The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 12800
Moncal
Yeah, she said in the mugglenet TLC interview that she might have to change a few things.

It'll only be little things though. Personally I don't reckon the Lupin/Tonks thing was planned from the start so maybe she'll have to rewrite what happens to them
Reply 12801
Moncal
Yeah, she said in the mugglenet TLC interview that she might have to change a few things.

Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm *goes off to mugglenet*

Anyone else betting that this "Harry is a Horcrux" will replace the "Harry is the last desentant of Godric Gryffindor" theory.
Maybe, but if the seventh book is the last book, it's either gonna end happy or sad. if she wants to end the harry potter saga then she'll kill harry off. and anyway who knows harry might be a horcrux and the last desendant of Gryffindor.
Reply 12803
Dude

Anyone else betting that this "Harry is a Horcrux" will replace the "Harry is the last desentant of Godric Gryffindor" theory.

Unless of course both theories are intertwined. He's the last descendent of Gryffindor and was used as a Horcrux.
Reply 12804
Dude

Lizo seemed to put the two together (Harry being the horcrux relating to Gryffindor and being his last descendant) Like I said though, well thought out theory, but I don't really like the self-sacrifice bit, and if Harry died to destroy his bit of Voldemorts soul, who would destroy Voldemort himself?
How can harry be a horcrux, voldemort tried to kill him, he would hardly use harry as his path to immortality. in saying that it is a good theory and would explain the ending, but if voldemort is the most powerful wizard in the world, then he's not gonna give dumbledore one of his most precious possessions, the other horcruxes were placed under spells, harry isn't! also when voldemort was trying to steal the philosopher's stone and was in the chamber of secrets, why didn't he use harry then to bring him back to life! OR maybe harry as a horcrux has already been used afterall harry's blood gave voldemort life again in the the fourth book!
Reply 12806
Mrs. Political
How can harry be a horcrux, voldemort tried to kill him, he would hardly use harry as his path to immortality. in saying that it is a good theory and would explain the ending, but if voldemort is the most powerful wizard in the world, then he's not gonna give dumbledore one of his most precious possessions, the other horcruxes were placed under spells, harry isn't! also when voldemort was trying to steal the philosopher's stone and was in the chamber of secrets, why didn't he use harry then to bring him back to life! OR maybe harry as a horcrux has already been used afterall harry's blood gave voldemort life again in the the fourth book!

Maybe that just it though. What safer place to place a horcrux then the safest place in Britain, Hogwarts. And under one of the most powerful wizards, Dumbledore.

(I don't agree with the wholek Harry being a horcrux thing, just arguing both sides)
yeah but how many times has harry been in danger, even with dumbledore close! Aragog could have killed harry etc
I dont know whether this has already bit mentioned but.....isnt harrys advanced potions book 50 years old? Therefore if it was snapes and snape had it in his 6th year then wouldnt snape now have to be 66?
He could of bought it second hand i guess but it seems that most books purchased by students are purchased new!
jmzcherry
I dont know whether this has already bit mentioned but.....isnt harrys advanced potions book 50 years old? Therefore if it was snapes and snape had it in his 6th year then wouldnt snape now have to be 66?
He could of bought it second hand i guess but it seems that most books purchased by students are purchased new!

the book belonged to his mum hence its about 50 yrs old
Reply 12810
omg, i loved the new book :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 12811
darth_vader05
the book belonged to his mum hence its about 50 yrs old

o0o you beat me to it :eek:
LPK
o0o you beat me to it :eek:

naturally :wink:
Reply 12813
Xenon
Unless of course both theories are intertwined. He's the last descendent of Gryffindor and was used as a Horcrux.

Now that would be interesting...difficult to encorporate, but very interesting indeed!
I thought the bit in the cave could have been written so much better. There was no tension, and it was kinda like a lame version of Indiana Jones.

Then again, not saying I could do any better.

P.S. I still love my Snape!
I personally can't understand why anyone thinks any character (bar Nagini) is a horcrux. It makes absolutely no sense!

1) Why would harry be a horcrux? Certainly, Voldemort would not implant part of his soul in something he was trying to kill ... would he?!? It can't have been accidental as it requires a deliberate spell.

2) Ginny as a Horcrux? Why ... why?? Why would voldemort want to waste a fragment of his soul in something in danger from his own organisation?

Having a person (intentionally) as a horcrux goes against everything written in the book ... it's not an trophy ... not symbolic ... no magical history ... and surely having something that can think and move for itself is not wise, as it is vulnerable, particularly a uncontrollable person (nagini is controlled and protected, there is a subtle distinction).
zhivago
That's what I actually think. I thought too, that Harry will have to sacrifice himself to finish off Voldermort, and that he himself is the final Horcrux. This would fit perfectly, as it truly would be the end of Potter. Also, if JK doesn't finish him off, you know there will be plenty of obsessive fans begging and harassing her for 'moooore'!! This way, killing him off, she can finally be shot of him.

Apparently, she hates him now...

She has a legally binding contract with Mugglenet to write a book just about dumbledore...they even got her laywer involved.....lol

I reckon the atom bomb theory is interesting after all we had the proof its possible thanks to his godfather, Siruis, who kill a whole street in an attempt to kill that retched Wormtail.

(And that stupid, evil, twisted little runt still sodding dying)

Maybe that could happen again?

Harry picked up his wand and approached him, his left leg causing him to limp. The dead body of Half Blood Prince, his former servant lay on the floor beside him, perfectly peaceful after Voldie killed his traitorous servant.
"You really think you can kill me, Harry" he snarled, "Your parents were weak and so are you."
A woman laughed and for a moment Harry looked away from his target. Over the dead bodies, who look peacefully sleeping rather than death, Harry reconisgined the woman. Tonks, now completely insane from torture was kneeling beside the body of her love, her precious Lupin. His robes were partly ripped from his body and he seemed to have had recieved serveral bites to his torso. As for Tonks, she had been hit with Malfoy's Sectumsempra curse and Harry believe he saw part of the wound healed, probably by Snape himself. However, it wasn't enough to save her.
"This is for my parents!" Harry said sending a nonverbal red spell at Voldie and for so reason Voldie could not counter it, instead he staggered slighty.
"This is for Sirius Black!" He bellowed again sending another spell which Voldie couldn't defend.
"What the?" Voldie muttered and raised his wand at Harry and screamed, "Avada Kadera" but nothing happened.
"This is for my friends" Harry shouted and sent a nonverbal purple spell.
This spell caught Voldie is the middle of his chest and he fell to his knees, clearly in pain.
For a second time, Voldie used his wand and successfully performed Levicorpus on Harry who screamed as his ankle was raised off the foor.
"While your hanging there, Potter. Let me tell you straight that your pitiful love for your friends won't completely stop me. You know you can't properly kill me, your too weak."
Tonks seemed to have had a moment of sanity as the next second Harry's feet touched the foor. He glanced at her, her wand raised, she laughed and then her body gave way and she fell forward on to Lupin. The last of the Order of the Phoenix was dead and now Harry was on his own again.
Raising his wand, Harry suddenly felt like he knew extactly what to do. His parents, godfather and friends seems to be whispering in the wind "Petrificus Kaderia" through the wind.
Although Harry knew it was the same spell Sirius had used so many years ago on Wormtail, Harry believed it was the right spell. Unlike Sirius, there were no muggles to be victims and if Harry was going to die he was going to take Voldie with him.
"This" he muttered, staring directly at Voldie's eyes "is for Dumbledore, the greatest wizard who ever lived"
A yellow spell epruted from his wand and Voldie was blasted into a hudread pieces. The yellow spell expanded, breaking lights, house windows and raced faster and faster towards Harry, who closed his eyes and peacefully looked ready for the spell to hit and just before it did Harry whispered "Kretcher"
Bang
The sky was now a cloudless blue. The small figure which appered, clearly didn't want to be there and as he bowed before the feet of Harry's body he spoke.
"Master called me?" said Kretcher and then other bang was heard, "Dobby will help Harry Potter" Both of them looked and starred at Harry and fell silent, Dobby vanished and a second later returned with a dozen elves who surrounded Harry. As Dobby let a huge tear fall he said to the others "Send him to Hogwarts it is where he belongs"
Kretcher who was unable to speak until now, forced himself to speak only four words, before helping return Harry's battered dead body to Hogwarts with the others, "Where is Master's Scar?

Ok, that was a lame attempt (my earlier one was better). Sorry about my spelling, lack of spell's name etc. As you can tell its early/late and I can't think much.
*tasha*
a fate worse than death = dementor's kiss, isnt that mentioned somewhere but i dont think that was what dumbledore was talking about personally, stil it is a fate worse than death

if voldie won't fully die, the last book would feel as if it has not been finished properly. and how can u forget that the dementoids are on voldie's side.
what i don't understand is how will JK fit all the horcrux things, harry 's skool life, his love life, all the ppl flocking under him to help him kill voldie, others love lives, their weddings, their lives, draco's and pettigrews probs, the other deatheaters, harry's newts, harry's attempt to learn more magic so he can face voldie properly and voldie's stratagies and then the survivors lives after killing voldie in ONE book?
it does seem like a lot.. she seems to think it will be smaller than ootp too.. who knows eh!?

we'll just have to wait TWO WHOLE YEARS (maybe more) to find out :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending