The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Xenon
Just a thought. If you think of it, Ron has been less loyal as a friend to Harry than Hermione through jealousy and stuff. In book 2 and book4, ron sort of went against Harry. However, in he end, he showed his loyalty to Harry when he received Percy's letter. Just wanted to get that down in words.
Also, Percy had better side with his family now, else that guy is mental!

i really dont think percy has a family, if u look at it, he doesnt care about them, he cares about getting ahead. there4 i consider him not part of the weasley family, as he is not like the rest. he doesnt stick to dumbledore, and certainly doesnt stick to harry
Reply 1281
curryADD
i really dont think percy has a family, if u look at it, he doesnt care about them, he cares about getting ahead. there4 i consider him not part of the weasley family, as he is not like the rest. he doesnt stick to dumbledore, and certainly doesnt stick to harry

Yeah, but I reckn that Mrs Weasley would still welcome him back with open arms, though his brothers and sisters won't do so in a hurry. Which makes me think that Percy might try and help HArry or something to gain his family's trust.
CR3
long island..but i'm in manhatten a lot cuz my aunt lives there and we visit her everytwo weeks for the weekend

CR

does any1 else feel left out of the Im a new yorker stuff.... or am i confused? is long island in new york. GOD!!!!!! i told my friend 2 join, at least then we could have hey check it out (COWGIRL)?

im going 2 new york this summer, does that count? can i belong to the I'm a new yorker 2 club..? :biggrin: :tongue: :wink: :smile:
Can i just say that harry potter is the worst peace of fiction i have ever had the misfortune of reading.
Reply 1284
Iluvatar
Can i just say that harry potter is the worst peace of fiction i have ever had the misfortune of reading.

Each to their own opinion! I personally enjoy them, as do many others. Ok, I swear there were some posts here previously. Why have they been deleted?
Maybe this thread has grown too big for the net :smile:
Reply 1286
Iluvatar
Maybe this thread has grown too big for the net :smile:

They were only a few posts, most of which were about America. I don't really have any intention of closing the thread. I want to see it last, and then it will be interesting to see exactly whether or not any of our ideas are close to what is actually in the next few books.
Xenon
They were only a few posts, most of which were about America.

U sure it was the same thread?
Maybe its on another page
Reply 1288
Iluvatar
U sure it was the same thread?
Maybe its on another page

There was a post by you saying that Harry Potter was the worst pice of fiction you've evr read, which was one which I replied to.
It's ok, the original posts are back now!
Xenon
There was a post by you saying that Harry Potter was the worst pice of fiction you've evr read, which was one which I replied to.

Well.... actually, yeah there was some stuff about america. Maybe its on another page.
Reply 1290
Iluvatar
Well.... actually, yeah there was some stuff about america. Maybe its on another page.

Nah, 2 of your posts disappeared on my computer for a few minutes, but no problem; they're back.
Ok, back to the original topic. What do you think will happen to Grawp now? Will he still play an important part? Is he going to be the only giant who might join Hagrid?
Reply 1291
Xenon
What do you think will happen to Grawp now? Will he still play an important part? Is he going to be the only giant who might join Hagrid?
Well last time we see him he's getting shot full of arrows- will he have killed any centaurs?
And are the centaurs going to be a little more helpful? What about the goblins etc?!
Reply 1292
Egan1
Well last time we see him he's getting shot full of arrows- will he have killed any centaurs?
And are the centaurs going to be a little more helpful? What about the goblins etc?!

Aren't the centaurs supposed to be neutral or something, or trying not to get involved in the war. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Voldie attacked or killed some of the centaurs.
So far all we know about the goblins is that they work in banks. Do theyhave any magical powers?
Reply 1293
I was just thinking, today being 9-11 an all. You kno how we're having a remembrance for those who died... i wonder if in the books if they would have a sort of remembrance day for the day voldie fell from power... like some yearly celebration. It may be less important now that he's coming back but i wonder why they never mentioned anything about it before.
Reply 1294
Lokeo13
I was just thinking, today being 9-11 an all. You kno how we're having a remembrance for those who died... i wonder if in the books if they would have a sort of remembrance day for the day voldie fell from power... like some yearly celebration. It may be less important now that he's coming back but i wonder why they never mentioned anything about it before.

welcome to the thread lokeo..nice to see a new face...yea..a little upseting for me today(9-11) its been tough but i got through it..anyway..about voldie ...i guess not but speaking of holidays ...what are some ideas for wizards holidays other than christmas

CR
Lokeo13

they probably dont, thanx to fudge, i think every1 is so n2 4getting, there afraid to remember, which is y fudge is so scared.
Reply 1296
CR3
welcome to the thread lokeo..nice to see a new face...yea..a little upseting for me today(9-11) its been tough but i got through it..anyway..about voldie ...i guess not but speaking of holidays ...what are some ideas for wizards holidays other than christmas

CR

I don't think that they have any other holidays apart from christmas do they? I mean I remember that in the 4th book, the trio receive easter fudge eggs from Mrs Weasly, with Hermione receiving the smallest; but I don't think that that was in an actual holiday, but during school time.
Xenon
I don't think that they have any other holidays apart from christmas do they? I mean I remember that in the 4th book, the trio receive easter fudge eggs from Mrs Weasly, with Hermione receiving the smallest; but I don't think that that was in an actual holiday, but during school time.

i dunno, at my school we have thanksgiving, and christmas, and memorial day, and presidents day, and spring break, and easter break, and of course for obsessively rainy days bad weather days. I feel sorry for harry, not enough holidays.

as 2 the september 11th thing, i was feeling fine, until french where we had to watch a documentary by reporters and the covering on it.......i swear, i had goosebumps, and i was cold.... very weird. as 2 the new yorkers, i cant say i kno wut ur going through, (im not a new yorker) but im sry it happened. THOSe BAD BAD PEOPLE....
just checking
Reply 1299
on 9-11 --> yea, it didn't really hit me waht today was until i got to school, where we had a prayer service. It was weird tho cause after the prayer nobody really said any more about it. I kind of expected more on it.

on the holiday thing --> I just thought of something, a lot of these holidays people are mentioning, well christmas and easter... Those are christian holidays, would wizards have some other form of holiday (i kno someone said their own holidays before) but like theres christmas or haunakah (sp) or kwanzaa (sp again) for different religions. I guess it never said what or if they have a religion...

Latest

Trending

Trending