Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

Hey!!!!
    Thank's very, very much!!
    I guess I was realy luky to find a site where people talk about harry potter wich I love a lot.
    :P

Someone (don't remenber who-sorry) said that luna showed up in the 4 book. To tell the truth I've already thought of that!!! And it was exacly that girl that some of you mention, that I thought it was luna. If it realy was her, then her character took a huge jump into the 5 book. I mean she became a lot more important, wich means that she can take onether jump in the next book. Can't she??

ps- You don't know, but a keep a inglish- portuguese or vice-versa diccionary by my side...loooooool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Hey!!!!
    Thank's very, very much!!
    I guess I was realy luky to find a site where people talk about harry potter wich I love a lot.
    :P

Someone (don't remenber who-sorry) said that luna showed up in the 4 book. To tell the truth I've already thought of that!!! And it was exacly that girl that some of you mention, that I thought it was luna. If it realy was her, then her character took a huge jump into the 5 book. I mean she became a lot more important, wich means that she can take onether jump in the next book. Can't she??

ps- You don't know, but a keep a inglish- portuguese or vice-versa diccionary by my side...loooooool!
    I find it a bit weird that we or Harry and his friends hadn't heard about Luna before the 5th book (unless we've missed something). But then, we haven't heard of many students outside of Harry's year, but for a few, I think. I mean wouldn't Luna be someone who would be talked about by a few people, many of whom would be rude.
    Oh and Kikas, I think that you are doing pretty well, even if u are using a dictionary. If learning english is anywhere near what it is like learning french, then Iknow that by using the dictionary, it could still be difficult to come up to things which would make sense to native speaking people. Keep it up!

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz i'm back..i've been for alomst 45 min readin evrything..so amny ideas..is it just me or a lot of things r now getting repeated since there are new poster...well the more the merrier...i'm kinda lost with all these relation ship talks..not my favorite thing to talk about in the case of Harry Potter..just because there r so many more interesting things...one of the ideas i liked was the veil mentioned by brooklyn..now that u say that...i had also though up an idea of maybe harry walking through there maybe after defeating vold and knew his job was done..just a thought...oh yea and brooklyn, if u live in brooklyn u are very near to me..

CR

ReputationRep:
    Well, I dont think the girl in book 4 was luna- JK works with the illustrators and luna has straight hair in the pictures - plus shes in Ravenclaw, not Hufflepuff- but maybe it was Marietta? The curly haired girl Cho is friends with who became a little brat? she never did seem to like Harry-

Everyone keeps saying JK throws out misleads, but I can't seem to find any- I'm not saying she doesn't- but has she given any in the past?

ANd yes, I think alot of stuff is getting repeated, but its hard to keep track- and new points of view are always coming on

Hey CR3- I'm in Park Slope- F train- with Barnes and Noble right across the street so I'm ready for the next book.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    hey guyz i'm back..i've been for alomst 45 min readin evrything..so amny ideas..is it just me or a lot of things r now getting repeated since there are new poster...well the more the merrier...i'm kinda lost with all these relation ship talks..not my favorite thing to talk about in the case of Harry Potter..just because there r so many more interesting things...one of the ideas i liked was the veil mentioned by brooklyn..now that u say that...i had also though up an idea of maybe harry walking through there maybe after defeating vold and knew his job was done..just a thought...oh yea and brooklyn, if u live in brooklyn u are very near to me..

CR
    That could be bad or good. I mean he could be back with his loved ones. But that would be kind of like committing suicide. I'd hate to see the reaction J K Rowling would get to that. Also, think of the people Harry would be leaving behind. He's got a surrogate family in the Weasleys, and he, Hermione and Ron are real tight.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!! I'm still here dont worry. i'm so sorry that i haven't posted in forever. i've just been so busy with homework and volleyball games etc. well i just wanted to drop in and say "hi" and that i didnt leave the post.

now i just need to catch up on the posts. last time i came we were only on like page 76. i really need to get reading!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    Hey!!! I'm still here dont worry. i'm so sorry that i haven't posted in forever. i've just been so busy with homework and volleyball games etc. well i just wanted to drop in and say "hi" and that i didnt leave the post.

now i just need to catch up on the posts. last time i came we were only on like page 76. i really need to get reading!!!
    LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALL A HARRY RULES LALALALALLALALALALALALALALALLALA LALA

ReputationRep:
    haven't read some previous posts, so not sure if this has been answered, but i want to bring it up again. I found in an interview with JK that Lily was, in fact, in Gryffindor.

Q: Which house was Lily Potter in, and what is her maiden name?
    JK: Her maiden name was Evans, and she was in Gryffindor (naturally).

There, so we won't have to guess anymore!

The interview also said that James was a chaser.

Q:What position did James play on the Gryffindor Quidditch team? Was it seeker like Harry, or something different?
    JK: James was Chaser.

Also found out that Harry's whole name is actually Harry James Potter. heehee.

Check it out at:
    http://www.scholastic.com/harrypotte...ranscript2.htm

ReputationRep:
    have you tried the harry potter wizard challenge? it's pretty cool.

http://www.scholastic.com/harrypotte...lenge/game.asp

ReputationRep:
    I've just read part of the interview, and J K Rowling said that we'll find out about Dumbledore's "lookk of triumph" as in book 4, but as yet won't give much away about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Good idea...but it can't be...
    Luna is in Ravenclaw ("Witt beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure" (or something to that effect)) and also, I believe she is described to have long, straight blonde hair
    Luna's kind of mentioned in book 4, think i might have said this before, but not entirely sure. When they go to Stoutshead Hill to get the portkey to the Quidditch world cup Mr Weasley and Mr Diggory are discussing if they're waiting for anyone else in the area, they say mention tha Fawcett's and the Lovegood's and say that they either couldn't get tickets or went weeks ago, can't remember which, but it doesn't really matter! Sorry, left my books at home, wouldn't fit in the car when I came back up to uni!

ReputationRep:
    Just a few things I've picked up from reading the interview, anyone know of anymore interviews floating about the web?

Q. If you were Animagus, what kind of animal would you be?
    A. I'd like to be an otter — that's my favourite animal. It would be depressing if I turned out to be a slug or something.

And she goes and makes Hermiones patronus and otter!

[I]Q.Is there something more to the cats appearing in the books than first meets the eye? (i.e. Mrs. Figg's cats, Crookshanks, Prof. McGonagall as a cat, etc.)
    A. Ooooo, another good question. Let's see what I can tell you without giving anything away....erm....no, can't do it, sorry.[/I]

Theres gotta be something more to the cat discussion we had ages ago, the interview was well before book 5 and I don't think theres been much in book 5 about cats.

ReputationRep:
    Theres gotta be something more to the cat discussion we had ages ago, the interview was well before book 5 and I don't think theres been much in book 5 about cats.[/QUOTE]

hmmmmm...........im scared of cats, but y would james be playing with a snitch if he was a chaser? maybe he played multiple positions, early on they needed a chaser, so he played chaser, then when the seeker graduated they needed a seeker, and he was really good so they just found a new chaser? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    Theres gotta be something more to the cat discussion we had ages ago, the interview was well before book 5 and I don't think theres been much in book 5 about cats.

hmmmmm...........im scared of cats, but y would james be playing with a snitch if he was a chaser? maybe he played multiple positions, early on they needed a chaser, so he played chaser, then when the seeker graduated they needed a seeker, and he was really good so they just found a new chaser? :confused:
    Maybe he was playing with the snitch to improve his reflexes, but if he was good, why wasn't he seeker. Maybe there was already a good seeker in the team.
    The cat thing has been used a bit. I mean McGonnagal's animagus form is a cat, Mrs Figgs' house smelled of cats, Crookshanks. So I guess cats are gonna be important. I still think that Crookshanks might be important or has a secret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe he was playing with the snitch to improve his reflexes, but if he was good, why wasn't he seeker. Maybe there was already a good seeker in the team.
    The cat thing has been used a bit. I mean McGonnagal's animagus form is a cat, Mrs Figgs' house smelled of cats, Crookshanks. So I guess cats are gonna be important. I still think that Crookshanks might be important or has a secret.
    I totally don't understand how James would be Chaser- maybe she'll explain it later- I think some cats are just magical- like people- remember the tap dancing rats when Hermione got Crookshanks? The sales lady asked if Scabbers had any powers? Some animals must just have some magical abilities- I think Crookshanks, Mr. Tibbles, and Mrs. Norris must be the same species- all three have the ability to communicate to an extent- and they notice things and can react- maybe its like the rats- they are cats who just happen to be magic- or maybe I'm completely wrong and they are cursed wizards

ReputationRep:
    I dunno if J K Rowling will say why James was a chaser. I mean if you think, that's one of the less important facts. I want to know more about how James and Lily got together, and about their families. Do you think their parents died, and that maybe those events brought J and L closer together?
    Yeah, my 750th post; I'm now an Overlord (overlady) in training!

HEY!!!!!!!
    Thank's Xenon...belive me english is notting compared wchit french!!!

Cats??Well thought! I never thought about that. There will be, probably, something special about that, I mean so many things about cats in the books! I just can't imagin what!

Harry through the veil? I hope not. If he survives in the end I can't see no reason for him to go through the veil. He was a lot of personnes who car about him, we wouldn't kill him self because of sirius. Sirius wouldn't want for him to die, he risked his life for him!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    HEY!!!!!!!
    Thank's Xenon...belive me english is notting compared wchit french!!!

Cats??Well thought! I never thought about that. There will be, probably, something special about that, I mean so many things about cats in the books! I just can't imagin what!

Harry through the veil? I hope not. If he survives in the end I can't see no reason for him to go through the veil. He was a lot of personnes who car about him, we wouldn't kill him self because of sirius. Sirius wouldn't want for him to die, he risked his life for him!!!
    Hey kikas, why don't you sign up and become a member? It only takes a minute or so! I'd hate it if Harry went through the veil, cos it would be like him committing suicide. I don't think that James, Lily or Sirius would want him to give up his life after he's just saved all his friends and everyone. As long as all of the Weasleys don't die, Harry's got a loving and caring family out there for him. Although I'm sure James and Lily would hate all that Harry's had to go through, I'm sure that they'd be glad that he has the weasleys looking out for him as a surrogate family.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Xenon. What are you going to do to celebrate your newly found power and status? Hey, on that topic, where can I get a run down of the # of messages per level deal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Congrats Xenon. What are you going to do to celebrate your newly found power and status? Hey, on that topic, where can I get a run down of the # of messages per level deal?
    Hi, I was thinking of announcing today a special holiday named after me, but I'll stick to sending out loads of smiles, to make everyone happy.

Peter, ask D or one of the mods to give you a rundown of the status'. I owe this thread probably about half or so of my posts.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.