Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Does anyone know of any interviews coming up with her? All the ones we read are pre book 5!
    There was a book 5 launch interview. I think it was done with MSN so should be floating around the net somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    There was a book 5 launch interview. I think it was done with MSN so should be floating around the net somewhere.
    Do you mean the Royal Albert hall interview? If so, here it is (dug out from beneath the archives of this thread):

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkr-royalalbert.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Do you mean the Royal Albert hall interview? If so, here it is (dug out from beneath the archives of this thread):

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkr-royalalbert.shtml
    Yeah might have been - I really can't remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Yeah might have been - I really can't remember
    Still can't think why the part which she read (about career choices) could be important in the next books. Didn't she say that there was a hint of what will come in the future in what she read. I think that they should have work experience in their chosen careers.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I don't realy remenbe how I called hermoine, but I do remenber that I called snape in a difrent accent, so it was a little of a shok when I heared his name with english accent!

I don't understand one thing: if trelawney is a fraud how could she've said a profecy that was so important???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I don't understand one thing: if trelawney is a fraud how could she've said a profecy that was so important???
    Consciously she is a fraud, she has little skill. However subconsciously she has some skill as a see-er but she does not recall the moments when she makes 'true' predictions.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! she must have somthing special...something that we only are going to know when the 6 book comes out!
    I just hope it won't take to long!!!! Because if it is like the 5 book, it's realy going to take a long time!!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe carres advice will be important, because maybe harry will be an auror as he chosed it before!!(if he gets to live that long)

Do you think that there is more to tell that dumbledore wasn't told before!!!Why would voldemort atack harry and not neville!
    In the end of the 4 book, voldemort says to his death etares something like:" and I who taught that this boy(harry) would ever be more strong than me"!!! It isn't exacly like that, but is what he mean to say. Ther is somethin missing in the explanation of dumbledore.don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Had you never heard of the name Hermione before?
    Yeah, Hermione isn't a "widely used name" here in the states. When I first read the first book, I thought it was some little known name or something that JK had invented. I had never heard it before. Guess that just goes to show that there's quite a bit of difference between American and British English. I have realized something interesting of late though, my family here in New England doesn't refer to our mothers the same way that most Americans do. In my family, we've always called our mothers "Mum" and spelled it Mom. Most other Americans call their mothers Mom. My wife always makes fun of me for it she's from Arizona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Yeah, Hermione isn't a "widely used name" here in the states. When I first read the first book, I thought it was some little known name or something that JK had invented. I had never heard it before. Guess that just goes to show that there's quite a bit of difference between American and British English. I have realized something interesting of late though, my family here in New England doesn't refer to our mothers the same way that most Americans do. In my family, we've always called our mothers "Mum" and spelled it Mom. Most other Americans call their mothers Mom. My wife always makes fun of me for it she's from Arizona.
    I'd never known that there was someone called Hermione in real life. Oh well, now I know. I was thinking that wandless magic should DEFINITELY have a major role in future books. It';s been mentioned quite a bit, esp in 3rd book, when Harry shatters the galss, blows up his aunt etc etc. Maybe that's how Harry defeats Voldie. Hopefully Dumbledore will help him control his emotions, and therfore be able to control his wandless magic.

ReputationRep:
    i used to pronounce Hermione as HER-MEE-OWN. Haha

How do you think would Harry and Voldemort kill each other when they have wands made of the same feather? wouldn't their spells be reversed by the other wand?

Maybe Harry needs to learn the Muggle way of killing Guns, knives, strangle Voldie, use Martial ARts or whatever.

(Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i used to pronounce Hermione as HER-MEE-OWN. Haha

How do you think would Harry and Voldemort kill each other when they have wands made of the same feather? wouldn't their spells be reversed by the other wand?

Maybe Harry needs to learn the Muggle way of killing Guns, knives, strangle Voldie, use Martial ARts or whatever.
    i used to say Hermione as HER-MANE. i know that is not even close but i had never heard the name before and that's just what i kind of made up for the pronuciation. i didnt know her name was really HER-MY-OH-NEE until book 4.

about the muggle way of killing voldie...well i hope that jk rowling doesn't do that. i want there to be a wizard style duel not a muggle one. i expect harry to kill voldie by using magic. not neccessarily with a wand but just with magic.

ReputationRep:
    The muggle way of kiling voldemort is a thought but I prefer magic...dumbledore said in the 5 book that voldemort couldn't kill harry because he had a heart, do you think that voldie is going to die because of harry's heart, harry's love for others????

ps- You know that j.k.r lived in Portugal for a few years...And do you know that vold/.."Mort" is death in portuguese, it's only joing an "e"(if you know what i mean)...coincidence????

ReputationRep:
    ps- Morte(in portuguese)= death(in english)...voldmort!!!!
    see what I mean!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    The muggle way of kiling voldemort is a thought but I prefer magic...dumbledore said in the 5 book that voldemort couldn't kill harry because he had a heart, do you think that voldie is going to die because of harry's heart, harry's love for others????

ps- You know that j.k.r lived in Portugal for a few years...And do you know that vold/.."Mort" is death in portuguese, it's only joing an "e"(if you know what i mean)...coincidence????
    That's what I thought, that love would play a pretty big part in the defeat of Voldie. Maybe someone who Harry loves will stand in front of the killing curse or something to stop Voldie killing HArry. Of course, love could play another part in defeating Voldie.

ReputationRep:
    And by the fact love could defited voldemort, do you think taht someone will sacrifice is life for harry??? likesirius did? do you think anyone else will for harry?
    Well...if that happends I guess Harry will back away from his friends!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    And by the fact love could defited voldemort, do you think taht someone will sacrifice is life for harry??? likesirius did? do you think anyone else will for harry?
    Well...if that happends I guess Harry will back away from his friends!!!
    I hope that Harry does not back away from his friends, as really he needs them. That will probably be a natural instinct of Harry. I'm still hoping that Dumbledore will have a talk with Harry to calm hm down. Realistically, any of the Weasleys, the order, or Hermione at least would risk their lives for Harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hope that Harry does not back away from his friends, as really he needs them. That will probably be a natural instinct of Harry. I'm still hoping that Dumbledore will have a talk with Harry to calm hm down. Realistically, any of the Weasleys, the order, or Hermione at least would risk their lives for Harry.
    i hope no one risks their lives for harry unless it is someone in the order. perhaps lupin or moody or mungdungus or someone. i do hope that dumbledore will talk with harry because harry was mad in the fifth book so he will be really mad and sad in the sixth book because of sirius.

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm seeing if my avator thing will work. i hope it does!

ReputationRep:
    hey errrr it didnt work. ok well this is my last try cause i have to go to a family reunion thing. c ya.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.