The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Your theory makes good sense...I said something similar too somewhere on this thread. :smile:

I somehow think that DD knew that he was going to die from the very start of the book...why then does JKR emphasize his agitation so very much towards the end of teh Horcruxes chapter...
Daveo
You're forgetting one vital thing - book 7 :smile:
I know that I wonder what is book 7 going to be..when is it going to be released,actully I don't know why didn't dumbeldore use accio wand spell :confused:
You cant accio wand without a wand to accio the wand with.

I reckon the order member I mentioned is Mcgonogall or Flitwick, and with luck perhaps both will have hteir day. Perhaps Flitwick more because we know the least about him, but he teaches charms which is allegedly very important for Harry (he has his mothers eyes...).
habosh
I know that I wonder what is book 7 going to be..when is it going to be released,actully I don't know why didn't dumbeldore use accio wand spell :confused:

But doesn't he need his wand to cast the spell? so he couldn't cast a spell to get the wand
this might seem stupid, but if this whole thing was the orders plan, why was lupin etc.. shocked in the hospital wing, or does everyone except Harry know the plan and they dont want to tell him yet, this might have something to do with why mcgonagal was questioning Harry at the end of the book...........
This whole thing definately wasn't the orders plan- probably Snape and DD were in on it. I will say it again, there is possibly an unbreakable vow between them to protect Harry
ruthiepooos
ah but thats the thing, voldemort didn't intend to transer a part of his soul to harry but since he had already shattered it himself already well it could happen. Which is why i think harry will kill voldemort but voldemort will live throu7gh him and a close friend will have to kill him after painful goodbyes :frown:

If you remember the end of OotP, Voldemort tried that but couldnt because Harry was full of love and therefore Voldemort couldnt reside in his body. So that cant be right.
Reply 12447
omg, how cool is book 6 :biggrin:
Nautical Rudie
If you remember the end of OotP, Voldemort tried that but couldnt because Harry was full of love and therefore Voldemort couldnt reside in his body. So that cant be right.

Indeed Vmort was intending to kill Harry due to the prophecy when he went to Godric's hollow, so it is highly unlikely that he intendd to make him a horcrux. Good point bout the love thing though.
Oh, and if Snape is working for Voldemort then why did he tell the order where Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna & Ginny were (at the hall of prophecy) in OotP? Surely hed have not told them so the death eaters werent disturbed.

Though the speculated unbreakable vow of Snape & Dumbledore may account for this.
I was disapointed when I first finished it, but I think that was just cos she's killed off Dumbledore!!!!! :eek: I spose he had to go really, but it was bad enough last time with Sirius :bawling: I think it was good now though, but the later books, including this one are more frustrating than the earilier onces cos they seem unfinished, and you have to wait ages for the next one. :frown:

Some of you have some interesting ideas, like Harry beign a Horcrux. I'm not sure if it'd work, but its interesting. I HATE snape, but I don't think he's evil. Dunno what the point of him being the half blood prince was, but it'll probably be explained next time. There was a lot of love in this one - shame Harry and Ginny spilt up, hopefully they'll get back together.

It's a good book, but its so anoying that we have to wait a few years for the next one, when there's so much that hasn't beem explained in HBP. oh well. :smile:Sorry for waffling so much but none of my familty/mates have finished it yet so I have no-one else to talk to bout it lol.

btw, whoever it was who wanted all the good characters to die, why???
i know i am really late in the dicussion but this has to be said: I REALLY CANNOT BELIEVE SHE KILLED OF DUMBLEDORE (sorry only now i've finished the book)
Just a point which I forgot earlier, did anyone else find the potion drinking scene in the cave really quite shocking? :eek: I certainly did. I mean it was one thing killing Dumbledore, but to read him going through all that first... It was pretty horrible. :dong:
i cant believe DD's dead. i finsihed reading the book last nite and couldnt even get to sleep. :eek: :eek: :eek:
wot is JKR playing at- how can she kill DD, hes the best character in the book. without him theyre gonners.
its how he died thats more irksome- why couldnt harry have drank that stuped thing.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
why did snape have to kill him- after he fell i kept on hoping dat it was all a ploy by DD. snape is a selfish so and so, i cant believe i didnt want him to die.

im not sure what i think of the book, i was a bit peeved when no one listened to harry, everyone constantly ignored him.
i kept on thinking that the HBP was voldemort and that harrys potion book was the horcrux-

*end of rant*
Marvi
I was disapointed when I first finished it, but I think that was just cos she's killed off Dumbledore!!!!! :eek: I spose he had to go really, but it was bad enough last time with Sirius :bawling: I think it was good now though, but the later books, including this one are more frustrating than the earilier onces cos they seem unfinished, and you have to wait ages for the next one. :frown:

Some of you have some interesting ideas, like Harry beign a Horcrux. I'm not sure if it'd work, but its interesting. I HATE snape, but I don't think he's evil. Dunno what the point of him being the half blood prince was, but it'll probably be explained next time. There was a lot of love in this one - shame Harry and Ginny spilt up, hopefully they'll get back together.

It's a good book, but its so anoying that we have to wait a few years for the next one, when there's so much that hasn't beem explained in HBP. oh well. :smile:Sorry for waffling so much but none of my familty/mates have finished it yet so I have no-one else to talk to bout it lol.

btw, whoever it was who wanted all the good characters to die, why???

ditto, but it will be a bit werid to know that the last book will take place outside of Hogwarts where the adventure started.
Reply 12455
Ahollisan
ditto, but it will be a bit werid to know that the last book will take place outside of Hogwarts where the adventure started.

hogwarts might be invlved somehow, harry might find that he has to go there for information, or to keep safe, or to consult dumbldores portrait
I was really saddened too that Dumbledore died, he was my favorite character, but I guess that his sacrifice was needed :smile:
hedwig
hogwarts might be invlved somehow, harry might find that he has to go there for information, or to keep safe, or to consult dumbldores portrait

or a horcrux might be there!
dumbledores not techniacally left if his portrait is still there has he??
he can still be incharge of the order and give advice etc, cant he???
Reply 12458
as to harry being a horcrux. i came up with that he would be the gryffindor thing. but i found a problem:

1-voldemort wouldnt have put the horcrux in harry before he killed him cos that would just destroy it
2-he couldnt do it after because he was nothing

but i overcame this:
voldemort would have ripped his soul from killing lily and james and when he lost his powers he transferred some to harry, so the ripped sould would pass to him.

the prophecy would fit as well - neither can live while the other survives

im still not convinced about harry being a horcrux though
Reply 12459
darth_vader05
or a horcrux might be there!
dumbledores not techniacally left if his portrait is still there has he??
he can still be incharge of the order and give advice etc, cant he???

as well remember harry repeated dumbledores words from book 2 that he shall not have truely left while thoses who remain stay loyal

Latest

Trending

Trending