Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    So WHO was with RAB?
    I believe RAB is Regulus Black. :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Firstly, do you really think that Voldie would make it that easy to get the locket? I seriously doubt it. I reckon that had Dumblydore just emptied the contents like that, the liquid would just refill again.
    Or maybe the liquid would refuse to fall out of the cup? In the same way that you can't touch the potion with your hands, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that site!!

it all makes sense now! ..Snape definately is on the good side but i dnt know about Dumbledore, i think he'd have to be dead after the curse hit him'squarely on the chest' and him being scrawled on the floor ...but then again maybe not

AT LEAST SNAPES GOOD!!

life is beautiful again..

ReputationRep:
    LOL at 'Voldie'..
    Nice nickname for a potential killer

ReputationRep:
    I think jk rowling dslipped up or that shpows that the house elf was watching what was being done with out tom riddle or the woman noticeing,because remember when harry was in snape's memory he was puled with snape when he wanted to follow his father so it's just what a person remembers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)

AT LEAST SNAPES GOOD!!
    Lol. I refuse to believe my Snapey could be so evil! I do believe Dumbledore is dead though as I think that JK put a great emphasis on that fact by doing the whole funeral thing and the portrait on the headmaster's office wall.

ReputationRep:
    I still havent came to terms with the fact that Dumbledore was killed. But I think that if Snape hadnt made the Unbreakable Vow then he wouldnt have went ahead with the murder. My theories for the seventh book are that Harry will go in search for Voldemort and Snape. I dont think that they will return to Hogwarts because at the end of the sixth book, Harry said that he wants to go to Godrics Hollow.. and then go and get his revenge. I think it will be Harry remembering his life up until Dumbledore's death, and then it will be a battle between Harry and Snape who will have teamed up with Voldemort. Anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    the english edition of the book has a sentence missing. The american version however does have the line, whether this sentence went in by accident its caused alot of people to question whether DD is really dead.

Quote:
    "I can help you, Draco."
    "No, you can't," said Malfoy, his wand shaking very badly indeed.
    Nobody can. He told me to do it or he'd kill me. I've got no choice."
    "He cannot kill you if you are already dead. Come over to the right side, Draco, and we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine."" (HBP pg 591/552)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    LOL at 'Voldie'..
    Nice nickname for a potential killer
    JKR likes it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory)
    the english edition of the book has a sentence missing. The american version however does have the line, whether this sentence went in by accident its caused alot of people to question whether DD is really dead.

Quote:
    "I can help you, Draco."
    "No, you can't," said Malfoy, his wand shaking very badly indeed.
    Nobody can. He told me to do it or he'd kill me. I've got no choice."
    "He cannot kill you if you are already dead. Come over to the right side, Draco, and we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine."" (HBP pg 591/552)
    I think that means they'd hide Draco by pretending he'd been killed, so Voldemort and co. wouldn't think to look for him.

ReputationRep:
    I read in an interview with JKR that the pensieve keeps a memory of what actually happens, not how they remember it (objective memory). Hence the shoddy nature of the memory Slughorn gave Dumbledore - he had tried to remember it a different way to cover his guilt but, obviously, it didn't quite work!

(Original post by Sarah7)
    I read in an interview with JKR that the pensieve keeps a memory of what actually happens, not how they remember it (objective memory). Hence the shoddy nature of the memory Slughorn gave Dumbledore - he had tried to remember it a different way to cover his guilt but, obviously, it didn't quite work!
    there was a part missing in the 1rst memory wasn't there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    there was a part missing in the 1rst memory wasn't there?
    2 Parts: 1.) Slughorn telling Tom Riddle he would 'go far' in life,
    2.) Slughorn explaining to Tom about horcruxes.
    People are able to change the way they thought or percieved things thus Slughorn was able to chane his memory. I reckon it is all cloudy in his memory because he is guilty of what he told Ridddle aka Voldie

(Original post by feeling good)
    2 Parts: 1.) Slughorn telling Tom Riddle he would 'go far' in life,
    2.) Slughorn explaining to Tom about horcruxes.
    People are able to change the way they thought or percieved things thus Slughorn was able to chane his memory. I reckon it is all cloudy in his memory because he is guilty of what he told Ridddle aka Voldie
    you're probably right.
    the way he spoke of hocruxes though...built it up quite abit,didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    you're probably right.
    the way he spoke of hocruxes though...built it up quite abit,didn't they?
    Yep definately gonna be a major part of book 7. 'Harry Potter and the Search for the Horcruxes'

*falls of chair*thats what it's gonna be calleD???????

ReputationRep:
    *falls of chair*thats what it's gonna be calleD???????
    :p: lol, nah, I was just making the comment that that's what I think is gonna happen!
    I wonder what the book will be called? Maybe 'HP and the wizard war'?

ReputationRep:
    Ok.. probably missed something vital BUT.. when Dumbledore is dis-armed by Malfoy.. why doesn't he just say 'Accio wand'??? WHY?!!! I'm really confused why he'd leave himself defenceless...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenurservant)
    Ok.. probably missed something vital BUT.. when Dumbledore is dis-armed by Malfoy.. why doesn't he just say 'Accio wand'??? WHY?!!! I'm really confused why he'd leave himself defenceless...
    You need a wand to perform a spell do you not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Alyssa~)
    You need a wand to perform a spell do you not?
    true true. Good point you do for must spell I think.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.