Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    no his mother's surname was prince but he snape was the half blood prince,I kinda concidered snape but when he said like 50 years ago I was like ugh then maybe it's dumbledore or something
    Dumbledore is/was 150

ReputationRep:
    Almost finished reading it, and I'm starting to feel a tad disappointed with it. Thought the second chapter was fantastic - very dark, revolved around three characters that aren't the usual four (RHHD).

The reason why I'm disappointed with it is the luck potion. It's almost as if JKR had scenes she had written, sometimes chapters apart, and couldn't tie it all together or make it seem believable, and so bunged in some potion that allowed Harry to get whatever information he needed out of Slughorn. It's a little *too* convenient.

The formula for all of the books are very "samey" also. Someone expanded on this on here somewhere, about how some bad thing happens, RHH investigate, Harry meets Voldy, some magical thing is revealed about the past or whatever, etc.

I do like the books, but I think perhaps I'm just getting tired of them now. I'm far more critical with my reading, even though I have absolutely no talent whatsoever in the writing field.

ReputationRep:
    ok I've read on mugglesnet that
    Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter,so what is it...what is it any ideas

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Shock horror- she was romantically involved with Snape!!!
    Sounds outrageous I know, but in Snape's memory she did pity him and could explain why Snape hates Harry so much- he blammes Harry for Lily's death.

More likely it has something to do with petunia though as JK revealed at one of the edinburgh festivals.

ReputationRep:
    She and Snape had a secret love child!

ReputationRep:
    This is clearly going to get moved into the harry potter forum. However, i think Snape is good, i trust Dumbledore. IMO Dumbledore had to die to let Harry fight Voldy on his own. I like Harry and Ginny, i want them to stay together. I also think Hermione and Ron are going to clearly get it together in the next book. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    She and Snape had a secret love child!
    Who was put into muggle care - adopted by the Granger Family and became Hermione.

(I don't see it happening but it would be funny)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Who was put into muggle care - adopted by the Granger Family and became Hermione.

(I don't see it happening but it would be funny)
    lol imagine hehehe.....hmmmm ok hmmm harry is snape's son

ReputationRep:
    OO'o'o'o'o'o seriously now
    maybe she has something todo with why dumbeldore trusts snape so much

ReputationRep:
    "Rowling certainly isn't afraid of sex, as Order of the Phoenix--which had Harry making out with the beautiful, grieving Cho Chang-"

Harry slept with Cho, did I miss something? :broken:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm new to this forum (*waves*), but this seems to be in wrong place. However, as a big Harry Potter fan, i reckon

1) Harry and Ginny's romance felt a bit too rushed to me, they got together, now they're apart - who cares?!

2) Ron and Hermione bicker like a married couple already, it'll be cute when they finally get together properly!

3) Knew it would be Dumbledore to die, but still sad, there's so much more he needs to teach Harry.

4) Grrr evil Snape, I'd love to cling to the hope its a double double pretence or whatever, but I'm not sure there's any hope there.

Overall, I enjoyed the book, but to be honest, it only really got going near the end and there's so much more Rowling could have done there, felt rather hurried, but I eagerly await the final installment!!

P.S soon to be second year at Notts, hiya all you new people, you'll love the place!

ReputationRep:
    as i fell asleep after finishing harry potter last night i had a dream...a dream in which i realised the true identity of the man behind the initials R.A.B. anyways, i reckon its Sirius' brother - REGULUS BLACK. anybody know his middle name???- Albus??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I really do think there might be something in the whole snape/lily theory, based on their interactions in his memory in OotP at least that he was in love with HER or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Dumbledore was a LEGEND. How will the magic world survive without him?

And more importantly, is it wrong that WE all care so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Hmmm... I really do think there might be something in the whole snape/lily theory, based on their interactions in his memory in OotP at least that he was in love with HER or something.
    i think thats why DD wanted snape alive, so that snape could help harry in some way.
    ( i still am not willing to believe that snape betrayed DD-he wouldnt have dared!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    And more importantly, is it wrong that WE all care so much?
    lol honestly the whole day today and last night I kept reminding my self *it's only a story,it's not real,it's a story,it's not real* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaaks786)
    as i fell asleep after finishing harry potter last night i had a dream...a dream in which i realised the true identity of the man behind the initials R.A.B. anyways, i reckon its Sirius' brother - REGULUS BLACK. anybody know his middle name???- Albus??? :confused:
    I don't think it was mentioned but hmm I'mn going to search

ReputationRep:
    heloooooo ppl

who do ya think R.A.B is?!?!?!!?!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    lol honestly the whole day today and last night I kept reminding my self *it's only a story,it's not real,it's a story,it's not real* :rolleyes:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i think thats why DD wanted snape alive, so that snape could help harry in some way.
    ( i still am not willing to believe that snape betrayed DD-he wouldnt have dared!)
    Yes! Snape is good I tell you! Good!

Sorry about that, I really didn't like snape at all through books 1-5 and now I suddenly believe that he's loyal to dumbledore after events in book 6.

Of course my theory mainly rests on old DD's capabilities, and he isn't exactly getting any younger...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.