Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    that's ok.
    suppose just one of my many trains of thought.

ReputationRep:
    im intrigued by the last word being scar. maybe it will be a cliffhanger ending?? that would reaaaaaaaaaally piss people off. unlikely i know but still.

harry slept well that night safe in the knowledge that voldemort was gone forever. all over the country wizards rejoiced, they were free! the next morning harry awoke with a jolt, a sharp pain pulsating through his scar.

ReputationRep:
    I figure it may be more along the Lines of 'Although the battle had been won, Harry knew He would never live to forget it..His life would be tainted by the constant reminder of his past. His scar."

OK well thats not ver good.. But you get my drift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Hmm, Well Maybe the Griffindor sword is a Horcrux. Or even Fawkes.. Random Guess there obviously.
    I thought about the Griffindor sword, but if it is that, would it really be a good idea to leave it in Dumbledore's office? And would it have come to Harry in CoS when mini-Voldie was attacking him?

I also thought of the Sorting Hat, as that did belong to Griffindor, and maybe had something to do with Slytherin grabbing all the ambitious slightly less scrupulous wizards and hence why they wanted Harry. Not convinced though.

I'm thinking maybe something at Godric's Hollow - I'm fairly sure that some of the Horcruxes will be objects we haven't yet come across (like we hadn't met the OotP or the GoF before the relevant books and had really no idea what they were.)

ReputationRep:
    I figure it may be more along the Lines of 'Although the battle had been won, Harry knew He would never live to forget it..His life would be tainted by the constant reminder of his past. His scar."
    I agree i was just saying i think it would be funny and unexpected for it to a total cliffhanger.

ReputationRep:
    but in the very recent interviews i e mugglenet and such didnt JK say the last few chapters would be about the survivors of the battle?? and if the last word is scar is that sort of suggesting Harry's survival or have i just got it completely wrong??

ReputationRep:
    ^ i should think so. i should also think that as 1) its a kids book first and foremost and 2) so many people expect harry to die, that harry will live.

ReputationRep:
    and also she surely wouldnt hint so strongely at a main characters survival. so to say that the last few chapters are about the survivors and that the last word is scar would be a MASSIVE hint surely. so then that sorta points in the other direction that he'll die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *tasha*)
    but in the very recent interviews i e mugglenet and such didnt JK say the last few chapters would be about the survivors of the battle?? and if the last word is scar is that sort of suggesting Harry's survival or have i just got it completely wrong??
    think outside the box!

it could be at his funeral and someones looking at his scar

or it could be a closing line about how he saved the world, the boy with a mark from an avada kedavra; a scar

it could be anything!

ReputationRep:
    ^ i think tasha just said that because its easy to assume that as the last chapters are apparently about survivors, that any mention of harry means he must be a survivor.

not true though imo.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I go on is that the ending cant have to much of a gory impact on children.. Its a weak line to follow but then you cant risk upsetting children too much.. I mean Id love a really fascinating ending and no 'Happy ever after' lovy dovey-ness.. But some would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    I think she'll kill of someone significant or a few significant characters and then balance out the negativity with something good e.g say Ginny dies then it will be balanced out by Snape surviving and turning out to be a relation (Perseus Evans?) that Harry can live with. Ok i appreciate thats not a very good example but you get my point. Or you think Harry has died as there is no sign of his body a la Sirius but then he returns. Or Ron nearly dies but is saved at the hands of a very-much-alive Sirius. See what I mean, I dont necessarily think those storylines will happen- just that she will balance out the bad with the good.

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt being simple minded in jsut joining up the dots with the facts about the last survivors chapters and the scar as the last word but i was hinting that this could be more of an implication as this could be one of the more solid things we have to go on at the moment..i dont even no if that makes sense...i cant explain it properly...i also agree that a whole 'they lived happily ever after' is just not JKRs style but then it has to be remembered this is a childrens book therefore i dont think she can attempt to forget that and write a really mean ending, i think she wil try and balance it out, maybe harry will defeat voldie but then if he dies he wil probly become a marty which could potentially be as 'happily ever after' as him surviving, again not JKRs style - i really dont convey my ideas properly do i...i dont even no if that makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished reading it. Did Dumbledore plead with Snape to kill him, or was it the opposite? Somehow I get the feeling he just wanted to be finished off quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting in the Mugglenet interview, JKR says "the Sorting Hat has never been wrong" and to this day it continues to say Harry deserves to be in Slytherin.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting theories made by Lizo on Newsround.

Lizo's theories

He mentions that he thinks that Harry could be a horcrux as well and also has some other views.
    If Harry was a horcrux, would that mean that he would have to kill himself to kill Voldie, or could he get rid of that part of himself another way.
    Also, nw that the 6th book is read, any views of Dumbledore saying that there is a fate worse than death for Voldie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

Lizo's theories

He mentions that he thinks that Harry could be a horcrux as well and also has some other views.
    If Harry was a horcrux, would that mean that he would have to kill himself to kill Voldie, or could he get rid of that part of himself another way.
    Also, nw that the 6th book is read, any views of Dumbledore saying that there is a fate worse than death for Voldie?
    Apparently, his boggart is his own corpse.

But a fate worse than death, losing his magic.

Also, does anyone have the feeling that Voldie isn't able to do non-verbal spells? If he seriously wanted to kill Harry or Dumbledore wouldn't he use his mind to give himself the advantage againist either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

Lizo's theories

Regulus Alphard Black - Thank you Lizo!

ReputationRep:
    a fate worse than death = dementor's kiss, isnt that mentioned somewhere but i dont think that was what dumbledore was talking about personally, stil it is a fate worse than death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

Lizo's theories

I think he would kill Voldemort then Voldemort would live through him (somehow) and ron or hermoine would have to kill him or he kills himself.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.