Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokeo13)
    That would be HORRIBLE! If she's gonna end the series she really needs to END it. I dislike greatly books or movies that leave you to imagine the real ending or sumthing like that. I dont know what, but something needs to happen so no one will have questions. Either that or she should continue the series... =]
    I agree with you. J K Rowling has got to tie up all the loose ends, and leave no questions unanswered, else she'll leave a lot of disapointed fans. Especially as she keeps on saying that there won't be any books about life after Hogwarts.
    I think that she will answer most if not all of the questions. In the interview she said that in the future book, she did not want to put things there for people to say "What a cheat. You never gave us clues."

ReputationRep:
    I remember that a while back, we were discussing about why Dumblydore allowed Harry to get into all of these situations, and seemingly helped Harry get into these situations. This might have been mentioned before, but this is J K Rowling's reasoning from the interview:

"I don't want to give too much away, but Dumbledore is a very wise man who firstly knows Harry is going to have to learn a few hard lessons to prepare him for what maybe coming in his life, so he allows Harry to do a lot of things he wouldn't normally allow another pupil to do and he also unwillingly permits Harry to confront a lot of things he'd rather protect him from but as people who have finished Order of the Phoenix will know, Dumbledore has had to step back a little bit from Harry in an effort to teach him some of life's harder lessons."

ReputationRep:
    Kind of a side question, but when or where does everyone find out about interveiws with JKR. I'd love to read some. I'm curious about what she has to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I remember that a while back, we were discussing about why Dumblydore allowed Harry to get into all of these situations, and seemingly helped Harry get into these situations. This might have been mentioned before, but this is J K Rowling's reasoning from the interview:

"I don't want to give too much away, but Dumbledore is a very wise man who firstly knows Harry is going to have to learn a few hard lessons to prepare him for what maybe coming in his life, so he allows Harry to do a lot of things he wouldn't normally allow another pupil to do and he also unwillingly permits Harry to confront a lot of things he'd rather protect him from but as people who have finished Order of the Phoenix will know, Dumbledore has had to step back a little bit from Harry in an effort to teach him some of life's harder lessons."
    exactly my point about the dementors situation...dumbledore was only letting harry get himself through a hard lesson to be learned

CR

ReputationRep:
    Kind of a side question, but when or where does everyone find out about interveiws with JKR. I'd love to read some. I'm curious about what she has to say.
    Remember when J K Rowling did that interview/reading at Royal Albert Hall, well the transcript of the script is located here

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkr-royalalbert.shtml

Thanks to Peter the Great for giving us the site address.

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks! and no, i don't remember her doing that but thats ok. =]

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks! and no, i don't remember her doing that but thats ok. =]
    It was straight after the release of the order of the phoenix. After that interview, I'm not so sure that Draco Malfoy will fight against Voldie at a stage, although it could still happen for personal reasons (maybe if Voldie kills off his father or something).

ReputationRep:
    hey xenon i'm in school right now....good thinking about draco and voldie...maybe luscious(sp) is killed off by voldie for either not completing an order or whatever elseu can think of..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    hey xenon i'm in school right now....good thinking about draco and voldie...maybe luscious(sp) is killed off by voldie for either not completing an order or whatever elseu can think of..

CR
    I don't know bout you, but I don't think that Draco has had sucha big or such an important role in previous books. Maybe he will have an important part to play later on, either working for or against Voldie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I don't know bout you, but I don't think that Draco has had sucha big or such an important role in previous books. Maybe he will have an important part to play later on, either working for or against Voldie.
    yes i agree..as bad and mean as draco is...he hasn't had an important role at all! the most coming last book under umbrigde..and almost ruined harry's life by telling on the DA

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    yes i agree..as bad and mean as draco is...he hasn't had an important role at all! the most coming last book under umbrigde..and almost ruined harry's life by telling on the DA

CR
    I wonder if his dad was as bad or worse than him at school. Was Lucius around at the time of the mauraders? I think that the trio at least should form the mauraders, as it will help them fight back against Draco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I wonder if his dad was as bad or worse than him at school. Was Lucius around at the time of the mauraders? I think that the trio at least should form the mauraders, as it will help them fight back against Draco.
    yes this has been brought up before...it would be great to have harry ron and hermoine form a second maureders group...

CR

ReputationRep:
    u remember the battle at the ministry of magic, i was wondering where was wormtail, i cant remember hearing of him in the order of the phoenix, could he be doing some other important thing for voldermort or was he just 2 scared to fight at the ministry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.singh)
    u remember the battle at the ministry of magic, i was wondering where was wormtail, i cant remember hearing of him in the order of the phoenix, could he be doing some other important thing for voldermort or was he just 2 scared to fight at the ministry
    My guess would be that wormtail doesn't want to expose himself as being alive because then the MoM would be after him and not sirius. Of course, now that sirius is "dead" he still can't show his face, because the ministry thinks that Sirius was the murderer. If he shows up, they'll know it was him. So, he probably will try to stay in hiding (at least out of the eye of the ministry) until he's sure that Voldie has all da powa (sorry, have to do it every now and then)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.singh)
    Well wormtail is a coward, and not that competant really! Getting the prophecy was a very important task and Voldemort wouldn't have wanted him there getting in the way...

Just thought, if Voldemort can put images in Harry's head (-like he did with the sirius illusion) then surely Harry can put illusions in Voldemort's head...if he knew how this could be a huge advantage! I mean- for example he could show Voldemort the scene when he's in Dumbledore's office, and show him the (edited to suit!) prophecy -'if the Dark Lord tries to hurt Harry Potter, he shall be killed' -obviously something a little more fleshy and convincing but you get the idea...could work?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that the trio at least should form the mauraders, as it will help them fight back against Draco.
    I don't think there will be much fighting Draco in six or seven. The sorting hat said in book 5 that the different houses need to come together to survive the danger from school. And draco would be just the guy for the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Just thought, if Voldemort can put images in Harry's head (-like he did with the sirius illusion) then surely Harry can put illusions in Voldemort's head...if he knew how this could be a huge advantage! I mean- for example he could show Voldemort the scene when he's in Dumbledore's office, and show him the (edited to suit!) prophecy -'if the Dark Lord tries to hurt Harry Potter, he shall be killed' -obviously something a little more fleshy and convincing but you get the idea...could work?!
    Well, maybe if Harry masters the act of occulumency. Maybe there's more to occulumency then we are told. All we know is that it prevents Voldie from getting into Harry's head. Not sure about your prophecy though, cos Voldie has already tried to kill HArry, and he isn't dead yet.
    I don't know if Voldie would be able to trust Wormtail with such an important job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I don't think there will be much fighting Draco in six or seven. The sorting hat said in book 5 that the different houses need to come together to survive the danger from school. And draco would be just the guy for the job.
    That's kind of what I thought when I read tat part. I mean we already know that Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff would be abe to work together, but there's always doubts about Slytherin. Maybe Hogwarts will come under attack, and Draco would have to choose b/w Voldie, and protecting the school. Maybe in order to survive, all houses may have to work together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    That's kind of what I thought when I read tat part. I mean we already know that Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff would be abe to work together, but there's always doubts about Slytherin. Maybe Hogwarts will come under attack, and Draco would have to choose b/w Voldie, and protecting the school. Maybe in order to survive, all houses may have to work together.
    Yea that would be nice. After all the sorting hat did say that the houses would have to work together. For some reason i always picture Voldie bursting into the great hall w/ everybody in there. Maybe something like that will happen and everybody at Hogwarts will have to work with one another to prevent the destruction that Voldie is capable of.

sorry i've not been posting. we are getting ready for the hurricane isabel. i may not be able to get on the internet for awhile because it is supposed to hit us even worse. hopefully i will be able to post!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    Yea that would be nice. After all the sorting hat did say that the houses would have to work together. For some reason i always picture Voldie bursting into the great hall w/ everybody in there. Maybe something like that will happen and everybody at Hogwarts will have to work with one another to prevent the destruction that Voldie is capable of.

sorry i've not been posting. we are getting ready for the hurricane isabel. i may not be able to get on the internet for awhile because it is supposed to hit us even worse. hopefully i will be able to post!!!
    Where do you reckon the final battle (if there will be one will be). It could be in somewhere like Hogwarts, or how about somewhere like Godric's Hollow (or somewhere else). After all she mentioned it, and we already know that Gryffindor's first name was Godric. Surely more might be explained about the place later.
    Good luck during the hurricane. HAve you had to evacuate your home? Have anymore of the american users been affected by isabel?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.