Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    indeed, that does support this theory well.....that snape didnt want to hurt DD, so DD had to plead with serverus to "kill" him on the tower. I do indeed think it was all a plot to fake his own death if needs be. I dunno whether DD will come back in his full form, but if you ask me, he will definitely be back in one form or another!
    I don't think he "faked" his death, I think he sacrificed his life... It would explain Snape's enormous anger at being called a "coward" by Harry if DD had pleaded with him to do the Aveda Kedavra. DD trusted Snape where many others would not have done so. In the books JK makes a point about the redemptive nature of trust and forgiveness. For example the point is made that Wormtail is in Harry's debt because Harry spares his life in PoA. I don't think there was any faking of DD's death, rather it was something Snape had to do and which he must have felt terrible doing. The only form I see Dumbledore coming back in is as the portrait at Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    actully we've left something out,in the pensive when dumbledore asked the 11 years old tom riddle what he can do he told him he can make animals do whatever he want he can make people hurt and everything,and he didn't have a wand so that leads to the thought wouldn't a great powerful wizard like dumbledore be able to do a bit of magic with out needing a wand like someone has already said,I doubt really the he died he can't die that easy.:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    ...he didn't have a wand so that leads to the thought wouldn't a great powerful wizard like dumbledore be able to do a bit of magic with out needing a wand...
    That's how Muggle-born wizards find out they can do magic, it's uncontrolled - remember Harry? But we haven't seen any trained wizard doing that, unless getting into non-verbal spells is going to lead up to it...mere speculation, but I don't think Rowling would introduce someting like that this late on. So unless she's already suggested it in previous books (cue to re-read all of them)... More interesting is the fact that Riddle had already started controlling his power, which is supposed to be the point of attending wizards' schools.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, didn't Harry discount the idea of his dad as the HBP because the book was older than it should have been for it to have been used by James? Surely the same should go for Snape seeing as he was at Hogwarts with James, Sirius, Lilly, Lupin etc... I have probably missed something here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Quick question, didn't Harry discount the idea of his dad as the HBP because the book was older than it should have been for it to have been used by James? Surely the same should go for Snape seeing as he was at Hogwarts with James, Sirius, Lilly, Lupin etc... I have probably missed something here.
    yeah - ive been thinking the same thing. the book was about 50 years old ( i think ) thats why i though it may be voldemort.

ReputationRep:
    i think the book was actually his mums then she gave it to him or he got it second hand or something

ReputationRep:
    the half blood prince was snapes mum who was prince by name b4 marriage
    his mum was witch, his dad was muggle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    I don't think he "faked" his death, I think he sacrificed his life... It would explain Snape's enormous anger at being called a "coward" by Harry if DD had pleaded with him to do the Aveda Kedavra. DD trusted Snape where many others would not have done so. In the books JK makes a point about the redemptive nature of trust and forgiveness. For example the point is made that Wormtail is in Harry's debt because Harry spares his life in PoA. I don't think there was any faking of DD's death, rather it was something Snape had to do and which he must have felt terrible doing. The only form I see Dumbledore coming back in is as the portrait at Hogwarts.
    i think snape is still in debt to harry becasue he caused james death, therefore DD didnt want snape to die, becasue he still had to repay harrys debt?????
    i know dumbldores dead and never coming back, but i think that dumbledore intended for it to happen. im not sure whether DD knew that they were going to get a fake horcux or not????
    but couldnt DD summon his wand to his hand???? and defend himself???

ReputationRep:
    yeah he probably could have, that thing with your mind. But what if he wanted to die his hand must have been causing him pain.
    What happened to his hand i can't remember reading it and me mam has thiefed my book now.

ReputationRep:
    he got his hand like that from destroying a horcurx. snape saved him dying when he did it so only his hand was hurt.
    maybe it was a plot of dumbledores, he knew he would die, and with every1 believing snape evil, he would have greater access to lord v and could then in the final battle help harry. and pay back his debt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuna_secrets)
    the half blood prince was snapes mum who was prince by name b4 marriage
    his mum was witch, his dad was muggle
    no his mother's surname was prince but he snape was the half blood prince,I kinda concidered snape but when he said like 50 years ago I was like ugh then maybe it's dumbledore or something

ReputationRep:
    yeah, sorry, got confuddled, im still in shock dd died

ReputationRep:
    he got his hand like that from destroying a horcurx.
    really? where it say that!?

ReputationRep:
    The fact that DD's withered hand has not been explained also gives support to my theory that DD will indeed be back!!!

ReputationRep:
    i thought it said it, maybe im jumping to conclusions again.

ReputationRep:
    maybe it was someone under the poly juice potion, who willingly knew the risk, so every1 thought he is dead and he not really,

ReputationRep:
    yes, i was right, page 470/471 says how he got his withered hand

ReputationRep:
    maybe it was someone under the poly juice potion, who willingly knew the risk, so every1 thought he is dead and he not really,
    but then how come his potrait is in the new heads office. ive been thinking of wild theories but it all comes down to his potrait.
    i think he probably is dead but like someone said, not the way JKR wrote about it.

ReputationRep:
    I like that one. It would be a good thing, i liked DD *cries* *cries*

Oh yeah i remember his hand now. What horcrux was he destroying?

ReputationRep:
    the ring

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.