The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nathanial
Yes, but this still leaves the question of how Harry is supposed to kill Voldemort, do you think hes going to learn a lot more powerful magic in the 7th book? I hope that he meets this R.A.B character, learns a lot more powerful magic, destroys all the Horcruxes and then kills Voldemort, but that might not be the case. I mean it would be kind of stupid if Harry went and fought Voldemort right now, because he couldn't even do anything against Snape when he was chasing him, so obviously he's going to have to learn a lot more powerful magic to take on Voldemort... Right?

yah. i think he WILL go bak to hoggywarts to learn magic AND find some horcrux. he has to learn something. when readind abt the snape harry duel thing , i thot the same thing.
I think he'll go back to hogwarts - it wouldn't be the same otherwise!
Reply 12842
GandalfdaGoblin
can't be. got a strong reason. know why? cuz then kreacher won't have obeyed harry if regulus was alive. there is am magical bond bw the houseelf and the family for which it works, i think. he'd have gone to regulus then.

But Regulus is dead. He obviously took the locket before he died (assuming its him)
jakayaki
isn't that Regulus Black (sirius's brother) ....maybe his middle name begins with a A! :biggrin:

It does - I was mentioned in Lizo's theory on the newround site.

Sirus and his brother have middle names from two of their uncles. While Sirus is Johnathan - Regulus is something like Algard.
Anyone noticed how Harry's emotions always seem to come from his stomach?!
"harry felt anger bubbling up in the pit of his stomach"
"it was as though a cold hand had reached inside his stomach and wrenched his intestines" or words to that effect
Etc... I've lost count of the number of times Rowling mentions his stomach! I don't find it very convincing... my feelings seem to come from my head/chest, not my stomach, unless I'm hungry!
it's probaly meant to suggest some sort of nervousness
Reply 12846
eeyore - lol!!!
by the way Regulus' middle name is Alphard (according to Lizo from newsround)
Lizo's just bull-******** though. Regulus and Sirius had an uncle called Alphard, so he might have Alphard as a middle name. Yeah, whatever. It's just as likely to be Alistair.

GandalfdaGoblin
can't be. got a strong reason. know why? cuz then kreacher won't have obeyed harry if regulus was alive. there is am magical bond bw the houseelf and the family for which it works, i think. he'd have gone to regulus then.

It seems R.A.B. expects to be dead by now, which fits with he being Regulus. All this "RAB will help Harry destory the other horcruxes" theorising is silly.
Yes Harry is going to have to mature a lot more and also become a lot more powerful wizard in order to take on Voldie, even him as a mortal, by judging Harrys powers at the end of book 6, he won't even be close enough to take on Voldie... I'm guessing in book 7 that he matures a lot, and learns a lot more powerful magic than just what they teach at Hogwarts, maybe he will discover who this R.A.B Character is and he will help him, because he said it was his quest to make Voldemort Mortal for when he meets his final match, which is Harry.. Only Time will tell these answers
Reply 12849
i so cant wait for the 7th book. I will be sad it is the last 1 though :frown:
my theories-

dumbledore- i cant decide whether he is dead or not. the thing is, i didnt think the avada kedavra spell sent you flying after it hit you- i thought it just killed you instantly without leaving a trace of what caused it (correct me if im wrong). i think dumbledore may have been wearing some sort of protection .

snape- definetley not bad- notice how he is still in effect teaching harry on page 562- ' blocked again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed Potter!' such a huge hint, in that snape is saying harry will need to master occlumency and silent spells to even have a chance of deffeating voldemort. him and dumbledore definetly had an agreement of some sort.

horcruxes- definetly regulas black had stole it. letter was adressed to 'the dark lord' (only death eaters call him this, and there was the briefly mentioned locket that could not be opened at the black house in ootp. also, there is a possibility that harry could be the final horcrux. it has always been emphasised throughout the books that when voldemort tried to kill harry, he put apart of himself into him (similar wands, parseltongue etc). i think harry will hav to kill voldemort and then himself to prevent him ever coming back, if of course he is one.
Reply 12851
Whereas I personally find it very hard to believe that the Slytherin common room is within 50 adjacent feet of the lake. JKR needs to come back down to earth and the subsequent reality. Not to mention read her books and other publications every now and then. The Slytherin common room is still part of the 'castle', which leaves a lot of ground to spare before the lake comes into the picture.

G'day everyone by the way.
Reply 12852
GandalfdaGoblin
what i don't understand is how will JK fit all the horcrux things, harry 's skool life, his love life, all the ppl flocking under him to help him kill voldie, others love lives, their weddings, their lives, draco's and pettigrews probs, the other deatheaters, harry's newts, harry's attempt to learn more magic so he can face voldie properly and voldie's stratagies and then the survivors lives after killing voldie in ONE book?

Bearing in mind that Harry won't be at school as often next year.
Reply 12853
Xenon
Bearing in mind that Harry won't be at school as often next year.

Yer, the first chapter will properly be him leaving for Godrics Hollow.
Reply 12854
Immortal Wombat
Lizo's just bull-******** though. Regulus and Sirius had an uncle called Alphard, so he might have Alphard as a middle name. Yeah, whatever. It's just as likely to be Alistair.

It seems R.A.B. expects to be dead by now, which fits with he being Regulus. All this "RAB will help Harry destory the other horcruxes" theorising is silly.

Why is it though? Now that we have lots of information, its a brilliant theory. Besides, remember that they found a locket in his house that they couldn't open. Since we know that Sirius father put every safety messure known to wizarding kind on the house, what better place to keep it?
Reply 12855
Sire
Whereas I personally find it very hard to believe that the Slytherin common room is within 50 adjacent feet of the lake. JKR needs to come back down to earth and the subsequent reality. Not to mention read her books and other publications every now and then. The Slytherin common room is still part of the 'castle', which leaves a lot of ground to spare before the lake comes into the picture.

G'day everyone by the way.

Not necessarily, it just goes under ground, and I should imagine its quite a long way, I mean, just look how many stairs they have to climb to get to the Gryffindor common room. I don't reckon they can be easy to find to stop people just wandering in. There are bits of the local castle all over the town here, the tunnels led to some crazy places (most of them pubs!! :rolleyes: )

Hi Sire btw!!
Dude
Yer, the first chapter will properly be him leaving for Godrics Hollow.

Or Bill and Fleur's wedding.
hey, ive asked this before i think, but what i still don't understand is why a death eater (i.e.whoever R.A.B is), want to destroy the horcrux, if he is on voldermorts side?
Aha, well. What if Regulus is actually spying for the good side, as Snape was supposed to be?
Reply 12859
Tazzie
hey, ive asked this before i think, but what i still don't understand is why a death eater (i.e.whoever R.A.B is), want to destroy the horcrux, if he is on voldermorts side?

He got in too deep. We already know that Regulus tried to back out (and was killed for it)