Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that the death eaters will be overcome by members of the order or at least those against Voldie. For example lupin against Wormtail, Neville against Bellatrix...
    Lupin against Fenrir Greyback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feeling good)
    Lupin against Fenrir Greyback.
    Oh yeah, that would be better. Maybe Ron against Wormtail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh yeah, that would be better. Maybe Ron against Wormtail...
    I reckon that would be better as Wormtail use to belong to Ron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I reckon that would be better as Wormtail use to belong to Ron.
    this has probably already been said, but who thinks the whole horcrux quest thing is a bit weird? I was looking for a more confrontational battle between harry and voldemort...personally, I think this will give harry significantly better chances of surviving than voldemort.

jk rowling is setting harry up for victory, before book 6 I wasn't sure if harry was going to win :rolleyes:

I think the ginny thing is wrong....why did jk have to do the whole I'm a superhero, I won't risk my girlfriend thing? it's TOTALLY unoriginal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    this has probably already been said, but who thinks the whole horcrux quest thing is a bit weird? I was looking for a more confrontational battle between harry and voldemort...personally, I think this will give harry significantly better chances of surviving than voldemort.

jk rowling is setting harry up for victory, before book 6 I wasn't sure if harry was going to win :rolleyes:

I think the ginny thing is wrong....why did jk have to do the whole I'm a superhero, I won't risk my girlfriend thing? it's TOTALLY unoriginal...
    Because like most heros, he has to face Voldemort alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that the death eaters will be overcome by members of the order or at least those against Voldie. For example lupin against Wormtail, Neville against Bellatrix...
    Definitely and I hope Neville gives Bellatrix what she deserves. Maybe Hermione versus Antonin Dolohov so she can get her own back for him injuring her at the department of mysteries. Oooh and maybe Arthur Weasley against Lucius Malfoy, (should the two mentioned get out from azkaban) so arthur can show him that how much money you have doesn't dictate how good a wizard you are. I'm liking this suggestion

ReputationRep:
    dumbledoor must have known about the snape/malfoy thing because he knew that the defense against the dark arts subject was cursed, so he put snape as the teacher because he knew he was going to go at the end of the year

ReputationRep:
    I don't like snape, but I don't think he is a death eater. For the folowing reasons:
    1) He could of killed harry at any time throughout hogwarts but tells the other d. eaters that he doesn't want to jeopardise his place at hogwarts.
    2) If he did prove to dumbledore that he wasn't evil it was probably an un- breakable vow that if the time came when dumbledor dies he would look after harry at hogwarts.
    3) Did any of you listen/read what dumbledore said to snape at the very end? He didn't say "please don't kill me!" did he? So did snape have to kill him to save harry or something?
    4) Do you think Dumbledore has some special life saving thing like voldermort's horcruxes? E.g. that mirror in book one. Do you think snape's looking after one?
    Not really relevent but who thinks harry becomes an animagus in no. seven?
    Maybe he is a snake to show the conection with voldermort!

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic. I was thinking that supposing that Ron and Hermione because headboy and headgirl, how would they be able to join Harry in the search for the Horcruxes? I think that Harry needs them, but if they were the headpeople, would that be possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Slightly off topic. I was thinking that supposing that Ron and Hermione because headboy and headgirl, how would they be able to join Harry in the search for the Horcruxes? I think that Harry needs them, but if they were the headpeople, would that be possible?
    But there may be no hogwarts, so then they won't become headboy and girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)

It doesn't give Harry a significantly better chance at surviving, it actually makes it a hundred times harder as not only does he have to kill one of the greatest wizards of all time (as previously said/implied!) he also has to find and destroy 4 other horcruxes! All of which will have the same degree of protection as the locket!
    Oh and I still think J.K is triple bluffing us over Snape, that his loyalties, esssentially lie with the dark side. However he will have to make some kind of sacrifices to keep his life as I feel Dumbledore would have made him take part in an unbreakable vow to prove himself!
    Also don't you think that Dumbledore must have left Harry instructions or something to help him fight Voldemort as Harry is certainly not a powerful enough wizard to kill him himself!

ReputationRep:
    I was reading GoF, and after Harry comes back and it tell DD about what happened at the graveyard, when he mentions that Voldy took his blood, he seen triumph (sp?) in DD eyes. Whats that all about?

ReputationRep:
    yeah p604
    allways wondered about that one

ReputationRep:
    JK has always said that was really important. So as we havn't found out about it here, we'll find out about it in the last and final book (which won't be coming out for about two-three years).

ReputationRep:
    hmm spread the word, we need to get all the ideas on this one
    i will mull it over today

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of Hogwarts closing just because Dumbledore's gone? MG can do it

ReputationRep:
    i think they overreacted a bit
    that's the problem with the same person governing for so long - people get attached and forget other people can do the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remindmeagain)
    What's the point of Hogwarts closing just because Dumbledore's gone? MG can do it
    Because with Voldemort at the top of his power drill, he would soon want to concer Hogwarts, and since Dumbledore is no longer there to protect it.............

ReputationRep:
    but why bother if harry snape and dd aren't there anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerbee)
    but why bother if harry snape and dd aren't there anymore
    Because its a whole building full of young wizards that he can control and manipulate. Its where he can start an proper army.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.