Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Exactly, what we've got to keep in mid is that the books are essentially childrens stories that are so well written they appeal to an older audience. Good will have to overcome evil, and faith in human nature will have to be restored, making the goodest person in the wizarding world a traitor would be so cynical, like saying there isn't a single good person out there, everyones evil. I think Dumbledore's mistakes are genuine, and just prove that he's only human.
    *claps*

ReputationRep:
    JK ALWAYS says that when she needs the truth or some other information to come out, she makes Hermione say it- and Hermione said "If we can't trust Dumbledore, who can we trust" so I dont htink he has any secret hidden evilness-

Snape? No clue why he turned reverse traitor- but I'm thinking for some reason his loyalty to Dumbledore is above everything else- maybe there's a story there too, but maybe (I can hear the gasps) Snape isn't so bad after all- remember what Sirius said? "The world is not divided into good people and death eaters"- look at Umbridge- she was horrible but she wasn't a death eater- Snape could be just a 'mean git'

Does anyone know which part of the career chapter she read aloud? I looked it over last night and didn't see many clues- the other pamphlets they read were Healing, Muggle Liasons, Banking, Department of Magical Catastrophes, and I think thats it- the only other thing I caught was that McGonagall said no one had been taken as an Auror in 3 years, but didnt Tonks say she got in a year ago? The rest ofthe chapter is when F&G caused a distraction so Harry could use Umbridges fire- and Ginny said "damn" which I thought was so funny

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so found another example of possible forshadowing that snape could be a vampire. In book four, in the chapter where Harry and Krum find Crouch in the woods, and harry goes back to get Dumbledoor, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were trying to figure out who got a hold of crouch. One theory was that snape made it out there without anyone seeing. Harry said, no not unless he turned into a bat and flew out there.

I'd look up the page and exact quote, but I'm a bit removed from my book at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Ok, so found another example of possible forshadowing that snape could be a vampire. In book four, in the chapter where Harry and Krum find Crouch in the woods, and harry goes back to get Dumbledoor, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were trying to figure out who got a hold of crouch. One theory was that snape made it out there without anyone seeing. Harry said, no not unless he turned into a bat and flew out there.

I'd look up the page and exact quote, but I'm a bit removed from my book at the moment.

Don't vampire disentagrate when they are hit with sunlight? That's why they only come out at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    and about the look of triumph i think it was because voldemort now has harrys blood in him and that makes him mortal therefore he can be killed.
    That's quite a good idea...though at the moment, only Harry can kill him so it doesn't really help much...

---

I don't think Dumbledore's going to be a 'traitor'...that's not what I meant exactly...nothing to clear cut...blah!

---

(Original post by Peter The Great)
    He was also hung upside down from a tree...
    I think we've had this discussion before, it's an interesting theory but I think, an unlikely one. We've already have Lupin as a wearwolf, and Hagrid being half giant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)

- the only other thing I caught was that McGonagall said no one had been taken as an Auror in 3 years, but didnt Tonks say she got in a year ago? The rest ofthe chapter is when F&G caused a distraction so Harry could use Umbridges fire- and Ginny said "damn" which I thought was so funny
    in order to be an auror you have to go to school for a number of years. tonks had been officialy accepted as an auror a year ago, but she had been in training for some time before that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I think we've had this discussion before, it's an interesting theory but I think, an unlikely one. We've already have Lupin as a wearwolf, and Hagrid being half giant.
    Could be true, but is a vampire explained in the book "fantastic Beasts and where to find them"? Also, I think J K Rowling owes us an explanation regarding Snape becoming a spy. Was he one from the beginning or did he become one later on?

ReputationRep:
    That's nice; I got a negative reputation for this thread saying "Harry Potter Sucks!". If someone doesn't like Harry Potter, then leave the thread alone. I don't care if people don't like Harry Potter, cause as can be seen by the thread, there are many people who do like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Exactly, what we've got to keep in mid is that the books are essentially childrens stories that are so well written they appeal to an older audience. Good will have to overcome evil, and faith in human nature will have to be restored, making the goodest person in the wizarding world a traitor would be so cynical, like saying there isn't a single good person out there, everyones evil. I think Dumbledore's mistakes are genuine, and just prove that he's only human.
    I agree, good has to win, but even if those books are for children, that doesn't mean everything has to end ok.
    to be honest, I think something realy bad will happend to harry, or with someone else,when he wins against voldie!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That's quite a good idea...though at the moment, only Harry can kill him so it doesn't really help much...

---

I don't think Dumbledore's going to be a 'traitor'...that's not what I meant exactly...nothing to clear cut...blah!

---

It´s a realy good ideia, in fact it's so good that I think is the truth, think about it...jk likes to makes suprises, and snape being a vampire shore is one!!!! And everything you guys said, fits!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You realy writte a lot. I haven't even been out for one day and I already have to read 2 pages!!!!!! kip up!!!!

ReputationRep:
    vampires are "personnes" of the darkness, aren't they?? well snape is bad, bad enought for harry to have that pain in the scar when he fist saw snape. And snape wonts to be the D.A.D.A(defence against the dark arts) tracher!!!

Dumbledore will never be a bad guy, he can't...if he was, why did he fake it for so long...and he does like harry a lot!!!!

ReputationRep:
    sorry, writting so many post- I´m triying to kep out with you guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Could be true, but is a vampire explained in the book "fantastic Beasts and where to find them"? Also, I think J K Rowling owes us an explanation regarding Snape becoming a spy. Was he one from the beginning or did he become one later on?
    I think later on...
    I'm pretty sure in the courtroom when Karkaroff says Snape was a deatheater that Dumbledore says something to the effect of 'He was indeed a deatheater but renounced Voldemort before his demise and turned spy for up'

ReputationRep:
    Snape can't be a vampire- he refereed that Quidditch Match in book 1, remember? And the sun was shining- and he's been at lots of other games too- and at Grimmauld place during the day b/c he "never stays to dinner" plus Hermione would have figured it out by now-

Who is left to be DADA teacher? They've had a regular teacher, a famous person, a half human, death eater in disguise, someone from the ministry- who is left? I'm thinking Aberforth Dumbledore- or him in book 7- has anyone read the lexicon's theories on him? I completely think he's the bartender now-

ReputationRep:
    Snape can't be a vampire- he refereed that Quidditch Match in book 1, remember? And the sun was shining- and he's been at lots of other games too- and at Grimmauld place during the day b/c he "never stays to dinner" plus Hermione would have figured it out by now-

Who is left to be DADA teacher? They've had a regular teacher, a famous person, a half human, death eater in disguise, someone from the ministry- who is left? I'm thinking Aberforth Dumbledore- or him in book 7- has anyone read the lexicon's theories on him? I completely think he's the bartender now-

snape could be a vampire even in the sun, remenber when he did the pocion for lupin!!! Why couldn't he make un for himself?

ReputationRep:

I reckon that Aberforth could have a part in the next book, possibly as the DADA teacher (which would make sense). Any chance that there are half-vampires, so Snape could have some things related to a vampire, but be able to stand in the light. Is there any refernce in the 5 books to Snape having pale skin? (I can't remember!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I reckon that Aberforth could have a part in the next book, possibly as the DADA teacher (which would make sense). Any chance that there are half-vampires, so Snape could have some things related to a vampire, but be able to stand in the light. Is there any refernce in the 5 books to Snape having pale skin? (I can't remember!)
    Ok guys isn't this thread a little excessive - 14000 posts - wtf! Mod's please close it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Ok guys isn't this thread a little excessive - 14000 posts - wtf! Mod's please close it.
    why? if this thread was deleted, half the posting on this forum would be gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Why oh why did you bother?

If you don't like Harry Potter, and can't appreciate our interest then why come here?

There is nothing offensive on this thread, no rules (as far as I know) have been broken so there is no reason for the mods to delete it.

Blah!

Egan

P.S- are there really 14000 or did you accidently add an extra naught?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.