Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I agree that Harry would get full marks on DADA. Just because Umbridge had a snide expression on her face wouldn't mean that Harry wouldn't get good marks. she's just angry coz harry's doing a great job when he shouldn't (which is probably the Ministry's goal... putting a DADA professor that doesn't teach anything good!!!) She can't do anything anymore, anyway. she's gone bonkers! serves her right. centaurs rule!
    just out of curiosity are u actually phillipino, or american or english, cuz u speak really good english....

ReputationRep:
    Hey, been away for a few days and got so much catching up to do, can't wait til we get internet sorted in my house, getting sick of having to go all the way into uni!

Anyway, going back a few pages, someone was on about Harry going through the veil and affectively committing suicide, I really don't think this an option, mainly because of all the ethical and moral issues surrounding suicide (it used to be illegal, a person who committed suicide couldn't be buried in a church or something, don't know if these still apply nowadays) For what is essentially a childrens book I think there would be uproar if the issue of suicide was raised.

I don't think Draco knows as much as he likes to think he does, I think his father tells him things like the Triwizard cup and a bit about the chamber of secrets, but I don't think he knows much at all about Voldemort and the death eaters, did he even know for sure that his dad was one? I don't think its ever mentioned, but correct me if I'm wrong! Also the way his dad doesn't include him in the business dealings in Knockturn Alley in book2, just leaving him to roam the shop while he does the deal.

Harry's got to get top marks in DADA, he did everything right in his exam, and the only reason I think he might not get the grades in potions would be if it was used as part of the story so we can then find out more about his parents, (Harry can't be an Auror so whilst consoling him Lupin tells Harry about his parents careers, prompting Harry to follow in his fathers footsteps etc)

I'm sure I had loads more stuff to say, but can't remember right now and don't have time to look back, bludy lectures getting in the way of valuable internet time!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by curryADD
    just out of curiosity are u actually phillipino, or american or english, cuz u speak really good english....
    wow, thank you! that's nice to hear, but i'm a hundred percent Filipino well, maybe not a hundred percent. I think i have a tad of Spanish and Chinese blood in my system, but my mom and dad are Filipinos). I'll let my English teachers know that someone told me I speak good english.

On Harry and Potions... didn't Book 5 say that he made a mistake somewhere? maybe he'd just get a fair grade, but not exactly high.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Was gone for the weekend-

If NEWTS are like SATs, they will determine your future only to an extent- and SATs aren't evil at all- I know a few people who got 1600- but SATs dont entirely determine your college- they just play a large part- they are a good example of what you'll do later (and Harvard would NEVER take someone who got a 1300- I went to Boston University and everyone there got at least that (except for the hockey players) and we sure weren't Harvard material !)

but anyway- lots of factors play in for college- maybe Harry's excellent DADA abilities will make up for his Potions problems- like great AP scores can make up for bad SAT sections- (sorry to everyone who got lost on that analogy)

I'm doubtful about him being an auror as well- maybe he'll be the minister of something or take over Ludos job or the Department of Mysteries!- I DO think Ron will get to be an Auror- Hermione, maybe something with Protection of part-human department- so she could help Lupin-

ReputationRep:
    Hey...can't stay long...french test!!!! :mad:
    I think that Harry'il guet well in his OWLs of D.A.D.A, he is very good in that...The fact that umbrige did a "bad face" when harry was doing the OWL, it only confirms that he did well! ...Because she hates Harry!!see what I mean????

****...got to study!!!!!!!....grrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    when the ministry declared for the daily prophet about voldemort coming back they didn´t say anything about death eaters being captured or arrested, so the wizard community doesn´t know about it.
    That's incorrect.

If you recall, Harry meets Draco as he goes out to meet Hagrid near the end of book 5. Draco says something a long the lines of 'You can't land my father in prison' Harry says 'I thought I just had' and then he says they'll soon break out and Harry replies that atleast the magical community will know what scum they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That's incorrect.

If you recall, Harry meets Draco as he goes out to meet Hagrid near the end of book 5. Draco says something a long the lines of 'You can't land my father in prison' Harry says 'I thought I just had' and then he says they'll soon break out and Harry replies that atleast the magical community will know what scum they are.
    the "magical community will know", they don´t know yet, only those who were in the deparment of mysteries know which death eaters were captured. the article in the daily prophet doesn´t say who was arrested.
    maybe draco knows what happened because his mum told him.

ReputationRep:
    hello,i am finally back. seems i have no time anymore! Yet again, more people hating harry on this site... GET OFF IF U DONT LIKE IT!!! jeeze.

Anyway, why doesn't dumbledore try to kill voldemort in the big battle? so what if there are other ways, if dumbledore could juts do it! maybe he is saving him for harry, but then this all depends on your interpratation of the propechy. Maybe dumbldedore doesn't kill him bcuz he knows he can't, and if he trys, volde will figure out only harry can.

ReputationRep:
    Even if the dumbledore tryed to kiled voldie...he would never make it out alive!!!! The propechy says that only, and only harry can kill voldie...nobody else!!
    My guess is that dumbledore would die if he tryed...
    Has soon as voldie founds out the rest of the propechy, he will no longer fear dumbledore...only harry, but he caind of already does fear harry...
    I didn't understand very good what the propechy said...they both can't live while the other is alive, right?? but they are both alive!!
    Can any of you explain that to me!!!

When is the end???
    Is the big battle in the end of book 7??
    Do you think that j.k.r will writte more books about hp???

ReputationRep:
    yes they are both alive but sooner or later one has to kill the other................harry has to kill voldemort in order to stop him from gaining power and killing muggle borns..........voldemort wants to kill harry because he is the only thing stopping him from becoming king of the world or whatever he wants to be.

i don´t think j.k will write any more books about harry potter, but i wish she would, i want to know what´s the world going to be like once voldemort is out of the picture.
    a book about the marauders would be cool too.

ReputationRep:
    just like the leroylina said, they are both alive. just because the prophecy said one has to kill the other (or something like that) doesn't mean that it needs to happen now. maybe you should remember that the Harry Potter series is somewhat about Harry VS. Voldemort. If J.K. kills Voldie now, what the heck would she write about in the next 2 books?

We wouldn't really know when the big battle will happen, but it would probably be in book 7. Who knows? Only J.K. knows. But i've read somewhere that she finished the ending already. Chapters prior to that have not been written yet, though. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    yeah...it would be nice if j.k.r writted more books about hp, but then...she will probably tell us how is the world like wiht out voldie, in the end of book 7!...

I under...why did voldemort needed harry's blood to hace a body again??
    I know that he only got that way because of harry...but still

Remenber when harry did that thind to is aunte...he did it wiht out using his wand! Do you think that got to do with the fact he was the chosen one?...I mean, is ti normal for wizard to do that??

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Harry will get the grades needed to become an auror, but after defeating Voldie, he decides that he wants a quieter life and becomes an auror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Even if the dumbledore tryed to kiled voldie...he would never make it out alive!!!! The propechy says that only, and only harry can kill voldie...nobody else!!
    My guess is that dumbledore would die if he tryed...
    Has soon as voldie founds out the rest of the propechy, he will no longer fear dumbledore...only harry, but he caind of already does fear harry...
    I didn't understand very good what the propechy said...they both can't live while the other is alive, right?? but they are both alive!!
    Can any of you explain that to me!!!

When is the end???
    Is the big battle in the end of book 7??
    Do you think that j.k.r will writte more books about hp???
    Hi lá Kikas! Wow, você foi consideravelmente ocupado! Já até 75 bornes. Anyhow, está aqui minha tomada no prophecy. Essencialmente, está dizendo que nenhuns deles estarão verdadeiramente "vivos" quando os outros viverem. Bàsicamente, são ambos sorte viver de meias vidas. E agora, estão compartilhando realmente completamente de um bocado entre os dois. Minha suposição é que se tornarão juntados mesmo mais até o ponto onde é muito unbearable para ambos eles. Eu suporia que uma vez que um deles dados, o outro quer não mais por muito tempo esteja assombrado pela conexão. Apenas minha tomada.

Hi there Kikas! Wow, you've been pretty busy! Already up to 75 posts. Anyhow, here's my take on the prophecy. Essentially, it's saying that neither of them will be truly "alive" while the other lives. Basically, they're both living sort of half lives. And now, they're actually sharing quite a bit between the two. My guess is that they will become even more joined until the point where it is very unbearable for both of them. I would assume that once one of them dies, the other will no longer be haunted by the connection. Just my take.

Peter O Grande

ReputationRep:
    well to be honest I realy think he will became an auror!!!!!
    It's the best job for harry, he is realy good in D.A.D.A!!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Brooklyn
    I'm doubtful about him being an auror as well- maybe he'll be the minister of something or take over Ludos job or the Department of Mysteries!- I DO think Ron will get to be an Auror- Hermione, maybe something with Protection of part-human department- so she could help Lupin-
    If Harry would still be alive after Hogwarts, he'd probably make a good DADA professor! At last, Hogwarts is going to have someone eligible!!!

Were Aurors made to fight Voldemort and his minions? Or evil in general? Coz what would the future Aurors do if Harry kills Voldie?

Hmm... I think Ron's chance of being an Auror is just the same as Harry's. Aren't they just on the same level? That's why I really want to know how many OWLS they're gonna get!!!

Yeah, I think Hermione would do stuff to help others... don't forget S.P.E.W.! Maybe she's going to pursue that after Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    Olá!!!!ñ sabia que falavas português!!! Que bom!!!
    Tens alguma descendência portuguesa ou brasileira???

Yap...deve ser isso...concordo...acho que eles só se vão ver livres da ligação entre ambos quando um deles morrer...até lá o Harry vai se queixar miotda sua cicatriz!!!!!

Hei!!!I didn't know that you talked portuguese!!!That is realy good!!
    Do you have any portuguese or brasilian descent???

Yeah...it must have to be that...I agree...I think both of them will have that conection until one of them dies...until there harry will kep complaning about is scar!!!

i know you are not discussing this but how is it that voldemort still has his old wand? i mean when harry defeated him when he was a baby, voldemort fled and he didn´t have his wand. he said so in book 4 while giving the speech to the death eaters, he said something like "i coudn´t do spells because i didn´t have a wand" so unless somebody else was with him that night and saved the wand all those years then it should´ve been left in godric´s hollow.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Peter The Great
    Hi there Kikas! Wow, you've been pretty busy! Already up to 75 posts. Anyhow, here's my take on the prophecy. Essentially, it's saying that neither of them will be truly "alive" while the other lives. Basically, they're both living sort of half lives. And now, they're actually sharing quite a bit between the two. My guess is that they will become even more joined until the point where it is very unbearable for both of them. I would assume that once one of them dies, the other will no longer be haunted by the connection. Just my take.
    Oh wow. Is that Spanish or Portugese? I speak neither.

ReputationRep:
    "ocupado"???...hi hi ocupada!!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.