The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
What was the deal with the water and the fountain at the end of the book. Why was Voldemort forced to posses Harry and have great pain?
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Honestly young people these days! -how did you manage to do that you silly billy?
Ah well...get it well soon *sends over get-well brownies*

Hmmm...tis quite late...might head to bed soon...

Unbridge was decidedly nasty-it'll be interesting to view the part she plays in the next book...maybe she'll go over to Voldemort (for power and to avenge herself) but he'll just be using her and will kill her or something...
Umb4idge certainly seems like someone who could go over to Voldie's side. Powerhungry, mean person, who hates Harry. I'm not sure what was special about the water, maybe it was boiling hot. Harry was inches from death after he was possessed. Man, he's gotta learn occulumency, so he doesn't sacrifice himself for the sake of the world.
I forgot about the fact that Fawkes risked his own life to save Dumbledore's.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Redirecting from another thread-

"
(Original post by Unregistered)
I'm reaaaly confused about something that should be obvious. Right as Dumbledore was defeating Voldemort, the water from the fountain covered him and something happened, and then Voldemort was possesing Harry, and after that he apperated with Bellatrix away to some other place. Why was it that Voldemort and Harry were in such pain, and what was happening with that water splashing that Voldemort was doing?
Can I suggest you repost here - http://www.uk-learning.net/t9435-66.html -it's where all the HP fans discuss stuff such as this...

I've just finished rereading book 5 and can't seem to remember the watery bit? As for the pain thing- I don't think it really hurts Voldemort to possess Harry- well it does eventually because of that 'special thing' Harry has inside of him or whatever...but Harry is in pain Voldemort- whose presence has always made his scar hurt excruciatingly- is actually inside him...
Oh right- just went to check out the water thing- I know what you're talking about now! Erm...everything we know it there in the book really- looks like he was trapped in the water ad then apperated or something?

As I say- repost on the other thread...infact- I'll just post this there...

"
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oops- just read the last few posts and see I am a little late...*sigh*...(they've already come here)

Nevermind...

As for Fawkes- can her be killed? I mean he got hit straight on and just regenerated...
CR3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Honestly young people these days! -how did you manage to do that you silly billy?
Ah well...get it well soon *sends over get-well brownies*

Hmmm...tis quite late...might head to bed soon...

Unbridge was decidedly nasty-it'll be interesting to view the part she plays in the next book...maybe she'll go over to Voldemort (for power and to avenge herself) but he'll just be using her and will kill her or something...
yes..the minute i tried those brownies i'm up and running...well not really but i felt good...i must cointinue to go to practice still though so it getsannoying...anyway...about fawkes..your right egan...i don't know if she can be killed she did take that entire curse head on and she just did the usual and livedto tell another tale..

CR

sorry ab0out the error-s again..i'm still adjusting
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[do any of you go on the hpforums.com or the ezboard hp forums?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Fawkes is such an amazing creature, but is it really invincible? I mean if it can take on a death curse, what can kill him? We already know that it does burn and gets reborn (the reason for surviving?), it can carry huge things, it saves people's lives and is very loyal. What can it not do? And phoenix's are so rare, I think.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Fawkes is such an amazing creature, but is it really invincible? I mean if it can take on a death curse, what can kill him? We already know that it does burn and gets reborn (the reason for surviving?), it can carry huge things, it saves people's lives and is very loyal. What can it not do? And phoenix's are so rare, I think.
Yes it is true, Fawks seems invincible... there must be SOME way to kill him? her? it? Maybe u ahve to poison Fawks... well if there is a way , i bet volde knows it *shudder*
Xenon
Rep:
?
When I rad about Fawkes saving Dumbledore's life, I really thought that he might have been killed. I think that Fawkes might get killed when saving either Harry's or Dumbledore's life.
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
When I rad about Fawkes saving Dumbledore's life, I really thought that he might have been killed. I think that Fawkes might get killed when saving either Harry's or Dumbledore's life.
this sounds about the most dull idea ever!
i hope the end is more interesting and clever than that!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by debog)
this sounds about the most dull idea ever!
i hope the end is more interesting and clever than that!
Nah, I didn't mean for the end to be like that. I mean Harry doesn't have to risk death only once in a book! And anyways, maybe Fawkes can save Dumbledore, so that he can survive to help Harry defeat Voldie. But I guess that the storyline of FAwkes saving Harry (and Dumblydore) have already been used, so maybe it would be a bit dull.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Hmmm...but that doesn't really seem to fit- I mean in book 4 Voldemort goes on about 'one fleeing and one betraying' or whatever...-now we assume he's talking about Snape and Karkaroff but we could be wrong and have been mislead...but then all the spaces had been accounted for and Snape's name had not been mentioned...
Ah, but he doesn't mention any names, we're just lead to believe its Snape and Karkaroff, is it possible that the other death eaters don't kow who he's talking about, I mean, it says somewhere that they didn't all know who the other death eaters were, only Voldemort knew who all of them were.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I thought Phoenixes must be invulnerable, coz when they die they are reborn from the flames, circle of life sort of thing. I wish I had a Phoenix!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Ah, but he doesn't mention any names, we're just lead to believe its Snape and Karkaroff, is it possible that the other death eaters don't kow who he's talking about, I mean, it says somewhere that they didn't all know who the other death eaters were, only Voldemort knew who all of them were.
Was I the only one suprised about how few death eaters there were missing from the circle. The way it was wrote made it sound like there were loads in Azakaban but it turned out to be just two or so.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
Was I the only one suprised about how few death eaters there were missing from the circle. The way it was wrote made it sound like there were loads in Azakaban but it turned out to be just two or so.
Yeah, I got that impression, we know there were 10 or something that broke out in book 5 though, and there were loads that I don't think were mentioned. I think maybe JKR only refers to the once that should have stood in the large gap, its something like Voldemorts going round commenting on all the death eaters and gets to a large gap where about 6 death eaters should have been, then goes through them all. I was kinda under the impression that there were loads of death eaters (like 100 or something) but after reading that chapter in book 4 I thought maybe there were only 20 or so.

Sorry this is a bit long and confusing, I know what I mean, its just really hard to explain to the rest of the world!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, I got that impression, we know there were 10 or something that broke out in book 5 though, and there were loads that I don't think were mentioned. I think maybe JKR only refers to the once that should have stood in the large gap, its something like Voldemorts going round commenting on all the death eaters and gets to a large gap where about 6 death eaters should have been, then goes through them all. I was kinda under the impression that there were loads of death eaters (like 100 or something) but after reading that chapter in book 4 I thought maybe there were only 20 or so.

Sorry this is a bit long and confusing, I know what I mean, its just really hard to explain to the rest of the world!
yeah i thought there were tonnes, and i'd always presumed most were in Azkaban, somethign Hagrid once said abotu 'most of them being locked up now', might have actually been in the 1st book (not sure tho)...but now i reckon there were less than 30 (maybe there were more, but they died like sirius?)

lou xxx
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I don't usually post on this thread, but I felt I had to say something...

The death eaters that appeared in Book 4 weren't all of them, I think they were just the inner circle.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Watching from the sidelines ey?

Yes it could have been an inner circle but then would Voldemort not have let them know of his return when he rose- do they have the dark mark thing on their arms? If so they would have been called...
And if you think about it- normally characters that come into the books have already been introduced beforehand so it'd be slightly random if in book 6/7 were suddenly presented with some 100+ army of evil dooers we'd never heard of...
I mean- I think Voldemort had supporters before- but the deatheaters were/are the active ones sort of thing (?)

True, Karkaroff says that in his trial, however it would appear all the deatheaters that have been mentioned in the books (with the exeption of Sirius' brother who Voldemort killed so wouldn't have talked of as a follower if you get me) were part of the circle...
Perhaps before not everyone knew who was who (if indeed Karkaroff was not lying) but maybe it's different this time, and Voldemort is going for different tatics or whatever...
All of the inner circle certainly seem to be well aquainted...
I know we may be making the wrong assumptions as to the two people being Karkaroff and Snape (as I have pointed out) however if it is not them being talked about then why are they not mentioned at all apart from that? ...it's certainly suspicious because with everyone else he's very specific with names...and then there's the point about Snape being chummy with Malfoy...

Anyway...I've mumbled for long enough...and possibly made my points badly...

Blah

Egan
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Anyway...I've mumbled for long enough...and possibly made my points badly...

Blah

Egan
don't be silly..it all made sense..i think

CR
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
don't be silly..it all made sense..i think

CR
we always make sense on this thread with out harry ramblings!

lou xxx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (635)
91.1%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.9%

Watched Threads