Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokeo13)
    yea, i think i read too much fanfiction too. i keep having to sort out waht is really in the books. that's ok tho, the fanfiction are still fun to read. =]
    It is, it is. I've probably written way too much, aswell... but... meh, it keeps me in good shape for essays and such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    I'm back! Not too much damage, some trees fell down (one fell on our porch, errr) and our power kept going out so i couldn't get on to post. Let me tell you something i said earlier that i thought was kinda funny...one of our neighbors have a weeping willow in their yard and i was looking out the window when i noticed it had fallen down so i was like, "oh my gosh! their whomping willow fell down!" and my grandma goes, "you mean their weeping willow" hehehe i guess that's what i get from reading so much Harry Potter.

Oh btw CR3 i am a she is Maryland not a he in North Carolina. but thats ok. easy mistake to make i guess.
    oh ood thing your ok...sorry about the misunderstanding..its tough with the interent as we all kno..i take all the blame...i was thought of as a talking computer programmed to communicate by another poster (don't ask for details...quite confusing)

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

Hmmm...
    The thing about the books is the ages...
    Harry saw the teenage Tom Riddle- AKA Lord Voldemort when he was a teenager, and wasn't that supposedly 50 years ago (which makes Voldemort and Hagrid 60+ (seems very wrong to me! Hagrid has no age in my mind! -Well he certainly isn't that old anyway!))...
    Anyway- what I was going to say was, he probably didn't recruit most of his followers at school (?) because surely Mr Malfoy/Crabbe/Goyle etc are in their 40s...maybe 50s? We don't actually know how old he was when he got really evil/powerful...

Also I wonder where everyone fits in age wise ...
    if you look about 60 pages back or 50 i don't know..there is a discussion and its explains all the ages....about hagrid tom riddle what ever

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    if you look about 60 pages back or 50 i don't know..there is a discussion and its explains all the ages....about hagrid tom riddle what ever

CR
    I think she thinks in the teenage mind set really well ( that is JK ROWLING does) bcuz I must be like the only totally out oof it person here (by that I mean I am NOT the brightest crayon in the box) but when something happened like 2 weeks ago I'll be like it happened 6 months ago.....blah blah
    :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I love reading fanfic too. It's really interesting to see everyone's ideas. I especially like the stories of Sirius being brought back to life, cos he was a brill character. Does anyone know if giants have different life spans? Or do we just see Hagrid as not that old? Maybe it's cos he has such strength anyways. Is Hagrid a few years younger than Voldie or something?

ReputationRep:
    hi. i <3 harry potter. curryADD put me up 2 this. blame her for this waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I love reading fanfic too. It's really interesting to see everyone's ideas. I especially like the stories of Sirius being brought back to life, cos he was a brill character. Does anyone know if giants have different life spans? Or do we just see Hagrid as not that old? Maybe it's cos he has such strength anyways. Is Hagrid a few years younger than Voldie or something?

I think hagrid is a few years younger than voldie, wasnt he expelled in his 3rd year, and tom riddle was about sixteen so he would have been 6th year I believe. so if in book two the chamber was opened 50 years ago and voldie was 16 at that time it would make him 66 and hagrid 63, wow hagrid looks pretty good for 63

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    I think hagrid is a few years younger than voldie, wasnt he expelled in his 3rd year, and tom riddle was about sixteen so he would have been 6th year I believe. so if in book two the chamber was opened 50 years ago and voldie was 16 at that time it would make him 66 and hagrid 63, wow hagrid looks pretty good for 63
    not neccesarily...because the book is in present time...it in like 1990's

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyMarshmellow)
    hi. i <3 harry potter. curryADD put me up 2 this. blame her for this waste of space.
    I DID NOT PUT YOU UP TO THIS KRISTEN
    so do not blame me, yay (hey I think my mom said ok to going to megans) you can definatly come over)

I also agree that giants prolly have different life spans, I mean lets face it, there bigger more resistant to spells, and prolly more resistant to other stuff to, like sickness and stuff, thus making them live longer!!!!!

:rolleyes: :confused:

Hey guys

I read almost all the rumors...
    But I think that in Book 7 Neville Harry & voldy will be having a trual thingy Neville will be on Harrys side .
    Then Voldy kills Nev, Harry kills Voldy & Nagini tries to kill Harry ,she injects poison (through her fangs of course) But harry gets saved and lives Happily ever after.

And 1 more things you guys must have overlooked.
    Remember in Book 1 Harry let loose a Boa constricter...
    My guess is that , that serpent is Nagini.

Cheers
    Anish

ReputationRep:
    It's sort of unimportant (might not lead to anything) but when Harry is cleared of all charges in book 5 and he goes home and Moody shows him the photograph, he points out a somebody (man) Bones who died- he was Amelia Bones' brother. Susan Bones says later that Amelia Bones is her aunt- so could it have been her father that was killed? If not it would have been another uncle.
    Oh no wait- just went and checked- 'Edgar Bones...they got him and his family too' so it must have been an uncle (avec aunt/cousins etc)
    Does Susan actually say that later on? Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregisterd usr)
    Hey guys

But I think that in Book 7 Neville Harry & voldy will be having a trual thingy Neville will be on Harrys side .
    Then Voldy kills Nev, Harry kills Voldy & Nagini tries to kill Harry ,she injects poison (through her fangs of course) But harry gets saved and lives Happily ever after.

Cheers
    Anish
    Try reposting on the HP thread (or can some mod merge it for us?)

done it for ya! love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Just going to paste this over from another thread someone started- so people can comment...

(Original post by Unregisterd usr)
    Hey guys

Cheers
    Anish

ReputationRep:
    In response to the above post I quoted-

Harry freed the snake didn't he so would it really bite him if it recognised him? Also- the snake he freed was male wasn't it? And Nagini is female (female name and also they milk her so...(and it probably says 'she'))

ReputationRep:
    You know what, the bond b/w the snake and Harry could be similar to the one b/w Wormtail and Harry. I mean Harry did save the snake's life from captivity. So could the snake make an appearance again? and maybe fight Nagini or something?

wel wormtails life was saved by harry so obviously wormtail will save harry sumhow....cos u no wizards loyalty n all tht

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woteva)
    wel wormtails life was saved by harry so obviously wormtail will save harry sumhow....cos u no wizards loyalty n all tht
    I don't know, I would rather think that there is now some magical bond between wormtail and Harry because lets face it, Wormtail doesnt have wut it takes in the loyalty department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    I don't know, I would rather think that there is now some magical bond between wormtail and Harry because lets face it, Wormtail doesnt have wut it takes in the loyalty department.
    yes this has been brought up many times...though its just a wizarding bond...they don't really have a "choice"...about the snake..i like that thought...just a question...do you ever think of it as weird that the house "mascots" are odd animals from our world...i belevie hufflepuff is a badger or soemthing that just doesn' strike me as a wizard school mascot

CR

ReputationRep:
    haha..just wanted to say..i just put my vote in on the poll...i've never voted the entire time i've been here

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ok, the thing about getting burnt by a blast-ended skrewt was slighttly right (his hair got singed). Harry wasn't really stabbed in the back by a friend, although Ron was jealous. Harry came out on TOP in a fight against Voldie, totally the opposite of the prediction which was made up. As for getting trampled by a rampaging Hippogroff, not quite!
    no i mean
    first task includes dragons
    ie in danger of burns

second task they take ron
    a treasured possesion

third task hes stabbed in the back by someone he thort was a friend
    that's moody!

page 196 book 4!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.