The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
edders
why? if this thread was deleted, half the posting on this forum would be gone!

Wouldnt it make sense to stop new posts on this one and start a new thread - who is actually going to read through 14000 posts?
Reply 1841
who is actually going to read through 14000 posts?

Some like to peruse...have a quick look at what has been said before joining the discussion...
Also, previous posts are often used for reference and checking.
Reply 1842
I did! I read through all the posts on here before i started posting- took me a week- but there are way too many good ideas to throw them all out- besides- even more would be repeated- which wouldn't be an entirely bad thing, but why? People recognize this thread- they catch up eventually-

plus, obviously plenty of people manage ok- there are people here from all over the world, and from what I can gather, ranging from 10 to 30 approx.- where else can you find a discussion like that? and the posts are at 1823 I believe-

I dont think you can be a vampire- they are technically dead so how would they have kids? he's always described as having greasy hair- anything in Fantastic Beasts about that?
Reply 1843
Brooklyn
I did! I read through all the posts on here before i started posting- took me a week- but there are way too many good ideas to throw them all out- besides- even more would be repeated- which wouldn't be an entirely bad thing, but why? People recognize this thread- they catch up eventually-

plus, obviously plenty of people manage ok- there are people here from all over the world, and from what I can gather, ranging from 10 to 30 approx.- where else can you find a discussion like that? and the posts are at 1823 I believe-

I dont think you can be a vampire- they are technically dead so how would they have kids? he's always described as having greasy hair- anything in Fantastic Beasts about that?

We haven't heard whether or not Snape actually has any kids, so he could be a vamp I don't think there is any mention about greasy looking hair, although there is a creature who can make ear hair turn purple.
I still want to know why Voldie hasn't killed Snape yet, if indeed he was the one who Voldie was talking about in book 4.
Maybe snape uses suntan lotion so he could go out even when there's the sun :biggrin:

but I don't recall any incident that may be related to blood sucking or anything. and he doesn't do the 'Blah! Blah!' sound that most vampires in different shows do :tongue:

Just a thought.. why would snape betray Voldemort. Maybe voldie killed someone that snape really love... parents? Lily, perhaps (although in book 5, seems like he doesn't really like her)? a friend? or maybe they had a deal, which is the reason why Snape joined the Dark Side, and Voldemort broke it.
darn Snape! he shouldn't have pulled Harry out of the Pensieve too soon... we could've found out more about him!
Reply 1846
Brooklyn

In Fantastic Beasts it doesnt say anything about vampires. it has werewolfs in there but nothing about vampires. *just checked the book*

well i hope that Dumbledore isnt bad. that would be like saying that Gandalf is bad in "Lord of the Rings." cuz if Dumbledore was bad everybody in the wizarding world would be affected and would probably start distrusting everyone else.
Reply 1847
Theres just no way Dumbledore is bad- JK wouldn't do that to a whole bunch of kids- I like the Snape was betrayed by Vold theory- I doubt it was Lily- maybe there was someone else in school we haven't heard about yet? Kind of like Pansy Parkinson except in the Marauder days?

What about the Weasley cousin who she took out of the books? There has to be some sort of connection in there we dont know about-
Brooklyn
Theres just no way Dumbledore is bad- JK wouldn't do that to a whole bunch of kids- I like the Snape was betrayed by Vold theory- I doubt it was Lily- maybe there was someone else in school we haven't heard about yet? Kind of like Pansy Parkinson except in the Marauder days?

What about the Weasley cousin who she took out of the books? There has to be some sort of connection in there we dont know about-

??? Weasley cousin????? Please explain...

As for the wack job who was complaining about the length of the thread

BLAH!

Nobody's forcing anyone to read all 92 pages. As was said before, there's lots of good thoughts in the back pages. It makes it really nice for referencing and lessens redundancy.
Reply 1849
ladyblitzer
Maybe snape uses suntan lotion so he could go out even when there's the sun :biggrin:

but I don't recall any incident that may be related to blood sucking or anything. and he doesn't do the 'Blah! Blah!' sound that most vampires in different shows do :tongue:

Just a thought.. why would snape betray Voldemort. Maybe voldie killed someone that snape really love... parents? Lily, perhaps (although in book 5, seems like he doesn't really like her)? a friend? or maybe they had a deal, which is the reason why Snape joined the Dark Side, and Voldemort broke it.

I think snape liked lily, as a friend, because she helped him. snape just doesn't know how to say thank's! or maybe he didn't say thank's because he was helped by a girl!
My guess is that sanpe thought voldie was doing bad enought, you know killing so many people...so he quite!
Altough the idea of killing someone he liked is not bad! But what made snape to be such a hated guy?? I mean why does he hate everyone, do you think is't because that thing that harry saw in is memories??
Reply 1850
ladyblitzer
darn Snape! he shouldn't have pulled Harry out of the Pensieve too soon... we could've found out more about him!

loooool...agree!!:wink:
Reply 1851
Magic101
In Fantastic Beasts it doesnt say anything about vampires. it has werewolfs in there but nothing about vampires. *just checked the book*

well i hope that Dumbledore isnt bad. that would be like saying that Gandalf is bad in "Lord of the Rings." cuz if Dumbledore was bad everybody in the wizarding world would be affected and would probably start distrusting everyone else.

Dumbledore is like the lider of all good wizards!! If he is bad, then who is going to tell what do do?
I mean...Dumbledore always knows what to do!
jk at some point said that a cousin of the weasleys would be introduced to the story. but the character was taken out of the books while editing.
ron in book 1 said that they had a muggle relative who was an accountant, maybe that`s the cousin ,who could also be related to lily potter because of the red hair
leroylina
jk at some point said that a cousin of the weasleys would be introduced to the story. but the character was taken out of the books while editing.
ron in book 1 said that they had a muggle relative who was an accountant, maybe that`s the cousin ,who could also be related to lily potter because of the red hair

ARGH! Now I have to reread the books AGAIN! I'm almost done with 4. I'm trying to read them really slow (been about a month since I started rereading the series). It's amazing, I feel like I'm reading them all for the first time! I really need to buy the Chronicles of Narnia to reread. I haven't read them in about 15 years, I bet there's a lot that I missed as a 10 year old reading them.
Yay Brooklyn!!!

We are now Junior Members :biggrin: hurray for our newly acquired status
Originally Posted by kikas
snape could be a vampire even in the sun, remenber when he did the pocion for lupin!!! Why couldn't he make un for himself?

Have you guys watched LXG? (League of extraordinary Gentlemen). It just makes me wonder... the vampire woman there, Mila, could actually go out even in the sun. So, just in case Snape is one... I guess it could be possible.
Reply 1856
ladyblitzer
Have you guys watched LXG? (League of extraordinary Gentlemen). It just makes me wonder... the vampire woman there, Mila, could actually go out even in the sun. So, just in case Snape is one... I guess it could be possible.

There is a lot of difrent stories about vampires, in ones they can't go out i the sun in others they can!
It's all about the writter, if j.k. wants snape to ba a vampire she'il make him one, and she want's she'il make him able to go out in the sun...
I mean, it's her world...she can make vamaperies has she want's!!! right??
Reply 1857
I think that the Weasley cousin was taken out of the story because there wouldn't be much of the cousin later on. But I'm not sure. It would be pretty cool to have another Weasley, but maybe we have enough. I mean we haven't heard that much yet from Charlie or Bill.
I also don't think that J K Rowling would possibly kill Dumbledore. He represents the good. I think that his mistakes are just showing that he is getting older, and maybe some of his mistakes might cause his downfall if Dumblydore is to die.
Have you wondered if Snape has ever had a girlfriend or a wife? Going on with the Snape hurting/betraying Voldie theory, maybe Snape did love someone and that person was killed. Making him even meaner and maybe hide inside himself (as well as becoming a spy). After all, all we know about him is what we saw in the pensieve and that he is mean.
Xenon
I think that the Weasley cousin was taken out of the story because there wouldn't be much of the cousin later on. But I'm not sure. It would be pretty cool to have another Weasley, but maybe we have enough. I mean we haven't heard that much yet from Charlie or Bill.
I also don't think that J K Rowling would possibly kill Dumbledore. He represents the good. I think that his mistakes are just showing that he is getting older, and maybe some of his mistakes might cause his downfall if Dumblydore is to die.
Have you wondered if Snape has ever had a girlfriend or a wife? Going on with the Snape hurting/betraying Voldie theory, maybe Snape did love someone and that person was killed. Making him even meaner and maybe hide inside himself (as well as becoming a spy). After all, all we know about him is what we saw in the pensieve and that he is mean.

Yeah, I've been toying with that one too. It's certainly plausible that Voldie crossed the line and killed someone snape "cared" about. Snape knew if he publically turned against voldie he'd get killed, so he went to dumbledore and kindly offered his services. :smile:
Reply 1859
OK- sorry- I forget no one combs the lexicon like I do-
the weasley cousin was a young girl- in school- JK mentioned her in a few different interviews- apparently when she was most of the way through GoF she went back and did some huge edits and cut this character out completely- now since its a young girl she must have been at Hogwarts- also, JK said she really liked the character and might bring her back- but isn't sure if she fits into the complex plot- which means she can't be THAT important, but I still wonder how she would have fit in- maybe that was going to be Ginny's 'friend' before Hermine took over so much-

I just LOVE Ginny, I can't WAIT to see what she does in the next two! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending