Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totally obsesd)
    DOES ANY BODY UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS.. it is just after harrys second lesson with dumbledoor and the first time harry saw the ring on a table as he left the office. but the second time he leaves the office it says:

harry got to his feet as he walked across the room,his eyes fell upon the little table on which marvalo gaunt's ring had rested last tim, but the ring was no longer there.
    "yes, harry?" said dumbledoor
    "the rings gone" said harry "but i thaught you might have the mouth-organ or something"
    dumbledoor beemed at him
    "very astute, harry but the mouth organ was only ever a mouth-organ"
    and on that enigmatic note he waved to harry.

it is on page 260 on the british edition.
    i donot understad wat it sayd bout the mouth piece????????
    I don't remember reading that, but its probably something that was on dumbledores shelves in previous books. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The mouth-piece is one of the things that Tom Riddle steals when he's at the orphanage from the children (i.e when he's younger a "trophy" of sorts). Read when he's burning the wardrobe - it mentions a mouthpiece. So Harry is asking whether he had the mouth-piece...maybe Rowling's hint that it's a horcrux? Or just a random insert? Or her idea of weird humour? Probably just another example of Dumbledore's weirdness "oddment, tweak" etc ...

ReputationRep:
    Poor Dumbledore!! Why did he have to die!! and at the feet of [hissing] snape. everyone had a hinch that trusting him was a BIG mistake... i need to reread all the boooooooks.
    how many books d ya think therell be? could there be an after hogwarts book?? maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    how many books d ya think therell be? could there be an after hogwarts book?? maybe?

there is only going to be 7, you should know this!!
    there will not be an after hogwarts book as we dont know whether harry is gonna survive and JK Rowling said she never intended on writing any more than 7 books and she hasnt changed that.
    she did say though that she might write an encyclopedia type thing about hogwarts and stuff that was left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reema)
    The mouth-piece is one of the things that Tom Riddle steals when he's at the orphanage from the children (i.e when he's younger a "trophy" of sorts). Read when he's burning the wardrobe - it mentions a mouthpiece. So Harry is asking whether he had the mouth-piece...maybe Rowling's hint that it's a horcrux? Or just a random insert? Or her idea of weird humour? Probably just another example of Dumbledore's weirdness "oddment, tweak" etc ...
    no, dumbledore says that the mouth organ was just a mouth organ. it seems like harry had the same idea of it being a horcrux too, but its not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totally obsesd)
    DOES ANY BODY UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS.. it is just after harrys second lesson with dumbledoor and the first time harry saw the ring on a table as he left the office. but the second time he leaves the office it says:

harry got to his feet as he walked across the room,his eyes fell upon the little table on which marvalo gaunt's ring had rested last tim, but the ring was no longer there.
    "yes, harry?" said dumbledoor
    "the rings gone" said harry "but i thaught you might have the mouth-organ or something"
    dumbledoor beemed at him
    "very astute, harry but the mouth organ was only ever a mouth-organ"
    and on that enigmatic note he waved to harry.

it is on page 260 on the british edition.
    i donot understad wat it sayd bout the mouth piece????????

first off dumbledore had the ring but it had gone so harry thinks he might have aquired some thing else of voldemorts when hes been off out of the school but when harry asks him if he has the mouth organ he says no, which explains that the mouth organ was only a mouth organ nothing special like the ring was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    Poor Dumbledore!! Why did he have to die!! and at the feet of [hissing] snape. everyone had a hinch that trusting him was a BIG mistake... i need to reread all the boooooooks.
    Oh, you think Snape is definitely evil then? I'm still not sure...

Especially if Regulus Black is the "R.A.B." from the fake horcrux... Which he might be.. he did have 2 days before the death eaters got to him. And could Dumbledore really not have had a better reason for trusting Snape? The way he says "Severus, please.." couldn't that also mean "please don't go back on our agreement" meaning he wanted him to kill him?

Sorry if this has already been done to death, I haven't read through this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spin)
    Oh, you think Snape is definitely evil then? I'm still not sure...

Especially if Regulus Black is the "R.A.B." from the fake horcrux... Which he might be.. he did have 2 days before the death eaters got to him. And could Dumbledore really not have had a better reason for trusting Snape? The way he says "Severus, please.." couldn't that also mean "please don't go back on our agreement" meaning he wanted him to kill him?

Sorry if this has already been done to death, I haven't read through this thread!
    Of course we need to discuss it. As I have stated already, in the MugglenetLeakey Cauldren interveiw (which I am very glad JK did as we needed an interveiw for our age group), they did discuss whether Snape was really a traiter to Dumbledore and JK replied "What do you think?".

However, I believe that Dumbledore had to have a solid reason to trust Snape so much. He can't say it so often in the books and be wrong at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    could there be an after hogwarts book?? maybe?
    Jk said in the interview that she might consider writing a book on Dumbledore , but didn't give her word that she absolutely will .

ReputationRep:
    i think that dumbledoor and snape made a unbreakable vow. and remember that argument that hagrid tol harry hermione and ron about the argument snape and dumbledoor had in the forest!! what was that about?

ReputationRep:
    As far as i can remember, Dmbledore and Snape were arguing because Snape said he 'didnt want to do something anymore' but dumbledore reminded him he had to. There was also a mention by Snape of being taken for granted by Dumbledore. All this is off the top of my head, after a stressful day of stressing over results, so please dont take what im remembering as solid evidence. All im saying is what i generally remember and what i think the jist of the argument is about.

ReputationRep:
    I think Snape told Dumbledore about Malfoy's mission because when Dumbledore agreed to forgive Snape and take him under his wing as a teacher at Hogwarts all those years ago, they made an unbreakable vow. In which Snape promised to tell Dumbledore the truth at all times (incl all Voldys goings-on) or something a bit deeper than that.. I mean obv he trusted him until the end, i think in one way or another he physically embedded his trust with snape in some form or the other..i have no idea if this makes sense. I should stop now..but does someone get what im trying to say. I mean cmon a vicious death eater suddenly turns up on Dumbledores doorstep, even though we know hes an occlumens thing and all the rest of it, i just think Dumbledore made him pass some kind of a test like an unbreakable vow or there was something which made him trust Snape again...i really will stop now.

ReputationRep:
    I think Snape told Dumbledore about Malfoy's mission because when Dumbledore agreed to forgive Snape and take him under his wing as a teacher at Hogwarts all those years ago, they made an unbreakable vow. In which Snape promised to tell Dumbledore the truth at all times (incl all Voldys goings-on) or something a bit deeper than that.. I mean obv he trusted him until the end, i think in one way or another he physically embedded his trust with snape in some form or the other..i have no idea if this makes sense. I should stop now..but does someone get what im trying to say. I mean cmon a vicious death eater suddenly turns up on Dumbledores doorstep, even though we know hes an occlumens thing and all the rest of it, i just think Dumbledore made him pass some kind of a test like an unbreakable vow or there was something which made him trust Snape again...i really will stop now.
    I get what you say I really do. I also think that Dumbledore probably made Snape do the same thing as Harry, he made Harry swear that whatever happened to him, no matter what he said, that he had to keep making DD take the potion. I think the same thing applied to Snape. If it came to it that Snape's cover would be compromised when Draco couldn't kill DD that he had to do it. I think that makes sense. Those are my thoughts anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeana)
    I get what you say I really do. I also think that Dumbledore probably made Snape do the same thing as Harry, he made Harry swear that whatever happened to him, no matter what he said, that he had to keep making DD take the potion. I think the same thing applied to Snape. If it came to it that Snape's cover would be compromised when Draco couldn't kill DD that he had to do it. I think that makes sense. Those are my thoughts anyway.
    yay thats wt i was on about..also i think that Harry will get Dumbledore's pensieve, he might also figure out how to work it so he can see which memory he wants and when he wants. Think that would be extremely helpful, just think all Dumbledore's memories and life experience all in one round bowl thingy...

ReputationRep:
    Snape can't be evil, he's double crossing voldemort, it would be typical of the way the other books have worked if he does something to surprise us like save harry's or someones life at some point.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that harry will kill voldermort. However, what will happen to his death eaters? Snape for instance. Will he kill harry or will harry kill them all. htere has already been a fight against death eater and hogwarts pupils/staff so if there was one it would be da jar voui. I believe the 7th book will end with harry being reunited with his parents. I know they are dead but they are wizards. They can kill people so why not bring them back. It all depends on the imagination of JK Rowling. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Harry and voldemort will die at the same time, the death eaters will flee i think

ReputationRep:
    i definately dont think his parents will come back - in wizard heaven maybe! - if dumbledore died then why didnt they bring him back to life - that's ridiculous, wizards that die can only be ghosts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    i definately dont think his parents will come back - in wizard heaven maybe! - if dumbledore died then why didnt they bring him back to life - that's ridiculous, wizards that die can only be ghosts
    If you would care to read the interveiws by JK on websites, you would know that very few wizards choose to stay behind as ghosts. And even then, its only wizards who are "unhappy" when they die. For example, Nearly Headless Nick was unhappy that his death wasn't quick. And Moaning Myrtle was upset cos she was bullied shortly before she died.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the death eaters will be overcome by members of the order or at least those against Voldie. For example lupin against Wormtail, Neville against Bellatrix...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.