The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I too agree that would be a terrible ending..... i bet it will be sumthing that we have not even thought of.

Remember when Mcgonagal siad she would make harry an auror if it's the last thing she did? What if it is? Somehow vodle finds out, doesn't want him to be to powerful and kills his mentor (McGonagal)
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nah, up in Vt we are gunna get like an inch of rain we haven't had a hurrican sonce the 20's ( not that i was there to see it obviously)
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by SiriusFan)
I too agree that would be a terrible ending..... i bet it will be sumthing that we have not even thought of.

Remember when Mcgonagal siad she would make harry an auror if it's the last thing she did? What if it is? Somehow vodle finds out, doesn't want him to be to powerful and kills his mentor (McGonagal)
But Harry will probably kill Voldie before he becomes an auror. To be an auror, course you need high grades, but to defeat Voldie, Harry will need more than just that. I reckon that Harry should learn advanced DADA or something, because against Voldie, this is the main thing he will need. Dumblydore should also teach him other methods of fighting, like maybe swordfighting. I still think that Gryffindor's sword might still make an appearance.
CR3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
good luck to magic101...did he say he lives in north carolina...
because thats where its hitting the hardest...i live in new york(you know allready) nd we are only getting the outside of the hurricane...starting tonight *hears trees fall and tellaphone wires snap* or maybe right now it will start

CR
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
in response to peter the great, I eould love to see an american, however much of the allure for me was because Harry IS English, and not american, for me it would also ruin some of the charm. I mean I think I have an unhealthy fascination with England, it is everything America is not, I think its because we're like Englands sister country (along with Australia) but each of our nations is so different and yet alike, ya know?
lavender
Report 15 years ago
Wow, Ive been gone way toooo long. But im now back, and will try and catch up!!!!
lavender
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
hye guyz i'm back!!..i have been extremely busy lately with reports and labs and projects!(come on teachers..its only the second week of school!!!!)..sorry to bring this back up but about that interview...i actually took the time to read the entire thing and i noticed, she seemed very shakey when discusing snape and saYING THINGS LIKE I DON'T WANNA GIVE ANYTHING AWAY ANd same with dumbledore though not as much...could this also be a clue..though we kno snape will be porbably an important character

CR
What interview are you talking about??? TELL ME!!!!!!
Peter The Great
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
in response to peter the great, I eould love to see an american, however much of the allure for me was because Harry IS English, and not american, for me it would also ruin some of the charm. I mean I think I have an unhealthy fascination with England, it is everything America is not, I think its because we're like Englands sister country (along with Australia) but each of our nations is so different and yet alike, ya know?
Yeah you're right about that. Besides, re-reading book four I realize that she already acknowledged an american school of sorts. When they were at the campsite for the quidditch world cup, there was a group of tents with a banner reading something about a salem witch institute. Oh yeah, on a side note, being someone that grew up in Massachusetts, if any of you are ever in the area, you've got to go to salem. Check out the witch museum. Of course, it has nothing to do with harry potter, but it's kinda cool. Salem itself is a pretty cool city.
lavender
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Peter The Great)
Yeah you're right about that. Besides, re-reading book four I realize that she already acknowledged an american school of sorts. When they were at the campsite for the quidditch world cup, there was a group of tents with a banner reading something about a salem witch institute. Oh yeah, on a side note, being someone that grew up in Massachusetts, if any of you are ever in the area, you've got to go to salem. Check out the witch museum. Of course, it has nothing to do with harry potter, but it's kinda cool. Salem itself is a pretty cool city.

I was there!!!! I love the east coast and would love to live there. I didnt get to go to the museum but went to the grave sites and around town only a few days before Halloween a few years ago, we then went up to Rockport, Very Cool!! I went to a Tarot card reader in Salem, she wasnt really on but she did seem to hit the ballpark a couple of times!!
debog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
just wondering if anyone noticed that on page 196 in book four where harry and ron are making up things that will happen to then harry sort of predicts what happens in the future tasks!

happy reading!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by lavender)
What interview are you talking about??? TELL ME!!!!!!
At the risk of repeating myself, here's the website of the interview:

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkr-royalalbert.shtml

This is the interview which she gave after book 5 as released. She seems to be hinting some stuff, but who knows if they are red herrings or not.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by debog)
just wondering if anyone noticed that on page 196 in book four where harry and ron are making up things that will happen to then harry sort of predicts what happens in the future tasks!

happy reading!
Ok, the thing about getting burnt by a blast-ended skrewt was slighttly right (his hair got singed). Harry wasn't really stabbed in the back by a friend, although Ron was jealous. Harry came out on TOP in a fight against Voldie, totally the opposite of the prediction which was made up. As for getting trampled by a rampaging Hippogroff, not quite!
*Amy*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have no idea about what will happen in the end, but loving HP more than is probably healthy... i do have other theories *grin*
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Amy*)
I have no idea about what will happen in the end, but loving HP more than is probably healthy... i do have other theories *grin*
Hiya, we like theories over here. There's probably 1 in a million chance that any of the theories already mentioned on this thread might be anywhere near what will actually happen. And boy do we have a lot of ideas and theories
Magic101
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
good luck to magic101...did he say he lives in north carolina...
because thats where its hitting the hardest...i live in new york(you know allready) nd we are only getting the outside of the hurricane...starting tonight *hears trees fall and tellaphone wires snap* or maybe right now it will start

CR
I'm back! Not too much damage, some trees fell down (one fell on our porch, errr) and our power kept going out so i couldn't get on to post. Let me tell you something i said earlier that i thought was kinda funny...one of our neighbors have a weeping willow in their yard and i was looking out the window when i noticed it had fallen down so i was like, "oh my gosh! their whomping willow fell down!" and my grandma goes, "you mean their weeping willow" hehehe i guess that's what i get from reading so much Harry Potter.

Oh btw CR3 i am a she is Maryland not a he in North Carolina. but thats ok. easy mistake to make i guess.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magic101)
I'm back! Not too much damage, some trees fell down (one fell on our porch, errr) and our power kept going out so i couldn't get on to post. Let me tell you something i said earlier that i thought was kinda funny...one of our neighbors have a weeping willow in their yard and i was looking out the window when i noticed it had fallen down so i was like, "oh my gosh! their whomping willow fell down!" and my grandma goes, "you mean their weeping willow" hehehe i guess that's what i get from reading so much Harry Potter.

Oh btw CR3 i am a she is Maryland not a he in North Carolina. but thats ok. easy mistake to make i guess.
Haha, yet another confusion about gender. Don't worry, I got mistaken for a he too. Take it you didn't have to evacuate then. I remember in one storm, a tree fell into my cuz' house where I ws staying for a bit (when I was little).
What do you reckon? Will Draco be on Voldie's or Dumblydore's side at the end.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Haha, yet another confusion about gender. Don't worry, I got mistaken for a he too. Take it you didn't have to evacuate then. I remember in one storm, a tree fell into my cuz' house where I ws staying for a bit (when I was little).
What do you reckon? Will Draco be on Voldie's or Dumblydore's side at the end.
Voldemorts, there were loads of Slytherins that turned out to be death eaters, so Voldemort must've recruited them, possibly while they were still at school or just after they'd left, I reckon people of that age would be easier to manipulate to his cause if you get my meaning.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Not sure about your prophecy though, cos Voldie has already tried to kill HArry, and he isn't dead yet.
Yeah I didn't mean they would do that- just an example to get me point across

(Original post by Xenon)
Haha, yet another confusion about gender. Don't worry, I got mistaken for a he too.
Ditto

(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Voldemorts, there were loads of Slytherins that turned out to be death eaters, so Voldemort must've recruited them, possibly while they were still at school or just after they'd left, I reckon people of that age would be easier to manipulate to his cause if you get my meaning.
Hmmm...
The thing about the books is the ages...
Harry saw the teenage Tom Riddle- AKA Lord Voldemort when he was a teenager, and wasn't that supposedly 50 years ago (which makes Voldemort and Hagrid 60+ (seems very wrong to me! Hagrid has no age in my mind! -Well he certainly isn't that old anyway!))...
Anyway- what I was going to say was, he probably didn't recruit most of his followers at school (?) because surely Mr Malfoy/Crabbe/Goyle etc are in their 40s...maybe 50s? We don't actually know how old he was when he got really evil/powerful...

Also I wonder where everyone fits in age wise ...
*Amy*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Amy*)
LOL! Well, i am a strong believer that Severus Snape (i <3 him!) loved Harry's mother. And Ron is my favourite of all time, so i have a thousand one things in my head that i would like to happen to him. Remus Lupin, too, is another favourite, and i have loads of things about his past in my head... ag. Too much fanfiction for me, maybe... :rolleyes:
Lokeo13
Report 15 years ago
yea, i think i read too much fanfiction too. i keep having to sort out waht is really in the books. that's ok tho, the fanfiction are still fun to read. =]
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.49%
No (459)
60.63%
Not really bothered about them (158)
20.87%

Watched Threads