Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe dumbledore died :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    Harry definitely can't be a horcrux. He and Voldemorte met quite a few times, but except their first meeting, we know about the rest, and voldemorte didnt seem to make harry a horcrux since no new curses were heard then. If people are thinking that Voldy made harry a horcrux when he was one year old, when they first met, that is utter rubbish. Ok, voldy killed someone just then and had his soul ripped, but why on earth will he make harry a horcrux and then try to kill him? Are you people suggesting that he is intentionally trying to destroy a part of his soul? This is such a stupid idea, harry being a horcrux. Also, Dumbladore would have understood if harry was a really a horcrux.
    ok i understand ur reasoning here, like why would LV try to kill his own soul but what if it was the other way around, harry cant kill LV because even if he did, he would just have another horcrux to use inside harry, but that would make it impossible to have harry win UNLESS-my idea is correct: Harry is facing voldemort, he knows that he is the last remaining horcrux, SO, he uses some type of curse in which he dies and then LV dies shortly after, so long as he dies first, LV has no soul left and now the wizarding world is free of the dark lord, PLUS, harry goes on to live with his true family and the people he loves that are now dead. how do u like that ending?

ReputationRep:
    I just re-read OoTP. I do not think Harry is a horcrux, because if you read the convo between DD and Harry at the end - he explicitly mentions Voldie could never possess or TOUCH Harry because of the love Lily left for Harry - which Voldemort simply does not understand or appreciate. In any case, Harry being a horcrux is much too predictable - I'm sure Rowling is capable of better twists to her tale than this.

I also reckon that Fred and George's joke shop and that extra section at the back of it is going to be key to the next book/fighting against the Death Eaters...any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't Voldy planning to use Harry's murder to create/fuel a Horcrux. If so, the whole Harry *as* Horcrux thing makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    wait i have a question, i may have misread or over read something really important here but is it just me or was the winner of the house cup thing not chosen. I know there was celebration int he gryffindor common room but i thought that was for the quidditch cup. someone help, i feel like i skipped pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    wait i have a question, i may have misread or over read something really important here but is it just me or was the winner of the house cup thing not chosen. I know there was celebration int he gryffindor common room but i thought that was for the quidditch cup. someone help, i feel like i skipped pages.
    I think that that all must have been lost in all the stuff after Dumblydore's death. The house cup results are usually announced in the final speach, which would have been cancelled/replaced with Dumbledore's ceremony type thing. So no, I don't think that the results were announced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that that all must have been lost in all the stuff after Dumblydore's death. The house cup results are usually announced in the final speach, which would have been cancelled/replaced with Dumbledore's ceremony type thing. So no, I don't think that the results were announced.
    well, im sure gryffindor won like everyother year

CR

ReputationRep:
    guys (and girls), can someone clear up what happened at the end of book 5 after LV had vanished and then all of a sudden harry got that like rush of pain and that creature was speaking for him. They were speaking about detah and just killing himself the pain wasunbearable. can someone tell me what that was all about and who and what the creature thing was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    guys (and girls), can someone clear up what happened at the end of book 5 after LV had vanished and then all of a sudden harry got that like rush of pain and that creature was speaking for him. They were speaking about detah and just killing himself the pain wasunbearable. can someone tell me what that was all about and who and what the creature thing was.

when harry felt the pain it was voldemort possessing him, thats why voldemort vanished. voldemort was asking dumbledore to kill harry in an attempt to kill himself (voldie), he thought that dumbledore might sacrifice harry in order to kill voldemort.

is that ok?
    any other questions just ask or PM me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    when harry felt the pain it was voldemort possessing him, thats why voldemort vanished. voldemort was asking dumbledore to kill harry in an attempt to kill himself (voldie), he thought that dumbledore might sacrifice harry in order to kill voldemort.

is that ok?
    any other questions just ask or PM me!
    ok, so whyd it stop then?

CR

ReputationRep:
    Harry's heart were filling with emotion. he was joyfull that he would meet with sirius again. The love in his heart caused Voldemorte to release him. It is explicitly written in HBP. CR3 you should reread it.

About your theory about Harry being a Horcrux, your story might be good but it does not fit in here. Voldemorte never had the chance or reason to make harry a horcrux, I explained it beforehand. besides Harry would know if a part of Voldemoote's soul was inside him. There should have been a conflict between good and evil inside Harry's mind. Also Harry was not inclined to dark arts, that would have been impossible if he was a horcrux. We are ignoring another major point here, Voldemorte has been trying to kill Harry for ages.Again, why would he want to destroy a part of his soul?

ReputationRep:
    Harry's heart were filling with emotion. he was joyfull that he would meet with sirius again. The love in his heart caused Voldemorte to release him. It is explicitly written in HBP. CR3 you should reread it.
    it also says that this is the power that harry has so much of but voldemort has none and that is what saved that night in the ministry

ReputationRep:
    13,000 posts people

PARTY

ReputationRep:
    Voldemorte never had the chance or reason to make harry a horcrux, I explained it beforehand. besides Harry would know if a part of Voldemoote's soul was inside him.

Wow - I didn't know you had all the answers! So, tell me, Nuheen, how is a horcrux created (after the essential killing, that is)? If you "explained it beforehand" I guess I missed it.

PR

ReputationRep:
    By the way - good to see you, too, cr3. Xenon's still here along with Dude and some others. greetings, folks!
    pr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PR12)
    Wow - I didn't know you had all the answers! So, tell me, Nuheen, how is a horcrux created (after the essential killing, that is)? If you "explained it beforehand" I guess I missed it.

PR

You need english lessons if you ask me. You have certainly missed that. I said that Voldy didnt had the chance nor the reason to make harry a horcrux. I NEVER claimed that I know how to make a horcux. I have no idea where you have found that. And if you want to know the reasons, just go to the previous page and look at my post 12989.

P.S. I know it is obvious that anyone would love to put a bit of his soul in another person and then try to kill him so that his part of soul is also destroyed. A really ingenious theory. Quite a brain you have got there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    it also says that this is the power that harry has so much of but voldemort has none and that is what saved that night in the ministry
    That power is love, Dumbledore said that explicitly.

ReputationRep:
    You need english lessons if you ask me. You have certainly missed that. I said that Voldy didnt had the chance nor the reason to make harry a horcrux. I NEVER claimed that I know how to make a horcux. I have no idea where you have found that. And if you want to know the reasons, just go to the previous page and look at my post 12989.

P.S. I know it is obvious that anyone would love to put a bit of his soul in another person and then try to kill him so that his part of soul is also destroyed. A really ingenious theory. Quite a brain you have got there.

My point was, Nuheen, that it (creation of a "harry potter horcrux") may not have happened on purpose. Sheez. I really thought that would have been obvious. Further, we don't know if or when V. would have found out about it. Possibly after his last encounter. Perhaps that could account for the "do not kill Harry" order that the Death Eaters were apparently under.

If you're going to post, you ought to use better manners. But, if everyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot, perhaps you should start your own thread - "Nuheen's BRRRILLLLLIIANT Harry Potter Insights!!!"
    PR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PR12)
    My point was, Nuheen, that it (creation of a "harry potter horcrux") may not have happened on purpose. Sheez. I really thought that would have been obvious. Further, we don't know if or when V. would have found out about it. Possibly after his last encounter. Perhaps that could account for the "do not kill Harry" order that the Death Eaters were apparently under.

If you're going to post, you ought to use better manners. But, if everyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot, perhaps you should start your own thread - "Nuheen's BRRRILLLLLIIANT Harry Potter Insights!!!"
    PR
    I think to make something into a Horcrux you have to recite a spell, so it's possible that it didn't happen.

I think Voldemort hasn't made Harry a Horcrux, but it's a possibility. If he is then Harry and Voldemort will probably die in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Voldemorte didn't understand that he had made Harry a horcrux? I thought a spell and a killing had to take place before a horcrux is made and I find it hard to think that Voldy would run around absentmindedly making people horcruxes.THat doesn't make sense. perhaps you are referring that a part of Voldemorte's soul went inside Harry when the avada kedavra bounced back on him. But I still consider it unlikely. Dumbledore might have understood that.

I am sorry for saying anything that offended you, but

Originally Posted by PR12

obviously that was polite.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.