Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Even if it was a member of the order it would still be bad, if anyone else died. But if anyone else has to die(wich I realy hope not!!), it would be better someone from the order than one of harr's friends...
    Maybe this time j.k killes a bad guy...the last 2 book only good personnes died...I guess it´s time for a bad guy to go away...it would be nice if it was belaratrix(or what ever is her name)!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!!
    I've just been to a bookshop, and you know what??? the 5 book in portuguese cames on october 25th!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hee, now I can read it again, but this time is my language, nd I can see what if've missed...you know what I didn't understand. I just have to nuy realy quike, because it's going to sold out realy fast!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Hey!
    Even if it was a member of the order it would still be bad, if anyone else died. But if anyone else has to die(wich I realy hope not!!), it would be better someone from the order than one of harr's friends...
    Maybe this time j.k killes a bad guy...the last 2 book only good personnes died...I guess it´s time for a bad guy to go away...it would be nice if it was belaratrix(or what ever is her name)!!!
    Hmmm! I reckon that it';s time for Bellatrix or Malfoy to die. Then Draco fights Voldie for the sole reason of revenge.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!!! That woul be nice to!!!!!
    Not to be bad or anything but, by the end of the 5 book I realy hated those two!!!!
    But I don't see Draco revenge his father, even if he was killed by voldemort...he doesn't seemed to like anyone excep him self!!

Ohh...but he realy was apcet about his father being tronw in to jail...don't know, maybe...but he is still to bad to fight voldi...because if he did then he would be helping harry...and he hates harry!!!!

ReputationRep:
    One thing!
    How many death eaters have are in prisonne!!!! all of then who were in the minestry of magic????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    One thing!
    How many death eaters have are in prisonne!!!! all of then who were in the minestry of magic????
    The ones in the ministry minus lady Lestrange I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    The ones in the ministry minus lady Lestrange I believe.
    im bored, any1 reccomend any exciting passages to read b4 i go to the swimmer party of the week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    im bored, any1 reccomend any exciting passages to read b4 i go to the swimmer party of the week?
    bored.com has some funny sites that keep me amused sometimes

CR

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that the death eaters will now escape now that the dementors are sided with Voldie.
    Passages to read:
    1. Dumbledore's clash with Voldie
    2. Fred and George's escape (a definite)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    2. Fred and George's escape (a definite)
    what a great part that was..i kept reading it over and over thinking..di they really just do that...its funny how when your so into a book..you almost kno the characters personally

CR

ReputationRep:
    u know what, i just thought of something. well Harry could see threstals in book 5 because he has seen death right? and jk rowling said that the person who sees death has to "let it sink in" and thats why Harry never saw them until after he saw Cedric Diggory die. well thats my point...Harry never saw Cedric Diggory die. Harry had his eyes closed because of the pain in his scar. Harry only heard a voice say "kill the spare" and then he heard wormtail say "avada kedavra." then Harry heard Cedric fall right next to him and then he opened his eyes and saw that Cedric was dead. so how can Harry see threstals if he didnt see Cedric die???

and in book 5 when Hagrid is showing everybody the threstals, Umbridge comes and starts asking people questions. She asks Neville Longbottom "who did you see die?" and Neville says he saw his grandfather die. notice how she didn't say "who have you seen that was dead?"

well that tells us that you have to actually see the person get killed and not just their body afterwards. Harry only has seen his mother get killed but he never saw the threstals until after he supposedly "saw" Cedric die. unless....

jk rowling isnt letting us in on something. i think we all thought that Harry could see the threstals because of the graveyard incident with Cedric. but earlier in book 4 Harry found out that his parents were killed by the avada kedavra curse and he kept thinking about how they died. so maybe there is something more to the whole threstal thing than we know.

well sorry for the length of this post. i just wanted to make my point clear in what i was trying to say. well let me know what you guys think!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think its kinda sad that the most popular thread on UK Learning isn't to do with some educational issue, or even anything relating to current affairs/politics, but Harry Potter???
    No offence to JK Rowling because Harry Potter books certainly have their place, but I fail to see how ppl can discuss them SO MUCH...could anyone possibly enlighten me????

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    u know what, i just thought of something. well Harry could see threstals in book 5 because he has seen death right? and jk rowling said that the person who sees death has to "let it sink in" and thats why Harry never saw them until after he saw Cedric Diggory die. well thats my point...Harry never saw Cedric Diggory die. Harry had his eyes closed because of the pain in his scar. Harry only heard a voice say "kill the spare" and then he heard wormtail say "avada kedavra." then Harry heard Cedric fall right next to him and then he opened his eyes and saw that Cedric was dead. so how can Harry see threstals if he didnt see Cedric die???

and in book 5 when Hagrid is showing everybody the threstals, Umbridge comes and starts asking people questions. She asks Neville Longbottom "who did you see die?" and Neville says he saw his grandfather die. notice how she didn't say "who have you seen that was dead?"

well that tells us that you have to actually see the person get killed and not just their body afterwards. Harry only has seen his mother get killed but he never saw the threstals until after he supposedly "saw" Cedric die. unless....

jk rowling isnt letting us in on something. i think we all thought that Harry could see the threstals because of the graveyard incident with Cedric. but earlier in book 4 Harry found out that his parents were killed by the avada kedavra curse and he kept thinking about how they died. so maybe there is something more to the whole threstal thing than we know.

well sorry for the length of this post. i just wanted to make my point clear in what i was trying to say. well let me know what you guys think!!

Thats a good point, but I thought it was more that you had to experience death, not in the sense that you die obviously, but that you had to be right there when it happened, not necessarily see it, but throughout book 5 when Harry finally tells people what happened he has a couple of outbursts where he states, "I saw Cedric die", so either there was just an error at the end of book 4 or are you sure that he had is eyes closed the whole time and was only hearing cedric die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Yeah!!! That woul be nice to!!!!!
    Not to be bad or anything but, by the end of the 5 book I realy hated those two!!!!
    But I don't see Draco revenge his father, even if he was killed by voldemort...he doesn't seemed to like anyone excep him self!!

Ohh...but he realy was apcet about his father being tronw in to jail...don't know, maybe...but he is still to bad to fight voldi...because if he did then he would be helping harry...and he hates harry!!!!

does anyone really know how much draco knows about voldie, we assume he does because of his dad, but maybe his dad hasnt told him that much, so that if voldie really kills lucious then draco will want revenge, but i would think lucious is too valuable to voldie for him to kill him yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    does anyone really know how much draco knows about voldie, we assume he does because of his dad, but maybe his dad hasnt told him that much, so that if voldie really kills lucious then draco will want revenge, but i would think lucious is too valuable to voldie for him to kill him yet
    I think you're right on the tack about Draco not knowing everything. He always appears to be one up about it all than Harry, but he's well placed to eavesdrop. But i think maybe, at one point, it will come to where Draco DOES know quite a bit of stuff, and then he too, will be too valuable to kill.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!!
    I think Harry sees the threstals not because he saw cedric die, but because in the graveyard he saw his parents already ded!
    And also maybe, when in the 3 book he hears is mother fadeing away because of the dementors!

ReputationRep:
    "And also maybe, when in the 3 book he hears is mother fadeing away because of the dementors!"...I forgot he only sees the threstals in the 5 book!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)

i'm pretty sure your right about the whole closing of the eyes thing but i don't think jk means actually seeing it..more of being there when it happens or experiencing it (recently stated by lavender)..because why else would harry have seen the threstrals...we know its not his parents becaUSE HE would have seen the things in book 2 , 3, and 4 also...apart from that cedric is the only death that could qualify

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    i'm pretty sure your right about the whole closing of the eyes thing but i don't think jk means actually seeing it..more of being there when it happens or experiencing it (recently stated by lavender)..because why else would harry have seen the threstrals...we know its not his parents becaUSE HE would have seen the things in book 2 , 3, and 4 also...apart from that cedric is the only death that could qualify

CR
    Maybe Harry was too young to understand the whole concept of death when he was a baby, and therefore did not fully experience it. Whereas in book 4, he totaly experienced it, and had the feelings of someone he knew dying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    i not posted on here for ages....

hmmm... i don't reckon lucius tells draco that much and that most of draco's information comes from gegging in. remember in the CoS, lucius wouldn't even tell draco who 'opened' the chamber last time so i reckon he makes out he knows more than he does.

lou xxx

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.