Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    am eftyeen

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by maclin
    Is it just me or did Snape in the first movie safe Harry's life when Quirell tried to enchant his broom and yet he is a deatheater and HE KILLED DUMBLEDOR!

Voila the reasonning in JKR's mind:
    Dumbledor was always so keen that Severus was reformed.
    Severus saved Harry's life in book one and tried to prevent Quirell getting the stone.
    But is it not obvious that he is a double-agent!
    He HAD to kill Dumbledor so as not to blow his cover.
    He is now in a position to help Harry and Neville defeat Voldy.
    There is no other explanation at all!
    Didnt snape answer these questions in the first chapter(SP) of THBP. He said he was unaware voldermort was using quirrels body to live so thats why he stopped him, and he never killed harry as he was vital to voldermorts success at coming back to his bodily form?
    I think the seventh book is going to be an intrestin one to as how it ends. Possibly the death of another major character (apart from voldermort or harry obviously) maybe hermione? Also the whole snape situation will be an intresting one, personally im sticking with the explanation that snape had to kill dumbledore to keep his cover, and because of the unbreakable vow. What did it for me is the look of disgust in his eyes as he uttered the incarnation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Didnt snape answer these questions in the first chapter(SP) of THBP. He said he was unaware voldermort was using quirrels body to live so thats why he stopped him, and he never killed harry as he was vital to voldermorts success at coming back to his bodily form?
    I think the seventh book is going to be an intrestin one to as how it ends. Possibly the death of another major character (apart from voldermort or harry obviously) maybe hermione? Also the whole snape situation will be an intresting one, personally im sticking with the explanation that snape had to kill dumbledore to keep his cover, and because of the unbreakable vow. What did it for me is the look of disgust in his eyes as he uttered the incarnation.
    I know I may be clutching at straws but I'm still convinced that he's a good guy. Personally I think that the look of revulsion in his eyes was for what he was about to do to a friend and mentor. Many will disagree with me but I've sort of devised this whole wacky theory why Snape is good, I'm sure it's been heard on here before though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    am eftyeen
    you're older than me :hmpf: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Wow, I forgot that I had said that. I can predict the future!
    Ah, but not if you're wrong and it was all as intended *is sure Snape isn't evil*

>
    (Original post by Aeana)
    I know I may be clutching at straws but I'm still convinced that he's a good guy. Personally I think that the look of revulsion in his eyes was for what he was about to do to a friend and mentor. Many will disagree with me but I've sort of devised this whole wacky theory why Snape is good, I'm sure it's been heard on here before though
    Yep. I think so too. I think it was potentially part of an oath he had with Dumbledore (maybe to protect pupils (Draco in this case) at all costs). Thus he had to kill him, why he didn't curse Harry, and why he was so angry about being called a coward.

Pretty sure I posted that yonks ago but seeing as the thread needs some attention I may as well.

Nice to see lots of people still about, and belated Happy Birthday's to everyone I've missed saying it to!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping like you that Snape is somehow still good, but for now, he betrayed Dumbledore!

ReputationRep:
    Snape is good. Dumbledore is alive. - that'll all be shown in the next book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilcurly3)
    I really don't think Dumbledore is alive...there is strong evidence that he died at the hand of Snape. For one thing his portrait appeared amongst the other deceased heads of Hogwarts in his office...

I really hope Snape is a good guy though, however Xenon is right...he did betray Dumbledore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeana)
    I really don't think Dumbledore is alive...there is strong evidence that he died at the hand of Snape. For one thing his portrait appeared amongst the other deceased heads of Hogwarts in his office...
    And look at the way Fawkes behaved... surely he's a very spiritual creature and would be able to sense if Dumbledore was alive. Whereas he was in deep mourning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilcurly3)
    Why can't you people get over this?

Dumbledore is dead, end of story.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Dumbledore had to either die become incapacitated in some way. The story would never have been able to progress fully with Dumbledore there, it would have just everything to easy for Harry. Although I am quite confident Snape didnt betray him and was following orders and hence is still good.

ReputationRep:
    theres a possibility that Dumbledore's not dead...Fawkes is always there to help dumbledore when he needs it, e.g. the scene in the ministry of magic where fawkes swallowed voldemorts curse, it even helped harry in the dungeon in Book 2 against the basalisk...fawkes even warned Dumbledore that Umbridge is out of bed in book 6 and Mcgonagall wend to head her off...where was fawkes this time???

ReputationRep:
    ah, fawkes's not there to save DD (short for Dumbledore) cos DD told it not to?? I reckon DD knew this would happed so he had to sacrifice himself..or maybe fake his death??

remember, Hagrid told us that he overheard DD and Snape arguing summing, summing that DD told Snape he'd promise to do summing for DD.....maybe DD told Snape the plan he had, which is to kill DD at the end...also, y did DD froze harry in the top tower before the door got blast open? harrys under the invisibility cloak and theres no need to freeze him anyway...DD only wants Harry to witness his death so that he can tell everyone that he died, or Harry will NEVER believe that DD actually died (think about how harry take it when he actually saw Sirius fell through the arch)

Also notice how Snape was feeling when hes about to kill Dumbledore, the words 'hatred' and 'revulsion' were used to describe Snape, which were also used when Harry was feeding DD the drink in the dungeon: "Hating himself, repulsed by what he was doing", so Snape's revulsion is not for DD, but for asking him to do what hes about to do.

so i think DD had planned his death ages ago and Snape is still on our side......also, notice that fire is a symbol of the pheonix, and DD behaved almost like one at his funeral: he just caught fire and disappeared....pherhaps he can rebirth and come back just like Fawkes had done before?? and even better, DD had created a Horcurx himself!! either Snape, whos an expert in the Dark Arts, told him how to, or he learnt it from Slughorn's memory........u had to kill sumone to create a horcrux, but DD had already kill sumone before: in Book 1, harry opened his first ever box of chocolate frog and read the card and it said that DD defeated a Dark Wizard earlier on...DD only kill for the good, not because hes evil so maybe his soul is still intact??

So i reckon DD will come back in the 7th book, maybe not as the dumbledore we all know, but as sumone else who will be mentioned or implied symbolically in a chapter...

wot do u think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    ah, fawkes's not there to save DD (short for Dumbledore) cos DD told it not to?? I reckon DD knew this would happed so he had to sacrifice himself..or maybe fake his death??

remember, Hagrid told us that he overheard DD and Snape arguing summing, summing that DD told Snape he'd promise to do summing for DD.....maybe DD told Snape the plan he had, which is to kill DD at the end...also, y did DD froze harry in the top tower before the door got blast open? harrys under the invisibility cloak and theres no need to freeze him anyway...DD only wants Harry to witness his death so that he can tell everyone that he died, or Harry will NEVER believe that DD actually died (think about how harry take it when he actually saw Sirius fell through the arch)

Also notice how Snape was feeling when hes about to kill Dumbledore, the words 'hatred' and 'revulsion' were used to describe Snape, which were also used when Harry was feeding DD the drink in the dungeon: "Hating himself, repulsed by what he was doing", so Snape's revulsion is not for DD, but for asking him to do what hes about to do.

so i think DD had planned his death ages ago and Snape is still on our side......also, notice that fire is a symbol of the pheonix, and DD behaved almost like one at his funeral: he just caught fire and disappeared....pherhaps he can rebirth and come back just like Fawkes had done before?? and even better, DD had created a Horcurx himself!! either Snape, whos an expert in the Dark Arts, told him how to, or he learnt it from Slughorn's memory........u had to kill sumone to create a horcrux, but DD had already kill sumone before: in Book 1, harry opened his first ever box of chocolate frog and read the card and it said that DD defeated a Dark Wizard earlier on...DD only kill for the good, not because hes evil so maybe his soul is still intact??

So i reckon DD will come back in the 7th book, maybe not as the dumbledore we all know, but as sumone else who will be mentioned or implied symbolically in a chapter...

wot do u think?
    Its the typical argument for Dumbledore being alive,but to me it suggests more why Snape is still good. Dumbledore had to die the story cant progress with him there , I think ultimately the fact that he got a funeral closes the case, Dumbledore was a never man to be afraid of death. Sirius death on the otherhand has a lot of unanswered questions and his death was never made final and the veil still remains a mystery.

And on your point of making it sound as Dumbledore made a horcrux, I dont think he would have ever killed or go as far to split his soul just to stay immortal , he had no fear of death. And it said Dumbledore defeated the dark wizard not killed him , Dumbledores mentioned that theres fates worse then death.

Honestly how do you think the story could go anywhere when someone as powerfull as Dumbledore was always there? Although I must admit I would preffered if he went out with a bang.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik)

Honestly how do you think the story could go anywhere when someone as powerfull as Dumbledore was always there?
    Read my last sentence in the previous post again!!!

"So i reckon DD will come back in the 7th book, maybe not as the dumbledore we all know, but as sumone else who will be mentioned or implied symbolically in a chapter"
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

"So i reckon DD will come back in the 7th book, maybe not as the dumbledore we all know, but as sumone else who will be mentioned or implied symbolically in a chapter"
    Dumbledore told Harry in an earlier book (not sure which) that "No spell can awake the dead". So what makes you so sure that he can come back, even if it isn't truely him?

ReputationRep:

Like Gandolf in Lord of the Rings? We all think he's dead and can't come to terms with it, and then he comes back as the White Wizard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel)
    Like Gandolf in Lord of the Rings? We all think he's dead and can't come to terms with it, and then he comes back as the White Wizard?
    LOL, u can't compare them like this...well, they're both wizards, but again, as i've sed, for the third time
    "maybe not as the dumbledore we all know, but as sumone else who will be mentioned or implied symbolically in a chapter"..the Gandolf (as the white wizard) was still called Gandolf afterwards and we all know its him, unlike wot i sed in my qoute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Dumbledore told Harry in an earlier book (not sure which) that "No spell can awake the dead". So what makes you so sure that he can come back, even if it isn't truely him?
    ah, the question was initially 'is dumbledore still alive?' and i said yes, but this is not the answer to ur Q. yes, DD sed summing like that, but voldemort 'came back' as others called it, didn't he? so what makes you so sure that he can't 'come back'? (if hes dead that is, which i don't think he was initially)

ReputationRep:
    LOL, u can't compare them like this...well, they're both wizards, but again, as i've sed, for the third time
    "maybe not as the dumbledore we all know, but as sumone else who will be mentioned or implied symbolically in a chapter"..the Gandolf (as the white wizard) was still called Gandolf afterwards and we all know its him, unlike wot i sed in my qoute.
    Sorry for asking, I was just trying to understand what you were getting at because you didn't explain it particularly well. :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.