The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey!
Well if luna and harry got together it would odd, but she is odd...maybe something will happen in the 6 book that will make us think that luna is not so odd after all.
Hermione and Ron- almost positive it will happen!
Reply 1601
I don't want it to happen *sobs*
Reply 1602
I think that a Luna-Ron couple would be a lot better than a Luna-Harry one, though I'd prefer if neither happened. Luna is odd, but I don't see Harry being more than just friends with her. The pairing just wouldn't seem right. As for Ron and Hermione, it would be an absolute turnaround if that didn't happen. I mean Ron really fancies Hermione, me thinks, and those 2 spend more time in the holiday. And they always argue. They should get 2gether.
I´ve read a few mails that were written a month ago! it was about snapes and harry's relationship.
To be honest I think that snape sees in harry james potter, that's why he hates him. once he founds out that harry is not like is father, snape will probably help him fithigin voldemort.
Probably in the next 6 and 7 books we all are going to find out the snapes mistery ( sorry, again, if I writte bad, hope you all understand).
I think snape is not that bad afther all, I mean, remenber in the 5 book where harry sees snapes mind, and sees a little boy crying(snape)...he has had a hard life.
Reply 1604
I'm not sure Luna is going to be such a big part of the next books- Its almost like she served her purpose- and characters do come and go rather rapidly- I'm sure she'll pop up again, but nowhere near as much as this one- Besides, JK likes to recycle old characters (I LOVED that she brought back Lockhart- so funny!)- I wonder who she could bring back next?
what about that veil????
I mean sirius is dead, but there is somthing about that veil...
Reply 1606
kikas
what about that veil????
I mean sirius is dead, but there is somthing about that veil...

I eckon that that's a mystery that J K Rowling will HAVE to explain the the next 2 books. She can't leave us just hanging like that.
Reply 1607
Xenon
I eckon that that's a mystery that J K Rowling will HAVE to explain the the next 2 books. She can't leave us just hanging like that.

Isn't there a saying "through the veil" and "crossing the threshhold" for dying? The whole department of myseteries seemed to be full of sayings- like "time in a bottle" and "wrap your mind around it" but the veil/death room was a THEATRE shape- so people watch something there- maybe the veil is a pathway to the afterlife- the place where Sirius "moved on to" as Nearly Headless Nick said- maybe you get to see everyone again after you die- maybe at the end of the last book Harry will step through the veil.....ooh!

Snape/Harry- I wrote a bit on that before but no one commented so I dropped it- I am so sure (as sure as we can be) that Snape was the one who told Dumbledore that Voldie was after the Potters- see the previous post for evidence- but JK said not to trust him... hmm- maybe he told Dumbledore to show loyalty to him, but was happy when they died so he could be dumbledore's favorite? but since harry didn't..... hmm- I guess that would stretch back to that theory someone was tossing about that said James was the DADA teacher? maybe thats why snape wants that job?
Reply 1608
But then again, J K Rowling could be chucking us some red herrings. I mean it's like she's hintin that Harry might die, but who knows? I hope that Snape gets over his grudge, and realises that Harry is well... Harry, and not his father. I would actually like Snape to at least help out Harry openly in the end or something, but it might not happen;
i kno i seem shallow, but its a good thing (kikas) has come to a site where shell speak somethin besides textbook english.....

oh yes, there is no romantic significance between luna and harry!!!!
im thinking that jk rowling doesnt want harry to have a girl, it would tarnish his sorowful heroism, dont u think?
Reply 1610
curryADD
i kno i seem shallow, but its a good thing (kikas) has come to a site where shell speak somethin besides textbook english.....

oh yes, there is no romantic significance between luna and harry!!!!
im thinking that jk rowling doesnt want harry to have a girl, it would tarnish his sorowful heroism, dont u think?

I think that kikas is doing ok with the writing. I guess that one of the many good things about the forum is tat u don't have to speak perfect english.
Harry needs some love in his life. J K Rowling can't leave him with so much sorrow, esp if something happens to one of the weasleys or his close friends. The weasleys are the only proper family Harry's ever had. Do you reckon any of Harry's other friends in his year could die; I mean people like Seamus etc.
Reply 1611
Petrozzi
Hi, may I point you in a courteous fashion towards the Harry Potter thread. Some of us detest the little swine.

And some of us love the series and are getting very tired of seeing all this harry "bashing" on a site for harry fans :wink:

I really don't think hermy and ron will get together, WAY too predictable.
Good to have some1 from another country, so thats what at least three right?

I hope sirius is still alive.... I think one or both weasly parents will die, because molly was wondering what will happen if she and auther die, and aurther nearly did die.

Going WAY back, the reason luna was reading the quibbler upside down was because there was some rune spell that turned your eneimes ears in too turnups or something, and the only way to read the spell was upside down.
Reply 1612
but then later in the book she was reading it upside down again... i mean she could have been reading it twice b/cuz she forgot it but she just seems weerd not stupid...

maybe she'll turn harry's ears into turnips

and harry&luna? i think maybe lunas got a curse on her and harry breaks it&then they get 2gethr. and ron&hermione? well i guess its a pretty predictable series so i think they will. &did u see in the last book? ron didnt do nething, just agree with harry and fight w/hermy.

ron&luna lol?
So hey, I'm still here. I've been keeping up on the reading but haven't had too much to say. I try to stay away from speculating on the "who likes who" thing. But check this out. I think that Luna was mentioned briefly in book 4. Not by name but by description. About half way through the book (don't have it in front of me) during the chapter titled "the unexpected task" right after MacGonnagal told Harry that he was required to have a date for the yule ball, several girls asked him to go with them, but he had his sights set on Cho. Anyhow, the first girl to ask him was a curly haired third year from hufflepuff (luna?) and he flat out rejected her without consideration. She wasn't happy but wasn't mentioned again. Doesn't that fit Luna's description?

Another thought I've been having for either the 6th or 7th book was that maybe harry will spend part of summer or christmas vacation with Hermione's family? It would be interesting for him to experience what "normal" muggles are like. Who know's maybe they'll get attacked at that point or something. Just a thought.
Reply 1614
I don't think that Harry would like to put Hermione's family in danger though. I would love to see him at their house, but also when J K Rowling was asked if we'd see more of Hermione's parents or something like that, didn't she say that they're dentists or something like that, and not that interesting. Maybe they'll be brought to Grimmauld Palace for their safety.
It could be Luna mentioned in book 4. J K Rowling often does put a character which will be used in the next books in previous books. It didn't seem as if Harry fancied Luna at all in book 4. I doubt that that would have changed. I reckon Harry sees Luna as a friend, though not as close a friend as Ron and Hermione.
Reply 1615
ok then, I have totally lost the plot of this discussion, I can not takew in over 1500 post (80 pgs) very easily. Anyone wat to do a quick resume???
Reply 1616
Cathie
ok then, I have totally lost the plot of this discussion, I can not takew in over 1500 post (80 pgs) very easily. Anyone wat to do a quick resume???

Just now, there's some discussion on Harry and Ron's love life. Started off with will Harry die. Then some people suggested that Neville could be the one the prophecy talks about. Some people thought that, and some people didn't (me inc. in the latter). Oh yeah, many of us think that some of the Weasleys might die. Also some talk on the fact that the movie wasn't that good, and many people thought that the casting for Sirius esp. was rubbish. Harry and Voldie cannot duel with the2 wands, so there's discussion as to how Harry could beat Voldie then. That's some of the many topics discussed. .
Xenon
Just now, there's some discussion on Harry and Ron's love life. Started off with will Harry die. Then some people suggested that Neville could be the one the prophecy talks about. Some people thought that, and some people didn't (me inc. in the latter). Oh yeah, many of us think that some of the Weasleys might die. Also some talk on the fact that the movie wasn't that good, and many people thought that the casting for Sirius esp. was rubbish. Harry and Voldie cannot duel with the2 wands, so there's discussion as to how Harry could beat Voldie then. That's some of the many topics discussed. .

Yeah, that about sums it up, also the folks that pop in here and there to share their dislike of the books and tell us we're all doomed to burn in hell. But yeah, that's it. Welcome!
Sorry, that last post was me! :smile:
Reply 1619
Peter The Great
So hey, I'm still here. I've been keeping up on the reading but haven't had too much to say. I try to stay away from speculating on the "who likes who" thing. But check this out. I think that Luna was mentioned briefly in book 4. Not by name but by description. About half way through the book (don't have it in front of me) during the chapter titled "the unexpected task" right after MacGonnagal told Harry that he was required to have a date for the yule ball, several girls asked him to go with them, but he had his sights set on Cho. Anyhow, the first girl to ask him was a curly haired third year from hufflepuff (luna?) and he flat out rejected her without consideration. She wasn't happy but wasn't mentioned again. Doesn't that fit Luna's description?

Good idea...but it can't be...
Luna is in Ravenclaw ("Witt beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure" (or something to that effect)) and also, I believe she is described to have long, straight blonde hair :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending