The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Grr, just wrote a really long post but it said it was busy and didn't post it, gutted!

The pale teen can't have been James, it was Voldemort going to kill his muggle father (who shares his name) and his family.

I hadn't spotted the 13 at a table thing in book 5, when was it?

I hope it doesn't end with Voldemort just vanishing, I think I'd feel a bit cheated if it did, I want a disicion (sp?) about the prophecy, it'd just feel like the books were going nowhere if it just ended like that.
The 13 thing is at Christmas in book 3 isn't it? when they ahve the meal together and Trewlaney joins them.

I think the books will end properly... id ont thinkJKR will leave many questions unanswered.

lou xxx
Peter The Great
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
So, do you guys remember several pages back we were talking about the whole quiddich cup thing, and how often they're held? Can't remember if this was pointed out, but it says in book four that the cup hasn't been held in England in 30 years. I would assume that it has been held every year, but in a different country each year.

Here's another question for my American peers, is there anyone here hoping that we'll hear something about Wizards on this side of the hemisphere? I mean that sure, we already know that there are at least 3 schools in Europe alone. You would figure that there'd be one in north america (at least) and one in South America. I think that it would be cool if the one's here are in the mountains. Say in the US or canadian rockies, and in the south, maybe in the Andes. We can assume that there are wizards in tropical regions, because in book four, sirius sent harry letters using tropical birds.
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well i just want to point out that harry and voldys wands dont work against each other so in the final battle other forces must be at work!
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Peter The Great)
So, do you guys remember several pages back we were talking about the whole quiddich cup thing, and how often they're held? Can't remember if this was pointed out, but it says in book four that the cup hasn't been held in England in 30 years. I would assume that it has been held every year, but in a different country each year.

Here's another question for my American peers, is there anyone here hoping that we'll hear something about Wizards on this side of the hemisphere? I mean that sure, we already know that there are at least 3 schools in Europe alone. You would figure that there'd be one in north america (at least) and one in South America. I think that it would be cool if the one's here are in the mountains. Say in the US or canadian rockies, and in the south, maybe in the Andes. We can assume that there are wizards in tropical regions, because in book four, sirius sent harry letters using tropical birds.
I don't know if the world cup could be held every year. I mean surely Ron would go on about it to Harry whenever the world cup is on.
Possible ways of defeating Voldie: somehow disarming him (not with magic), and using Voldie's own wand against him. But then we don't know for sure whether Harry will be able to manage the killing curse. If he doesn't or if he uses other means to kill him, it could be by other means, like using Gryffindor's sword or some other piece of magic or something.
I hope that Fawkes has a baby or something, so that Dumblydore can give the baby phoenix to Harry.
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I don't know if the world cup could be held every year. I mean surely Ron would go on about it to Harry whenever the world cup is on.
Possible ways of defeating Voldie: somehow disarming him (not with magic), and using Voldie's own wand against him. But then we don't know for sure whether Harry will be able to manage the killing curse. If he doesn't or if he uses other means to kill him, it could be by other means, like using Gryffindor's sword or some other piece of magic or something.
I hope that Fawkes has a baby or something, so that Dumblydore can give the baby phoenix to Harry.
its all exciting

i reckon firenze has a big part to play baring in mind he was planted in the main story and didnt do much

setting things up for future books i think!
p.singh
Report 15 years ago
Maybee fawkes will be used in someway to help kill voldermort, as both harrys and voldemorts wands have fawkes feathers in them, so maybee fawkes has some power over the wands.
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah the creatures rule
fawkes and firenze 4eva!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by p.singh)
Maybee fawkes will be used in someway to help kill voldermort, as both harrys and voldemorts wands have fawkes feathers in them, so maybee fawkes has some power over the wands.
And we all know who the loyal one out of the 2 is-Harry. Remember Harry got Fawkes in year 2, because he was loyal to Dumblydore. Firenze will definately have some important part to play in future books (I reckon anyways). Whether it is fighting against the deatheaters, fighting against the other centaurs (if they join Voldie), maKING AN IMPORTANT prediction using the stars or something else!
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
And we all know who the loyal one out of the 2 is-Harry. Remember Harry got Fawkes in year 2, because he was loyal to Dumblydore. Firenze will definately have some important part to play in future books (I reckon anyways). Whether it is fighting against the deatheaters, fighting against the other centaurs (if they join Voldie), maKING AN IMPORTANT prediction using the stars or something else!
i dont think the centaurs will join voldy
in fantastic beasts it clearly state that they follow no one but themselves!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think fawkes being used again would be a bit OTT - he's already saved harry twice in books 2 and 5 - though it would be interesting to find more out about him.
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
I think fawkes being used again would be a bit OTT - he's already saved harry twice in books 2 and 5 - though it would be interesting to find more out about him.
yeah but firenze rocks!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by debog)
I guess the centaurs could be described as a bit selfish then, only caring about themselves and their own kind. Fienze is one of a kind in sorts. He showed so in book 1, when he saved Harry's life, whereas the centaurs might not have bothered. Firenze will hopefully be important in te fight against Voldie.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by debog)
Maybe the centaurs would only join a side if they were in immediate danger themselves, do it for selfish reasons, except Firenze, whose gonna be staying on as divination teacher so will definately have some part to play in the later books.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Maybe the centaurs would only join a side if they were in immediate danger themselves, do it for selfish reasons, except Firenze, whose gonna be staying on as divination teacher so will definately have some part to play in the later books.
i reckon firenze is unlike the rest- he's already been exiled, so he may as well go the whole way and support dumblydore. but i think all the othas will be either killed by voldiekins (he'd do thta kinda think i reckon) or will just be moody and mysterious.

lou xxx
p.singh
Report 15 years ago
But are you all sure that firenze will carry on as divination teacher, now that Dumbledore is back dont you think that he will let trelawney back to her job as she still lives at hogwarts, but then that would create a problem for firenze as he cant go back to the forest
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But are you all sure that firenze will carry on as divination teacher, now that Dumbledore is back dont you think that he will let trelawney back to her job as she still lives at hogwarts, but then that would create a problem for firenze as he cant go back to the forest
it said at the end of book 5 that they would have 2 divinatio teachers because firenze can't go back to the forest.

lou xxx
Lokeo13
Report 15 years ago
when did it say there would be 2 divination teachers? i missed that.
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hye guyz i'm back!!..i have been extremely busy lately with reports and labs and projects!(come on teachers..its only the second week of school!!!!)..sorry to bring this back up but about that interview...i actually took the time to read the entire thing and i noticed, she seemed very shakey when discusing snape and saYING THINGS LIKE I DON'T WANNA GIVE ANYTHING AWAY ANd same with dumbledore though not as much...could this also be a clue..though we kno snape will be porbably an important character

CR
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
hye guyz i'm back!!..i have been extremely busy lately with reports and labs and projects!(come on teachers..its only the second week of school!!!!)..sorry to bring this back up but about that interview...i actually took the time to read the entire thing and i noticed, she seemed very shakey when discusing snape and saYING THINGS LIKE I DON'T WANNA GIVE ANYTHING AWAY ANd same with dumbledore though not as much...could this also be a clue..though we kno snape will be porbably an important character

CR
Good to have u back!
I still think the series could end kinda like it started.... with volde's whereabouts/ alive/dead in question....
Lokeo13
Report 15 years ago
That would be HORRIBLE! If she's gonna end the series she really needs to END it. I dislike greatly books or movies that leave you to imagine the real ending or sumthing like that. I dont know what, but something needs to happen so no one will have questions. Either that or she should continue the series... =]
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads