Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

its hard for me because i live in the usa so everyones time is different it about dinner time here and everyone is like sleeping

CR

ReputationRep:
    1. Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonnagal will get together
    No, There must be an age gap of 15 years!
    2. Professor Snape might fall in love
    Mr Stonehearted fall in love, pull it other one!
    3. Draco Malfoy will have a crush on either Hermione or Ginny, even though he pretends he doesn't like them
    No because he's Malfoy. Like to see him in prison like his father!
    4. Voldemort will tell Harry "The only way I die, is if you die!" and Harry will go "Ok, if it saves all these innocent people, then fine! I'll die for them!" And they'll both die
    Possible Harry has a heart.
    5. If Harry does live, he'll move in with Ron and his family at the very end
    Nope. I think Sirus has a hidden will leaving his house to Harry.
    6. Ron will ask Hermione out on a date
    Ron doesn't yet apper to like girls in that way - Possible Gay?
    7. If Harry finally kills Voldemort, his scar will disappear
    Ok possible.
    8. Dumbledore will die
    Yeah, of old age! He was a teacher at Hogwarts when Voldemort was at school 50 years ago!
    9. Ron and Hermione will kiss at the end
    Read answer to 6!
    10. The last word of the book is 'Scar'
    Unless its, "The only thing Harry had to remind him of Voldemort was his scar" I don't see this being possible.
    11. Professor Snape may tell Harry that he really doesn't hate him
    Well anyone could think that but its too simple for JK.
    12. Professor Snape will become the new Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher
    Nope, tradishtion. One DADA teacher per year/book.

maybe, and remember this is just speculation, after voldemort is destroyed (if ever) all the people's lives he's taken will be returned to them

this post has been merged -ollie

since their wand feathers are twins, and they cannot duel each other, harry will kill voldemort the muggle way, a good 'ol cap in the ass

Originally posted by a_musical_gal
    8th book? What?

Sorry but no 8th book because

1) J.K Rowling wants Harry out of her life
    2) There are only 7 years at Hogwarts
    3) I said so
    4) I couldn't stand the wait - jesus when is the 6th book coming out.
    5) If there is an 8th book, Harry will be all grown up and hopefully having sex (though his lover may go to the press saying if he is any good or not) and it is suppose to be a children's book!

J.K.R. said it herself that she may make an 8th book even if there are only 7 years at Hogwarts.

I think harry will not die at the en of book 7 . But if J.KRowlling does put harry to die I don't think other kids who are smaller will not like that idea. But I hope she doesn' make harry die at the end caues if she does i will be very upset. But who knows if she'll make die or not. BUT PLEASE DON'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    Guys -
    Maybe a new thread needs to be started? something simple like "Harry Potter predictions (read Book 5 first)" or something like that. If anyone does start a new thread, please post the name of it here on this thread!

Thanks!

PR
    I made one ages ago when I finished reading book 5...it was -
    'as requested- A thread to discuss the outcome of the new HP' it was for discussing what we thought of the plot of 5 and then for supposedly for what the events will lead to and predictions for the next books...etc etc You could re-use that or just start a new one specifically for your purpose although I have a feeling there may be one or two in existance...

J.K.R. said it herself that she may make an 8th book even if there are only 7 years at Hogwarts.
    I was under the impression she had said there would be no further HP publifications after 7...that's where the story ends!

ReputationRep:
    since their wand feathers are twins, and they cannot duel each other, harry will kill voldemort the muggle way, a good 'ol cap in the ass
    Any wand would work for him. Ron had Charlie's old wand until it snapped and Neville had his father's until that snapped in the last book.

So about this.

Chatper ?
    The Wands Of His Family.

Harry had gotten all his new robes, books and even a new cauldron. Snape, who was excourting Harry around Diagon Alley, had shown him a very nice cauldron which he said would make his NEWT in Potions a bit easily.

Snape was currently in the Potion Supplies shop buying personal ingrediants and told Harry to buy whatever he needed and return in 20 minutes.

He considered seeing that the Dursley's were be serious nice to him after Moody's threat, getting a gold very expensive wizard chess set so Ron and him could play back at Hogwarts or at the Order. Then he thought about his cousin and if he found it, his new chess set would be broken.

Suddenly, Harry realised he'd walked past The Quittditch Supplies Shop which he had planned to spent some of the birthday money, Lupin and the rest of the Order had sent on a new broomstick service kit. His supplies from the kit Hermione had brought two years old were almost gone.

He stood, however, outside the wand shop and looking down at his wand, fingerprints shining brightly, he walked in.

"Harry Potter?" said the voice.
    "Yes. I'm was wondering. How well do wands which aren't meant for them work?"
    "Quite well. Why?"
    "Well, my wand won't attack Voldemort because his wand is the brother of mine -"
    "Oh, I see. No problem Harry. What kind would you like?"
    "One like my father's or my mother. Which ever is possible?"
    "Well, at you age, when a wizard asks for a new wand, I ask what do you to be? but I think I have what you'd like."
    He disappered and return 5 minutes later with two grubby boxes.
    "These wand, Mr Potter, were your parents own wands given to me by Dumbledore. They were to be return to you when you came of age. But I think now is a good time. Here free of charge of course."
    He handed the wand boxes to Harry who was in a state of shock and he mumbered a Thank you and left.

comes up a little short for a chapter but i get the point...r u sure that harry cannot kill voldemort with that wand..i never new that...also..i thought harry had been using a wand exactly like his father usta have..but that was the first book so i may be wrong

CR

also...what about that new thread...post any URL or address on her so i can get to it

ReputationRep:
    Its only part of a chapter.

Harry has been using the wand which is the twin of Voldemort since book one and as a result can't use it againist Voldemort.

oooo

ReputationRep:
    oooo?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's important to remember that HP is, overall. a children's book, and therefore, I don't think that JKR would dare to
    1. kill harry, (and possibly not ron or hermione either)
    2.let the baddy win
    3. also I think that people are looking in too deep into the "marked as equal" thing. I mean, since it is a children's book, i suspect that the mark has to be something physical, like the lightening scar, so that children will be able to understand it easily.

ReputationRep:
    what do u guys make of luna? it seems to me she's about to take a more important role in the next few books. do u think as a shocker she'll pair off with ron/ harry or worse... someone like neville!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea

ReputationRep:

hope this works... just wanted 2 share this smiley with other hp fan!

ReputationRep:
    lol!

It took a while to load but it is cute!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Harry will die, in my opinion, Harry will become the next Headmaster at Hogwarts, after Dumbledore dies.

ReputationRep:
    If Harry doesn't die and Dumbledore does. McGonnagal (if survires will be Headmistress, she is deputy and has been Acting Head before so its clear she will be head.

Harry may become the first DADA teacher ever to last more than a year. After all that has happened to him, they say a can become a teacher and as he doesn't have the grades to be a auour (bad spelling) he accepts!

maybe i'm misreading but u do know that nevilles parents were tortured to death by lestrange..they are allready dead
    um, sorry to tell you, but you are misreading, did you not read the fifth book? Neville's parents are at mungos (i dont care if i spelled it wrong) They are insane not dead. How can a dead person continue to give their son wrappers. Neville and his grandma go to visit them all of the time, they were there when harry and his friends went to go visit ron's dad. Pay attention

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.