Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Why is it though? Now that we have lots of information, its a brilliant theory. Besides, remember that they found a locket in his house that they couldn't open. Since we know that Sirius father put every safety messure known to wizarding kind on the house, what better place to keep it?
    It is silly because if Regulus is RAB, then RAB is dead. And if RAB is dead, he will not be teaching Harry advanced curse-breaking and horcrux-finding techniques.

If RAB is not Regulus, then Rowling will have to introduce a new character. If the new character is dead, then again, no teaching and guidance. If the new character is still alive... I can't imagine Harry will have gone through six years of this without finding some other mention of a Death Eater who deserted, betrayed Voldemort, survived, and went underground for a decade and a half. And even if there was such a person, he must then conveniently come back, just in time to help Harry take out the other horcruxes, even though this hypothetical person is under the mistaken impression that he took out the only horcrux, and even though Voldemort still wants him dead. No. If for no other reason than it would be a travesty against storywriting, that would be a terrible thing to try to work into the plot.

ReputationRep:
    RAB indicates in the letter that he will be dead soon therefore he knows Vmort will find him or he is v.old. Either way it seems unlikely he is still alive. Probly put the locket at Godric's hollow hence the real reason Rowling is making Harry go there...
    Either that or Vmort never found out about the missing horcrux and RAB is still alive just in hiding!

ReputationRep:
    PLease can someone remind me who Regulus is? I can't remember him even being mentioned before!

ReputationRep:
    Sirius Black's younger bro, who was originally a deatheater but was apparently killed on Vmort's orders after trying to back out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feeling good)
    Sirius Black's younger bro, who was originally a deatheater but was apparently killed on Vmort's orders after trying to back out.
    Oh right, ok. Don't remember any of that!

Oh and another thing - what/where is Godric's Hollow? Can't remember that either!

ReputationRep:
    lol, it's where Harry's parents lived when they were murdered by Vmort. According to HBP Harry is gonna go there near the beginning of the next book to visit his parent's graves. Easy things to forget- I just read HP quite thoroughly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Oh right, ok. Don't remember any of that!

Oh and another thing - what/where is Godric's Hollow? Can't remember that either!

Sirius mentioned Regulus when he was talking Harry through the Black Family Tapestry in 12 Grimmauld Place in OOTP, i think the chapter could be called 'The Black Family Tapestry' but anyway thats when we hear about Regulus, who was as feeling good rightly said Sirius' younger bro who apparently his parents doted on.

Its also mentioned that Regulus became a deatheater but got into deep and panicked about what he was asked to do so tried to get out but he couldnt and was killed although Sirius thinks he wasnt important enough to be killed by Voldie himself. And as Sirius said ' you dont just hand in your notice to Voldie, its a life sentence..' or some words to that effect...its been theorised that Regulus is the one who took the locket containign a horcrux from the cave cos the deatheater signed it R.A.B standing for Regulus Alphard (supposedly) Black.

Godrics Hollow is a village where Lily and James lived. Dont know where it is but guess Harry's gonna find out soon enough

hope it answers some questions and sorry if i got the quote or anything else wrong, think its pretty much ok though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)

Ok, that was a lame attempt (my earlier one was better). Sorry about my spelling, lack of spell's name etc. As you can tell its early/late and I can't think much.
    honestly I loved this ending,you're actully very exreamly good..why don't you start writing on a larger field,honestly one day you might become famous
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Can anyone tell me why the slytherin ring (that Dumbledore managed to get) had the Peverell crest on it - it was specifically mentioned (in the penseive scene I think with the old man Gaunt). JKR doesn't drop names in without it meaning something. Anyone come across anything regarding this family before?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for filling me in guys

ReputationRep:
    maybe RAB is read other way round os it's kinda BAR where the last initial points to riddle,maybe it's voldie's kinda brother orn why can't it be a women and by the way why did jkr put cecilia the women tom riddle sinour was in love with...why wasn't it just like (don't look at it darling)..that was one thing we should concider

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    He got in too deep. We already know that Regulus tried to back out (and was killed for it)
    hmm, but he has to be a very brainy wizard to get through evrything Harry and dumbledore had to to get that horcrux.

and he must have an accomplice, as dumbledore said, its hard to get through that drinking stage without someone else being there...unless he knew of an easier way!

ohhh, this horcrux thing, there's definately more to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Or Bill and Fleur's wedding.
    But what if they are attacked during the wedding? Or alternatively, they can start on a high with happy scenes.
    If Sirius thinks he wasnt important enough to be killed by Voldie himself, and say that was the thought of others as well, then Regulas would fit perfectly into the character of RAB trying to prove himself to Voldie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Whereas I personally find it very hard to believe that the Slytherin common room is within 50 adjacent feet of the lake. JKR needs to come back down to earth and the subsequent reality. Not to mention read her books and other publications every now and then. The Slytherin common room is still part of the 'castle', which leaves a lot of ground to spare before the lake comes into the picture.

G'day everyone by the way.
    Hey Sire! Welcome back man! We seem to be welcoming back the good old posters from before now that the new book's come back!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's unlikely they will be attacked in the wedding since it seems to emphasise on of Rowling's recurring themes in love/relationships. I reckon your right in that the book will start off on a high... unless death eaters attack the Dursley's house???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    i have these odd feeling like we know who the fifth boy was but i cant think. Man that must have sucked. He probably commited suicide by year 7
    could it not have been snape, he did seem to follow them around alot in the glimpse we got of them in the pensieve...or has he been ruled out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    honestly I loved this ending,you're actully very exreamly good..why don't you start writing on a larger field,honestly one day you might become famous
    Thank you - that is soo sweet.

Although, I love writing, I love my music more and people like JKR are rare - I doubt my work would actually be published.

Back to Harry Potter, Does anyone know why Hermione spends sooo little time with her parents. Apart for Christmas and a couple of weeks during the summer she is always at the Burrow. She always seems to arrive a couple of days before Harry.

ReputationRep:

Although, I love writing, I love my music more and people like JKR are rare - I doubt my work would actually be published.

Back to Harry Potter, Does anyone know why Hermione spends sooo little time with her parents. Apart for Christmas and a couple of weeks during the summer she is always at the Burrow. She always seems to arrive a couple of days before Harry.
    I agree actully it's kinda weird counting that she is an only child too :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feeling good)
    I think it's unlikely they will be attacked in the wedding since it seems to emphasise on of Rowling's recurring themes in love/relationships. I reckon your right in that the book will start off on a high... unless death eaters attack the Dursley's house???
    We've been predicting that for a bit, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm assuming that Harry will leave pretty soon from the Dursley's house. For some reason, I've sort of gone off the storyline of the house being attacked. Maybe that's just because I don't quite see where it would fit into the book.

ReputationRep:

Well, J K Rowling I don't think wants to focus too much on the parents because they are supposed to be ordinary folks.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.