Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    haha..just wanted to say..i just put my vote in on the poll...i've never voted the entire time i've been here

CR
    I was wondering how the number of replies to the poll increases, when it seemed that so many people had already posted on the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I was wondering how the number of replies to the poll increases, when it seemed that so many people had already posted on the thread.
    New members reading the first page of the thread and voting in the poll but not contributing maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debog)
    no i mean
    first task includes dragons
    ie in danger of burns

second task they take ron
    a treasured possesion

third task hes stabbed in the back by someone he thort was a friend
    that's moody!

page 196 book 4!
    I guess so, but I'm guessing that that's just a coincidence. Maybe Wormtail might NOT save Harry's life, but instead give important information, or be disloyal to Voldie, somehow aiding Harry when he is fighting Voldie or setting Harry free or soemthing. I mean Dumblydore only said that maybe someday Harry will be glad that he saved Wormtail's life or something because of a certain bond b/w them. The bond is magic at it's deepest, almost impenetrable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    New members reading the first page of the thread and voting in the poll but not contributing maybe?
    I decided to add 2 votes while unregistered to see if you can do so. It worked, so that may be another method.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You know what, the bond b/w the snake and Harry could be similar to the one b/w Wormtail and Harry. I mean Harry did save the snake's life from captivity. So could the snake make an appearance again? and maybe fight Nagini or something?
    Ummm i really really mean no offense but i think we are trying a little to hard on this one. I mean then we might as well have all those animals from the pet store come back! Sorry Sorry bad day sorry if i sound irratible... HAHA i will laugh So hard if u are right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Ummm i really really mean no offense but i think we are trying a little to hard on this one. I mean then we might as well have all those animals from the pet store come back! Sorry Sorry bad day sorry if i sound irratible... HAHA i will laugh So hard if u are right
    groan...........i hate fundraisers, bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad................DAY :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)

I kinda agree tho, I doubt the snake from brazil(or not rather...) has anything more to do wiht the story. I think it was just something to prove Harry was a parsletounge(sp?). Good thought tho! i just think it might be really picky. but, who am i to say its wrong...

ReputationRep:
    anybody think that Fred or Goerge mite die, and the other live? that would be very sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    anybody think that Fred or Goerge mite die, and the other live? that would be very sad
    I wrote a fic about that. Well, t'is not finished yet. But George gets very miserable.

ReputationRep:
    Quote: "The smoky shadow of a tall man with untidy hair fell to the ground...Harry, with his arms shaking madly, looked back into the ghostly face of his father.
    'Your mother's coming..." he said quietly. 'She want to see you...it will be all right...hold on...'
    And she came."

OK- i was wondering, do you think JK meant to make his parents come out of Voldemorts wand in that order? Because it's backwards. Voldemort said he killed Harry's father first, then his mother. So, if the spells were coming out backward, his mother would come out of the wand first. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyMarshmellow)
    Quote: "The smoky shadow of a tall man with untidy hair fell to the ground...Harry, with his arms shaking madly, looked back into the ghostly face of his father.
    'Your mother's coming..." he said quietly. 'She want to see you...it will be all right...hold on...'
    And she came."

OK- i was wondering, do you think JK meant to make his parents come out of Voldemorts wand in that order? Because it's backwards. Voldemort said he killed Harry's father first, then his mother. So, if the spells were coming out backward, his mother would come out of the wand first. :confused:
    That was a mistake apparently...
    Though I believe it has been repaired...
    I was listening to it on tape earlier and I made sure I noted the order and I'm sure it was right...eg his mother came out first...

ReputationRep:
    It has been repaired, yes, because i bought a later version, and it was corrected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That was a mistake apparently...
    Though I believe it has been repaired...
    I was listening to it on tape earlier and I made sure I noted the order and I'm sure it was right...eg his mother came out first...
    hmmmm, but kristen does have a point, was it a mistake, or an elaborate coverup plot dealy?

ReputationRep:
    Has to have been a mistake, cos I'm sure that the voices that HArry heard when near the dementors were true. And they tell the story that Lily was killed after James.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Has to have been a mistake, cos I'm sure that the voices that HArry heard when near the dementors were true. And they tell the story that Lily was killed after James.
    Also because they wouldn't have corrected it in later versions if it wasn't a mistake. (did that make sense?)

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, it makes sense. Probably already been mentioned, but I wonder what happened to both sets of Harry's grandparents. And am getting even more curious about why James got a HB badge when not a prefect. I guess we'll find out when (well maybe if) HArry becomes prefect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Don't worry, it makes sense. Probably already been mentioned, but I wonder what happened to both sets of Harry's grandparents. And am getting even more curious about why James got a HB badge when not a prefect. I guess we'll find out when (well maybe if) HArry becomes prefect.
    im just wondering, my freind told me that in England you can become a prefect in ur sixth yr 2 or something (obviously at boarding school) can some1 confirm that for me? bcuz the closest Ive ever been to a boarding school was my moms threats.

ReputationRep:
    im just wondering, my freind told me that in England you can become a prefect in ur sixth yr 2 or something (obviously at boarding school) can some1 confirm that for me? bcuz the closest Ive ever been to a boarding school was my moms threats.

Could be true, but are there only 2 prefects per house. If so, something has to happen to Ron or Hermione, isn't it? Maybe one gets seriously injured, or gets discredited, or goes over to Voldie's side (hope not), or is falsely accused of something.

ReputationRep:
    I reckn that it'd be awful if one of the twins died, cos during the dark times in the book, the twins liven it up. I reckon that some of the older weasleys might die. Maybe Charlie or Bill (don't think both), and maybe Percy, after finally making ammends with his family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I heard in an interview that u don't need to need to be a prefect to be head boy. Wonder what james did to get into the good graces of dippet?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.