Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Also, I still believe like I always have that Snape is innocent and not evil, that is he did not betray Dumbledore. If you remember Dumbledore actually pleaded Snape in the last moments before his death, and it's not in DD's character to actually plead for Snape to spare him, so he must have been pleading Snape to kill him. DD must have known of the unbreakable vow made by Snape to not let Draco get killed, and also, by killing DD Snape has become the most loyal and trustworthy follower in the eyes of Voldemort, which would mean that because of this Snape might be of more use to Harry than DD in getting the horcruxes.

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore cant help or advise, he can only do what the other previous heads can do, which is travel between portraits to do the bidding of the current head of Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nautical Rudie)
    Dumbledore cant help or advise, he can only do what the other previous heads can do, which is travel between portraits to do the bidding of the current head of Hogwarts.
    but if the current head asks for advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FurbyMaX)
    Also, I still believe like I always have that Snape is innocent and not evil, that is he did not betray Dumbledore. If you remember Dumbledore actually pleaded Snape in the last moments before his death, and it's not in DD's character to actually plead for Snape to spare him, so he must have been pleading Snape to kill him. DD must have known of the unbreakable vow made by Snape to not let Draco get killed, and also, by killing DD Snape has become the most loyal and trustworthy character in the eyes of Voldemort, which would mean that because of this Snape might be of more use to Harry than DD in getting the horcruxes.

i still cant think why dumbledore wanted harry to get snape???
    was it for snape to kill him anyway??? was an agreement made for this to happen???
    maybe the potion dumbledore had to drink, he realised what it was and that maybe it would have a bad effect or something, for others, so dumbledore sacrificed himself??
    i dont know :confused: what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nautical Rudie)
    What can exactly the portraits do? Do they have an independent mind, like the ghosts? The fat lady seems to..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    hogwarts might be invlved somehow, harry might find that he has to go there for information, or to keep safe, or to consult dumbldores portrait
    I think the final battale will be with in the walls of hagworts where nobody can apperate :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    was it for snape to kill him anyway??? was an agreement made for this to happen???
    maybe the potion dumbledore had to drink, he realised what it was and that maybe it would have a bad effect or something, for others, so dumbledore sacrificed himself??
    i think he might have wanted snape to help him to heal, cos snape helped him when his hand got damaged.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I think that DD wanted Harry to call Snape as Snape is a potion genius and might have known better on how to cure DD than the lady of the hospital wing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i think he might have wanted snape to help him to heal, cos snape helped him when his hand got damaged.
    hhmm, i dont know
    there must be something more than what snape says that dumbledore trusts him enough.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I think that DD wanted Harry to call Snape as Snape is a potion genius and might have known better on how to cure DD than the lady of the hospital wing..
    Dumbledore wouldn't have been thinking of himself as the Dark Mark was hovering over Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Dumbledore wouldn't have been thinking of himself as the Dark Mark was hovering over Hogwarts.
    from what I remember DD asked for harry to call snape before they both saw the Dark Mark.. am i right?

ReputationRep:
    can someone clarify sommer for me - i know that the prohecy said that one has to kill the other, but u i think that i just read that neither can live whilst the other survive- wot does it mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    can someone clarify sommer for me - i know that the prohecy said that one has to kill the other, but u i think that i just read that neither can live whilst the other survive- wot does it mean by that?
    voldemort cannot survive whildt harry lives and vice versa

ReputationRep:
    from what I remember DD asked for harry to call snape before they both saw the Dark Mark.. am i right?
    Yes, you're right. Very good point.

Edit: Having said that, if he thought he was dying (which he seemed to suggest he was) he would have needed to talk to Snape anyway assuming Snape WAS innocent.

ReputationRep:
    hogwarts might be invlved somehow, harry might find that he has to go there for information, or to keep safe, or to consult dumbldores portrait
    i hope so, it wouldn't be the same without it, but i don't know... the last book will probably be filled with action and if they do go back to hogwarts i doubt it will be for much of the book, unless its a very big book.

ReputationRep:
    voldemort cannot survive whildt harry lives and vice versa
    :embarasse
    i thought it meant dat if harry killed voldemort then he'd die to!!
    well you can tell that i dont know how to read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Yes, you're right. Very good point.

Edit: Having said that, if he thought he was dying (which he seemed to suggest he was) he would have needed to talk to Snape anyway assuming Snape WAS innocent.
    i think DD only told harry after theyd landed :confused: not whilst they were flying. as soon as they landed he probably realised that it was a trap and wanted to tell snape his will!!!

i think i have to believ that DD knew that he was dying and wanted snape to kill him instead of malfoy. why didnt he let harry protect him?

ReputationRep:
    ok, againt this harry as a horcrux thing -
    1.) how did voldemort do it? the person has to chant a spell and stuff, which he didnt do to harry
    2.) dumbledore said its stupid to put a horcrux in a living thing
    3.) voldemort got hurt when he touched harry before, why would he be a part of him?

by the way, was quirrel a horcrux in book 1 then or what :\

ReputationRep:
    and yet after they saw the dark mark...he told harry to harry up and call snape before malfoy boosted in

ReputationRep:
    also this prophecy stuff...neither can live whilst the other survives...well, they both seem to have been alive at the same point for fairly lengthy periods :P

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.