Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cool to have so many opinions from so many contries!!
    And it's all about those greatest books ever!!

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore can't kill Voldemort- first of all, remember he dosn't have enough human left in him to die- if Dumbledore kills him, he'll just go back to the spirit thing and come back later- plus, dumbledore is too NOBLE to use unforgiveable curses- remember? and killing is one of those- plus he said there are worse things than death- I get the feeling he's trying to get something liek that for Vold-

I don't think JK will write more books about what happens after- she says she ties it all up neatly at the end of book 7 so you know what happens to everyone- I DO think she'll write more books though- maybe more schoolbooks or Marauder stories- I think she'll try something different but it just wont work as well-

I don't think Harry will be an Auror- he didn't seem that interested in it, just Ron was- plus Auror's hunt out dark wizards, right? and so far he's kind of sucked at that- missed all of them until the last minute-

What do people think of that double snake thing Dumbledore brought up? I kind of got the impression it was saying Harry WAS Voldemort in a way, but because he made different choices he was a different person sort of thing- plus its a little odd that they look alike but Harry looks like his father- and Petunia seemed a little too afraid of that name for a muggle.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    To Peter The Great : Ñ faz mal!!!

It couldn't be wormtail...he hasn't got enought courage to go with voldie to kill the ones he betraid!!! It's an interesting ideia...

It must of been some of the death etaers, I can't see who else coud of been there taht night!!!
    Remember in book3, when harrys hears is mother dieing, he didn't heard anybody else!!!!

...mistery I LIKE IT!!
    i think it was wormtail because he was the one who helped voldemort get his body back.
    voldemort had his wand when they were at the riddle house

ReputationRep:
    wormtail??no way...he couldn't!!!"he is not men enought"(if you know what I mean)!

What hapend to umbrige??is she still goig to work at the minestry?

ReputationRep:
    "What do people think of that double snake thing Dumbledore brought up?"
    what snake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    wormtail??no way...he couldn't!!!"he is not men enought"(if you know what I mean)!

What hapend to umbrige??is she still goig to work at the minestry?
    i don´t think so......... i think fudge is going to blame the mistakes made by the ministry on umbridge and all his advisors. he likes being a minister and if people hear about all the things she did to harry, the twins and lee jordan they are going to be really upset and since umbridge was senior undersecretary to the ministry ,then people´d think that they were together on it. that kind of thing wouldn´t look good in a minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    "What do people think of that double snake thing Dumbledore brought up?"
    what snake?
    Probably talking about the situation after Harry has the (not) dream about Mr Weasley being attacked, and he uses the special silver 'thing' to do something...(snakes come out in smoke)
    We discussed this a while back I believe...

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I think that the Harry COULD be an auror. Remember when J K Rowling said that that meeting could be important. Maybe Harry might help out some aurors, or maybe, more might be found out about his parents and what jobs and missions they went on and stuff.I don't know about Ron becoming one. He's not as good as Harry at DADA (not many will be as Harry is extremely strong mentally). I also think that Harry will do better at Potions than Ron, especially as Snape wasn't around. Harry gets more affected by Snape than Ron in lessons, so I reckon that Harry isn't too bad at potions.
    I think that Wormtail could have taken the wand, either before after "confronting" Sirius. I mean, he is a rat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    You know Dumbledore has changed the role that Aunt Petunia plays, from one of unimportance to one of interest. He kind of hinted that Aunt Petunia has more of link to the magical world than we were at first led to believe. I wonder if she is a squib?
    I don't actually think that she was a squib. I reckon that there was only intended to be 1 squib (Figg). She could know about dementors and stuff because, maybe Lily;s parents were wrongfully sent to Azakban or soething, and eventually killed by Voldie. Maybe Petunia blamed Lily and JAmes for their death. Maybe Petunia did actually know a lot about the wizarding world due to visits and stuff, but maybe if their parents died like that or something, she went into denial, and started hating Lily. Just a thought!

ReputationRep:
    :confused: I suppose this has already been mentioned but what about wormtail and the fact that harry sved his life, i'm sure this must play a big part in the future books ,
    dumbledore said something about it creating a bond and that voldie would'nt want that , I think this means worm tail can't kill harry :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It could be...I mean, harry did saived his life...I under how could he?
    Wormtail pratacliy kiled his parent's and sent sirius to jail...harry is a realy good personne!!!!don't you think??

Ohhh...that snake!!!ok I remenber!!!
    One thing...There was moments when harry wanted to kill dumbledore..that was voldie inside harry's mind, wasn't it??

I think harry will became a very good auror...and I also think that is the job most apropriate for him...he knows a little how auror's life is, from the order!!!

Now that some of you talked about...anyone knows anything about lily's parents???

ReputationRep:
    I've said it before...there is a teory that petunia went to hogwarts, but she wasn't good enought...honestly I don't think so...there must be another reason, I mean...only jealousy???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I've said it before...there is a teory that petunia went to hogwarts, but she wasn't good enought...honestly I don't think so...there must be another reason, I mean...only jealousy???
    Shes a squib

ReputationRep:
    yeah...maybe, but why, I mean, why does she hate so much lily and james...just because she(not shure) never received a letter from hogwarts??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    yeah...maybe, but why, I mean, why does she hate so much lily and james...just because she(not shure) never received a letter from hogwarts??
    lily was everything she wanted to be for example the hatred between Snape and harry dad was there cuz snape was jealous. But petunia was lily's sister so i don't know we'll all have to wait

ReputationRep:
    If Petunia was a squib, they wouldn't call Lily a "mud blood"- if they have ONE magical parent they dont seem to call them a mudblood, or a squib- I still think she backed out of hte wizarding world- she knows too much-

I agree on the bond- something is going to happen wiht Wormtail and Harry- especially since to bring VOld back it took Harry's blood, and wormtails flesh, but wormtails flesh is in debt to Harry-

I know the double snake smoke thing was mentioned before, but I looked back and no one seemed to have any opinions on it, so I wondered if any one new did

I dont agree on the auror thing- JK doesn't seem that obvious- I dont htink because he said he wanted ot be an auror that he will be one- it seems to easy for her- she likes little hints- that one is kind of boring- no mystery about it- weren't there pamphlets there? Maybe one of those will come up- I'll look it up tonight

ReputationRep:
    was it ever mentioned that petunia blamed lily for their parents' death? or were lily and petunia's parents' death ever mentioned in the book? i don't quite remember...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    was it ever mentioned that petunia blamed lily for their parents' death? or were lily and petunia's parents' death ever mentioned in the book? i don't quite remember...
    Nope the book hasn't mentioned anything about James' or Lily and Petunia's parents. I'm just assuming that they're dead, but hopefully we will find this out sooner or later. She surely won't leave any loose ends untied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    Shes a squib
    She can't be a squib, its always saying about how Lily was muggle born, so obviously her sister would be too, so if she had no magical powers she'd be a muggle rather than a squib

ReputationRep:
    oops, posted that last reply before I'd read the next few, never mind. Lily and James' parents must be dead, because it says a few times that Petunia is Harry's only living relative, which was why he went to live with them. This also implies that his grandparents died before Voldies downfall, leading back to my theory (which I've mentioned before, but sorry, I'm gonna mention again!) that Voldemort, or some of his death eaters killed Harry's grandparents, which is part of the reason why Petunia hates Lily so much, she blames her for her parents deaths, maybe the death eaters thought her parents might know where they were hiding or something.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.