Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    think outside the box!

it could be at his funeral and someones looking at his scar

or it could be a closing line about how he saved the world, the boy with a mark from an avada kedavra; a scar

it could be anything!

Maybe Rowling could go with a Spartacus theme. *smirks* Ginny could have Harry's baby and when he's about to die she promises him that she'll raise the baby to avenge Harry's death and kill Voldemort (or some other evil figure that takes over) and she raises it to Harry's lips, then Harry kisses it and dies. Then we get back to Ginny who thinks to herself how her son will grow up to be a true Potter, and we notice the little boy has a scar on his head just like his Dad.
    I really hope she doesn't by the way. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright-eyes)
    Maybe Rowling could go with a Spartacus theme. *smirks* Ginny could have Harry's baby and when he's about to die she promises him that she'll raise the baby to avenge Harry's death and kill Voldemort (or some other evil figure that takes over) and she raises it to Harry's lips, then Harry kisses it and dies. Then we get back to Ginny who thinks to herself how her son will grow up to be a true Potter, and we notice the little boy has a scar on his head just like his Dad.
    :rofl: lol- it would be funni if she did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright-eyes)
    I doubt there'll be any Potter babies.

I also still stick by my assertion that Harry isn't a Horcrux.

ReputationRep:
    finished the book today finally! had a slight delay in getting my hands on it...
    i was a bit shocked wen dumbledore died. i was expecting it as i had accidentally read a spoiler (woops) but it still really upset me. not in a crying way but just i felt so empty inside... iv just been walking around all day feeling kinda depressed!

i really liked it tho, but i agree about 'something' being missing....
    i did enjoy it tho, and the whole background on voldemort.
    definately a set up for book 7 as there wasnt as much 'plot' if u like but lots of information. which is always good.

edit: oh, and i LOVED the ginny and harry thing; wen he kissed her i was like 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!'. very sweet and just worked so well. was disappointed wen it was over. but it was to be expected i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Come on for Voldie a fate worst than death would to be stripped of his powers and have to live his life as a muggle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    YES - now you say it, I'm sure Harry is a horcrux - after all, in book 2 when harry was questioning Dumbledore about how he could speak parseltongue, and dumbledore said that voldemort had 'put a bit of himself in harry' that night he killed harry's parents?

It all fits - In book 7, Harry will track down the other horcruxes, destroy them, not be able to find the last one, will face voldemort, will learn that he himself is the final horcrux, will kill himself, then ron or hermione or ginny or possibly malfoy will finish off voldemort!
    maybe harry will just finish LV off while killing himself in the process, idk, theres got to be like some spell that forms an atom bomb, i mena this is the 21st century

ReputationRep:
    maybe harry will just finish LV off while killing himself in the process, idk, theres got to be like some spell that forms an atom bomb, i mena this is the 21st century
    That's what I actually think. I thought too, that Harry will have to sacrifice himself to finish off Voldermort, and that he himself is the final Horcrux. This would fit perfectly, as it truly would be the end of Potter. Also, if JK doesn't finish him off, you know there will be plenty of obsessive fans begging and harassing her for 'moooore'!! This way, killing him off, she can finally be shot of him.

Apparently, she hates him now...

ReputationRep:
    voldemort had 'put a bit of himself in harry' that night he killed harry's parents?
    Yeah, I agree with the horcrux idea, but I don't think that was a hint. I mean, Big D would have told Harry. I think the quote that you've specified is just referring to the powers Voldermort transferred to Harry there. Also, Scary V was intending to kill that night, so I don't think he did it then...but I do agree that, somewhere along the line, Harry is the final Horcrux.

Either him, or Ron or Hermione...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Ron/Hermione can be, if I remember that Care of Magical Creatures lesson correctly, neither of them has seen death. In order for them to be made into Horcruxes, wouldn't they need to be there when Voldie killed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    What I'm confused about is that at the beginning of the book, it seemed as if Snape was reluctantly making that unbreakable promise which he fulfilled in the end. So, was Snape truly on the wrong side? Or was he just trying to save his own skin?
    Perhaps he just didn't want to face Dumbledore? He couldn't have known Dumbledore would be so weakened so it could have ended up being very dangerous for him, and an Unbreakable Vow would be a major thing to make.

I wonder if Dumbledore didn't really trust him, but knew that Snape would kill him - but also that it was necessary for him to die, to give Harry the impetus to get out there and confront Voldemort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I doubt there'll be any Potter babies.

I also still stick by my assertion that Harry isn't a Horcrux.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    I don't think Ron/Hermione can be, if I remember that Care of Magical Creatures lesson correctly, neither of them has seen death. In order for them to be made into Horcruxes, wouldn't they need to be there when Voldie killed?
    I agree that R and H wont be hocruxes but Harry only started to see the horse things after Cedric dying, despite the fact his parents had been killed. So, maybe he wasn't close enough to the death of his parents to be made a hocrux?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Apparently it was one of the first things she wrote.. the final summing up chapter of there lives. But she said she may to re-write it a bit in order to fit it in. This was from an interview at like midnight on the release of HBP.
    I forgot to set the tape for the interveiw .

You sure though? Because in nearly every interveiw before it she said she can't change it because all of the clues are there now for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Interesting theories made by Lizo on Newsround.

Lizo's theories

He mentions that he thinks that Harry could be a horcrux as well and also has some other views.
    If Harry was a horcrux, would that mean that he would have to kill himself to kill Voldie, or could he get rid of that part of himself another way.
    Also, nw that the 6th book is read, any views of Dumbledore saying that there is a fate worse than death for Voldie?
    Lizo, you so RULE.

Really good theorys there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    finished the book today finally! had a slight delay in getting my hands on it...
    i was a bit shocked wen dumbledore died. i was expecting it as i had accidentally read a spoiler (woops) but it still really upset me. not in a crying way but just i felt so empty inside... iv just been walking around all day feeling kinda depressed!
    Yeh i agree and id also heard rumours that Dumbledore would die, but didnt think Snape was on the other side, right till the end. Although now its obvious whats going to happen in the final book where HP kills Voldemort. What do people think are the chances of her carrying on writing the books and how long till the next one is out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepaim)
    I agree that R and H wont be hocruxes but Harry only started to see the horse things after Cedric dying, despite the fact his parents had been killed. So, maybe he wasn't close enough to the death of his parents to be made a hocrux?
    or he wasn't aware of it.
    he was one year old.

ReputationRep:
    I loved this theory from Lizo:

''But how could Harry become a horcrux? Well, when Voldemort set out to kill Harry Dumbledore believes he was one Horcrux short. What if, when Voldemort's curse rebounded from Harry onto himself this act of 'murdering himself' created the means for another horcrux to be created, and accidentally perhaps a piece of Voldemort's soul was transferred to Harry when the curse failed, along with various other powers such as parseltongue, of course. ''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    I loved this theory from Lizo:

''But how could Harry become a horcrux? Well, when Voldemort set out to kill Harry Dumbledore believes he was one Horcrux short. What if, when Voldemort's curse rebounded from Harry onto himself this act of 'murdering himself' created the means for another horcrux to be created, and accidentally perhaps a piece of Voldemort's soul was transferred to Harry when the curse failed, along with various other powers such as parseltongue, of course. ''
    I thought his theories were very well thought out, although I think I'd be a bit gutted if it did turn out like that, I don't really know why though. I reckon I'm probably going to be a bit disappointed whatever the ending, its been buiding up for so long, I'll just be really gutted its all over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Interesting in the Mugglenet interview, JKR says "the Sorting Hat has never been wrong" and to this day it continues to say Harry deserves to be in Slytherin.

It said he would do well in slytherin. Not that he belonged in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I forgot to set the tape for the interveiw .

You sure though? Because in nearly every interveiw before it she said she can't change it because all of the clues are there now for us.
    Yeah, she said in the mugglenet TLC interview that she might have to change a few things.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.