarts a lot better. I thought it had potential to be like the ministy fight, but she didn't really go into it that much.
    Draco was not evil enough to kill Dumbledore. It's been one of Dumbledore's main characteristics that he has looked for redemptive qualities in people. Hagrid when everyone thought he had opened the Chamber, Trelawney who is essentially a fraud but made some important prophecies, dare I say it... Snape whom he trusted despite his having been a Death Eater. And the one person Dumbledore was right NOT to trust was Tom Riddle. Voldemort mentions in Chamber of Secrets that Dumbledore never trusted him like the other teachers did. Even when he first went to see Riddle in the orphanage you can tell Dumbledore doesn't trust him. That tells me that Dumbledore was a good judge of character.

Anyway, let's assume for a moment that he didn't get fooled by Snape and that Snape only did what he had to do (and that Dumbledore was going to die anyway after the potion.) Dumbledore sacrificed himself for Malfoy, Malfoy's family, and for Harry (and given the Unbreakable Vow for Snape as well). If he had fought he would have risked Harry's life and if he hadn't died there is a good chance Snape and Malfoy and Malfoy's parents would have died as well as the risk of Harry dying. I believe that in some strange way he KNEW what had to happen which is why he sent Harry straight to Snape when they got back from the cave.

[From the point of view of the book itself I found this "fight" scene far more powerful than the Ministry one in OotP if I am honest. I was very upset when Dumbledore died but I think it had to be that way for the story to progress.]

I know it sounds like a slightly wacky theory, and maybe it is, but I'm still thinking about it and need to re-read it to sort things out in my mind a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepooos)
    I hope all three of them die-now that would be a good storyline. If not I hope at least the majority of characters we have gotten to know die.
    You're a little ray of sunshine aren't you. :rolleyes:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.