Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    where my siggi go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuna_secrets)
    where my siggi go
    don't know mine disappeared for a while.

Didn't he have the hand and the ring though when he visited harry in the summer?
    Or is that just part of my imagination?!
    Check the third or fourth chapter in the book.
    please *goes down on hands and knees*

ReputationRep:
    i dont think he did

it just says his hand was black

ReputationRep:
    i like Nigelina the little green gem, cos it says if you are on or offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    The fact that DD's withered hand has not been explained also gives support to my theory that DD will indeed be back!!!
    It has been explained! He did it destroying the ring Horcrux.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i said that, what did you think of the book?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i said that, what did you think of the book?
    10/10 and I've said that. :p:

I thought it was fantastic. Lots of interesting insights.

ReputationRep:
    i like Nigelina the little green gem, cos it says if you are on or offline
    Its not that one cos mine's red. It's the one by the number of posts. Anyways back to HPHBP.

I'm sure that harry says that he sees the ring on DD hand but then when he goes into the office for one of his lessons it is no longer there.This takes place in Hogwarts, right. DD hand was already burnt when he went to collect harry in summer harry notices it as the Dursleys answer the door. I'll check tonite but i'm pretty sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    really? where it say that!?
    Dumbeldore told harry that and thats how he got the ring,he fouyd it in grunt's house

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i agree, i say its the best book so far, the idea however that harry and r and h wont be at hogwarts next year will be awful.

ReputationRep:
    i cant find that, catryn, i will keep looking,

ReputationRep:
    actully I think it's intresting and kinda like out of the routine,plus no quditch(sp?) wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooohooooooooooooo I hate that part,that it has to be in every story,ah plus did anybody notice
    the mirror serious gave to harry wasn't even mentioned,do you think it's role is gone or it was just there in OOTP with out a perpous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    actully I think it's intresting and kinda like out of the routine,plus no quditch(sp?) wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooohooooooooooooo I hate that part,that it has to be in every story,ah plus did anybody notice
    the mirror serious gave to harry wasn't even mentioned,do you think it's role is gone or it was just there in OOTP with out a perpous
    it think it may be in the next book, that is if serious is going to come back in some form.

ReputationRep:
    i need to read ootp again i read it in 4 days and none of it sank in, what mirror?

ReputationRep:
    i cant find that, catryn, i will keep looking,
    Thanx chick.

ReputationRep:
    i need to read ootp again i read it in 4 days and none of it sank in, what mirror?
    well serious has gave harry a mirror so that whenever harry needed serious he'd use the mirror though I wonder why
    didn't harry use it instead of using umbridge's fireplace or when he knew serious was in danger why didn't he check the mirror :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    well serious has gave harry a mirror so that whenever harry needed serious he'd use the mirror though I wonder why
    didn't harry use it instead of using umbridge's fireplace or when he knew serious was in danger why didn't he check the mirror :confused:
    Harry didn't know about the mirror when Sirius gave it to him. All Sirius told him was that he could use it to contact him, but Harry had already decided he didn't want to put Sirius in anymore danger. He didn't even unwrap it, so had no idea it was there and then forgot about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    it think it may be in the next book, that is if serious is going to come back in some form.
    yeah well it should be...hmm but shouldn't it be refered to if it is going to be used in the next book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    It has been explained! He did it destroying the ring Horcrux.
    by "explained" I meant the dramatic tale DD promised harry. We only know that it involved the ring, surely DD would have given a more dramatic explanation than what we already know?

ReputationRep:
    The other mirror is probably in Sirius' house, so they could repair the one Harry has and find the second one. Then Harry, Ron, and Hermione could use the them to contact each other while going on their quest to find the horcruxes.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.