Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    um, sorry to tell you, but you are misreading, did you not read the fifth book? Neville's parents are at mungos (i dont care if i spelled it wrong) They are insane not dead. How can a dead person continue to give their son wrappers. Neville and his grandma go to visit them all of the time, they were there when harry and his friends went to go visit ron's dad. Pay attention
    You are correct, however you also need to pay attention it seems. That point has been made before...several times infact

ReputationRep:
    Did I pick some nasty comments in the last post? Were you being nasty?

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by tweetsy85
    I think it's important to remember that HP is, overall. a children's book, and therefore, I don't think that JKR would dare to
    1. kill harry, (and possibly not ron or hermione either)
    2.let the baddy win
    3. also I think that people are looking in too deep into the "marked as equal" thing. I mean, since it is a children's book, i suspect that the mark has to be something physical, like the lightening scar, so that children will be able to understand it easily.
    I just registered!!!
    I have been thinking about this for a while, i think that j.k. has her own story line that she is going to follow. In other words, where would be the magic in the book if she is going to only write what other people want. She is already going beyond the lines of a children's book, why stop there?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... yeah u've got a point. although she is catagorised as a children's author, she may surprise us all in later books with her originality & do something awful like allow voldemort to take over the world!! eek! who knows? also harry & co. are no longer gonna b children, so maybe that'll give her a chance to make the book content more grown up & introduce realism eg. the death of a major character. i really hope not though!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by a_musical_gal
    Did I pick some nasty comments in the last post? Were you being nasty?
    If you were referring to me, which I think you were...I was not meaning to cause offence and it was certainly not written in a 'nasty' way as you put it...appologies I was mearly in a 'raised eyebrow' sort of mood... - I thought my smilie at the end would show I was not saying it in a 'nasty' manner...ah well *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    My bad - I wasn't paying attention - I didn't see the =)

ive cut out this message for bad and offensive language directed at members- thanks lou for reporting! ollie

ahh i hate living in america when everyone else is in europe...its still early here!! everyone is sleeping there

ooo noo my message has been cut out...what about the other persons for being a wise ass

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read the post and do not know who you are- but if it was me who you are now refering to as a 'wise ass' -and I figure it probably is, I thought I'd already explained about my post...ah well...if it continues to cause offence I shall edit it *sigh*

As I have said...I did not post to cause offence...

ReputationRep:
    no it was not it was the other persons cuz i was the one who typed the thing about nevilles parents dying..i made a mistake but anyway..sorry bout that..and thanx for sticking up for me...

has anyone thought about priori incantatem? harry and voldemort cannot even dule properly as long as they are want brothers! and also how is harry supposed the kill voldemort when he can't even concentrate when hes near him because of his scar burning?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i was thinking about that to, i don't know, maybe it could be some kind of group effort to kill voldemort but it would be harry who ultimately killed him. it seems it would take more than just a spell to kill him don't you think. harry has been able to sort of overcome it before, maybe he can do it again.

ReputationRep:
    Harry will win in the end. He'll do it through goodness & love.

Voldemort believes there is no such thing as good & evil only power & weakness. However we all know that Harry's power does not make him good, but that there is so much goodness in him, thats where all his power comes from.

we also know Dumbledore loves harry. Im thinking mayb dumbledore will die saving harry, then voldemort will backfire a curse. Or Sum thing else. But it will be that love conquers all or right makes might type of ending.

has anyone noticed how harry potter is really like the Gospel.....sorry if that offends....wait yes i know Harry will win.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    maybe, and remember this is just speculation, after voldemort is destroyed (if ever) all the people's lives he's taken will be returned to them

this post has been merged -ollie
    Doubt it, most people are probably 6 ft under and fully decomposed. even if they arent i think the shock of waking up in a coffin would kill them. Has any one ever thought of the possibility of harry's parents being a ghost? I have a feeling that the grey lady is harry's mother. Just a thought.
    PS i havent read the post in a while so sry if these points have already ben brought up. i havent finished reading everything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Diesel Dude
    Has any one ever thought of the possibility of harry's parents being a ghost? I have a feeling that the grey lady is harry's mother. Just a thought.
    i don't reckon they are. you only become a ghost if you're afraid of death + it doesn't fit in with what we know about is parents. would he not recognise the grey lady? he has seen photos of his parents + he saw the in the mirror.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they are ghosts either, I mean, if they were it seems they would have tried to talk to harry by now. I just never thought of that as a possibility before. Of course, it is possible though.

Alright, first of all, Harry is not going to die at the end of book 7, because all the little kids would be upset, and JK is making way to much cash to just drop the series, I know I wouldnt, anyways, after the 7th book there is going to be a second series about his life after hogwarts, its suppose to be a 2 book series, but as of now shes thinking about a 10 book series, it is unknown as she just began the 6th book a week or so after the 5th one was released. Then, there are strong rumors about JK making a prequel series of 4 books, about his dad, James Potter, and how he meets his mom and what happened the day harry died, and all the past info, and the 4th book will end with the teachers putting harry on the dursleys doorstep. If your wondering how I know all this, its because I helped produce the first artemis fowl book, and we all got to talk to her about making the two series combine, but it didnt happen.

So basically, the series of the Harry Potter world is going to be so complexe, itll be like a giant ant den swerving and turning, with Harry getting a job in the second series and getting married. THEN, JK sent a email to all of us and began to explain how she plans for Voldermort to spawn a son, this son will kill Harry, but not before he has had a son, and it will kind of restart, Hogwarts will get destroyed, and his son will have to go to some other school. Harrys son is going to be a type of dark wizard, after witnessing his own parents death, he will become a type of neutral wizard, basically meaning if you get in his way you die, he will be nice to you if you dont try to stop him from doing things, but if you get in his way you die. And she has plans even further, there will be sub sequeals, and prequels, and after death series, even books that go off topic, books about Hagrid, and dumbledore, and then even a series about voldemort. She plans to put most of her life into writing these books, just wait a good 30 years, there'll be books out called "Harry Potter, his friend Hagrids life." And stuff like that, therell be books like "Harry Potter, and the vile voldemort."

All im saying people is that, this series sure isnt gonna end with book 7, oh no, there are hundreds, nay, thousands, NAY, Millions of possibilites for this ever-evolving world, that is-Harry Potter.

ReputationRep:
    If your wondering how I know all this, its because I helped produce the first artemis fowl book, and we all got to talk to her about making the two series combine, but it didnt happen.
    Oh dear- what a bad start to the lies! You may not be aware...but the series are by different authors...HP- Being by JK Rowling and Artemus Fowl being by Eoin Colfer I believe.

Secondly...even if there was to be all these series' -which I doubt strongly because she has said there wont...I hardly think she would tell the plot (via email aswell!) to a bunch of publisist workers

There as you said...many possibilities, but beond the 7th book, I doubt there'll be any more from JK- check out the fan fic pages for endless tales of HPs unpublished adventures!

I think Harry Will die, but snape will use potion to bring him back to life again. At Least thats what I heard.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.