Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    Originally Posted by PR12
    Wow - I didn't know you had all the answers! So, tell me, Nuheen, how is a horcrux created (after the essential killing, that is)? If you "explained it beforehand" I guess I missed it.

obviously that was polite.
    That was gentle sarcasm, designed to illustrate a point. Didn't work, though.

On another note, I think the Death Eaters have a defector. The blonde deatheater whose spells kept missing the good guys at key points but hit the other bad guys. Strike anyone else as strange? Any theories?
    pr

ReputationRep:
    Knew you couldn't get the point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PR12)
    That was gentle sarcasm, designed to illustrate a point. Didn't work, though.

On another note, I think the Death Eaters have a defector. The blonde deatheater whose spells kept missing the good guys at key points but hit the other bad guys. Strike anyone else as strange? Any theories?
    pr
    It's because Harry had given them the lucky potion to drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    It's because Harry had given them the lucky potion to drink.

pr

ReputationRep:
    You need english lessons if you ask me. You have certainly missed that. I said that Voldy didnt had the chance nor the reason to make harry a horcrux. I NEVER claimed that I know how to make a horcux. I have no idea where you have found that. And if you want to know the reasons, just go to the previous page and look at my post 12989.

P.S. I know it is obvious that anyone would love to put a bit of his soul in another person and then try to kill him so that his part of soul is also destroyed. A really ingenious theory. Quite a brain you have got there.
    Just so you know, the reason that everyone is thinking that Harry is a horcrux is that when Voldemort failed to kill Harry, he thought he'd d othe next best thing and make him another horcrux instead. The fact that Dumbledore said in CoS that "Voldemort put a bit of himself in Harry" also supports this theory.

BTW people, you newbies may not relise it, but it is customary here to celebrate whenever we do something signaifinate (such as reaching the next highest post count)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    BTW people, you newbies may not relise it, but it is customary here to celebrate whenever we do something signaifinate (such as reaching the next highest post count)
    WOO-HOOOO!!!!!!
    Thanks, guys, for keeping this thing running!!!

Also, SPECIAL thanks to the Moderator!!!

pr
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dude)

Exactly, roll out the butterbeer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Exactly, roll out the butterbeer!
    Woohoo!
    Cheers guys. I reckon that this has been the most number of different posters on this thread. Sort of like the old era mixed with a whole bunch of the new era. Loving the butterbeer.

ReputationRep:
    Also Harry was not inclined to dark arts, that would have been impossible if he was a horcrux. We are ignoring another major point here, Voldemorte has been trying to kill Harry for ages.Again, why would he want to destroy a part of his soul?
    Ok, i understand your point again but let me make this clear, NO ONE HERE can sit here and tell me that they know anything abotu the creation of a horcrux (except the killing part). What we are making, are simple predicitons and we are releasing our ideas to see what others have to say. Nuheen, i am pleased to hear that you know a lot about this horcrux thing ( or u think u do at least ) However, just because we have a different opinion, does not mean that we are wrong and you are right. We just don't know enough about horcruxes yet to make accusations that p[eople are wrong or right. WHICH IS WHY-there is a possibilty that maybe vodlemort did make harry a horcrux unintentionally.CONSIDERING that would be the smartest thing to do because your most feared enemy, your most fierce rival, could not kill you, yet you could kill them. Smart? YES Wrong?Who knows Well-thought out and orignal? Yes. AMEN.

CR

PS. About the dark arts thing, when you say inclined to dark arts-what do you mean (nuheen)? like skills in dark art spells or the hatred part of the dark arts

PSS-Hey there PR12 nice to see you too. {I kno I'm a little late for the arguement, but im pleased to inform you that i understood your sarcasm}

ReputationRep:
    Duh, that power is love, Dumbledore said that explicitly.
    Yes, i understood that, the whole love thing has been a theme since book 1 genius. What confused me was when voldemort possessed him. I went to re-read that part and i was slimply unsure. so i turned to the usually loving and caring TSR for help. But instead i got "Nuheen' Room: I have Almighty Power" NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD (not in the nicest tone) I CAN CONTINUE TO MAKE SOME NEWJUDGEMENTS AND COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS (which will probably be ripped apart and proven wrong (or so im told) by nuheen).Once, again, i thank you for clearing that subject up and allowing me to fullly understand your topic, i mean THE topic.

CR

(not fun getting told off is it?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    Yes, i understood that, the whole love thing has been a theme since book 1 genius. What confused me was when voldemort possessed him. I went to re-read that part and i was slimply unsure. so i turned to the usually loving and caring TSR for help. But instead i got "Nuheen' Room: I have Almighty Power" NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD (not in the nicest tone) I CAN CONTINUE TO MAKE SOME NEWJUDGEMENTS AND COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS (which will probably be ripped apart and proven wrong (or so im told) by nuheen).Once, again, i thank you for clearing that subject up and allowing me to fullly understand your topic, i mean THE topic.

CR

(not fun getting told off is it?)

Sorry for the aggressive posts. I had a rather bad day yesterday and I guess I lost my temper .Sorry hedwig. About posting so much, well I am on vacation and have the stupid computer in front of me all the time so I keep posting.Sory again. I swear I will keep my head down for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Cr3, about the dart art thing, I meant harry never intends to use dark arts, he hates it. Surely the part of Voldy's soul would love dark arts?

The prophecy says that either of them has to kill the other. If harry was a horcrux then he would never have the chance of killing voldy because he will need to kill himself first.

ReputationRep:
    That power is love, Dumbledore said that explicitly.
    i know!! i stated that in my post before that one!!
    you would see it if you looked.
    i was just adding to my explanation!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    i know!! i stated that in my post before that one!!
    you would see it if you looked.
    i was just adding to my explanation!!
    Musthave overlooked it. Sorry again.

ReputationRep:
    what do people think of potter as a horcrux?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleurina)
    what do people think of potter as a horcrux?
    Ok please dont start this thing again. This topic only brings heated argument. You can check that out in the previous 20 or 30 posts.

ReputationRep:
    sory. just glad someone elso thought it...

ReputationRep:
    thats ok nuheen, we all get carried away sometimes when we r having bad day. would anyone mind clearing up that prophrecy issue again. i kno i asked about it earlier but i was confused even more by thier explanation (not that it was bad, im just a little slow) You know how dumbledore talked to harry about the prophecy situation and like the choices harry made, idk thye justy had a discussion abotu it, and i was lost- which is why i cant even explain it.
    THANKS

CR

ReputationRep:
    Xenon, you would never have guessed how i found that birthday thread that you made for me (very nice of you by the way THANKS). I decided to search google.com....for CR3 The student room. and the first hit was Happy Biorthday CR3. I was intrigued and clicked. I found the great thread dedicated to me and i was very happy. Everyone here is great. Thanks Guys.
    Oh yea and i realized how you knew aboutt he birthday-it was my first post back.

CR

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANY BODY UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS.. it is just after harrys second lesson with dumbledoor and the first time harry saw the ring on a table as he left the office. but the second time he leaves the office it says:

harry got to his feet as he walked across the room,his eyes fell upon the little table on which marvalo gaunt's ring had rested last tim, but the ring was no longer there.
    "yes, harry?" said dumbledoor
    "the rings gone" said harry "but i thaught you might have the mouth-organ or something"
    dumbledoor beemed at him
    "very astute, harry but the mouth organ was only ever a mouth-organ"
    and on that enigmatic note he waved to harry.

it is on page 260 on the british edition.
    i donot understad wat it sayd bout the mouth piece????????

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.