Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Yay Brooklyn!!!

We are now Junior Members hurray for our newly acquired status
    Wow! I didn't even notice! yay! Almost ALL my posts are on here!

Congrats ladyblitzer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Wow! I didn't even notice! yay! Almost ALL my posts are on here!

Congrats ladyblitzer!
    This is the only forum that I've posted to on uk-learning.net. I haven't even looked at the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    This is the only forum that I've posted to on uk-learning.net. I haven't even looked at the others.
    That's pretty good! 68 posts on this thread. There's a lot of people who have contributed to the many posts on this thread. There was a time when there were only three or 4 posters on this thread (you know who you are!) who posted regularly, and then it picked up, and now there are quite a few people posting on here, all contributing to the great number of posts.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the split up of # of posts to levels? It must be 25 or 30 to Junior Member?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Whats the split up of # of posts to levels? It must be 25 or 30 to Junior Member?
    Status Titles
    Status titles are determined by the number of posts made. At present, these are the current status title thresholds:

New Member 0
    Junior Member 30
    Full Member 60
    Respected Member 100
    Exalted Member 150
    Adored and Respected Member 200
    Exalted and Worshipped Member 450
    Overlord in Training 750
    Worshipful, Mighty Overlord of UK-Learning 1000

(Info got from FAQ at top of page)

Btw, I think Sirus is definately dead, cos remember, she said she cryed when she ended a character, and she wouldn't have cryed if Sirus was still alive.

I think that all these views have completely miss another alternative.

Voldermort have the spell of love done on him, and will become a goody. He will then rectify all the bad stuff he has done!!
    did anyone think of that? NO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice)
    Btw, I think Sirus is definately dead, cos remember, she said she cryed when she ended a character, and she wouldn't have cryed if Sirus was still alive.

Voldermort have the spell of love done on him, and will become a goody. He will then rectify all the bad stuff he has done!!
    Actually, I did think that the power which Harry had, which Voldie doesn't is love. I think that somehow love will help Harry defeat Voldie. About the casting of the spell of love (if there is one), it sounds a bit like the never-ending story 2, when Bastian wished for the queen???? to have a heart, to rectify the bad. I'm not sure about the theory though; not exciting enough for me, and will sound a bit like a fairy tale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice)

who would forgive voldemort for doing all that stuff if he becomes good?

there´s no coming back from killing and torturing people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice)

no because some of us like to stick to ... how should i put this... GOOD endings. Sorry Sorry bad day, but i would find that a very "disney" type ending, if u catch my drift. I was reading book 5, and get this: umbridge gives harry detention. On the last day, she asks to see his hand. He gives it to her and she grabbes it, and pain sears through his scar! She says " i know it hurts doesn't it" with a big smile. So lets see thats snape, wormtail umbridge and of coarse volde that have made his scar hurt, three of which without explainations, tho maybe vodle was near when wormtail made it hurt... This is def. gettin weird....

I have not had ANY time to get on, and probabley wont for a while, maybe once every 2 to 3 days, so expect to hear less from me. ( i am sure u will miss me (jk)

I know its a disney kind of ending, but if volde becomes a goody, then all the little kiddies will be happy. Or if volde became a goody and helped kill all the baddies.............obviously this ending seems impossible.But if only 2 ppl have ever guessed the correct ending, then i am sure its a type of ending which ya'll think is impossible.

Also, i think book 6 will answer some of our questions, but will create a lot of new ones just like book 5 has created.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys watched LXG? (League of extraordinary Gentlemen). It just makes me wonder... the vampire woman there, Mila, could actually go out even in the sun. So, just in case Snape is one... I guess it could be possible.
    luv that movie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    luv that movie!
    Snape cant be a vampire, he had parents and he went to hogwarts with harrys dad remember? and hes aged! plus he said harrys dad could have killed him with a prank, vamps are immortal!

ReputationRep:
    this is actually the only forum in which I became active weeell... yeah, vamps are kind of immortal unless stabbed straight at the heart. but snape could've been bitten after Hogwarts (though he is still at hogwarts).

Maybe Harry will turn voldie into a softie.. you know, with the love thing. Heehee.

Oh yeah. In book 5, there was a part that says Harry's scar burst open?!? I don't even want to imagine that... but is that literal or not really? It could mean that the scar would be no longer there (unless of course the "bursting" made a bigger one), breaking Harry's connection with voldemort?

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys watched LXG? (League of extraordinary Gentlemen). It just makes me wonder... the vampire woman there, Mila, could actually go out even in the sun. So, just in case Snape is one... I guess it could be possible.
    Or Blade, where Blade was a day walker and could go out in the sun, still thinking the whole vampire concept is quite unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to discuss it

Also, in Bram Stoker's Dracula male vampires only bit women and women vampires only bit children, so going on that theory Snape would have to have been bitten as a child, but again, its just another theory!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Yeah, I've been toying with that one too. It's certainly plausible that Voldie crossed the line and killed someone snape "cared" about. Snape knew if he publically turned against voldie he'd get killed, so he went to dumbledore and kindly offered his services.
    When Harry went into Snape's memory during the Occlumency lessons he saw a young Snape hiding while a man (Mr Snape) was bullying a woman (Mrs Snape) who was crying, maybe the person he cared about was his mother, I think children who experience those sorts of things at home blame their fathers and form a closer relationship with their mothers, don't really know much about it though, never done any psych, just what I've picked up along the way from books etc, anyone with a better grasp of psych able to help me out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that the Weasley cousin was taken out of the story because there wouldn't be much of the cousin later on. But I'm not sure. It would be pretty cool to have another Weasley, but maybe we have enough. I mean we haven't heard that much yet from Charlie or Bill.
    I also don't think that J K Rowling would possibly kill Dumbledore. He represents the good. I think that his mistakes are just showing that he is getting older, and maybe some of his mistakes might cause his downfall if Dumblydore is to die.
    Have you wondered if Snape has ever had a girlfriend or a wife? Going on with the Snape hurting/betraying Voldie theory, maybe Snape did love someone and that person was killed. Making him even meaner and maybe hide inside himself (as well as becoming a spy). After all, all we know about him is what we saw in the pensieve and that he is mean.

Well, I thought dumbledore would die in book 5, but he didn't...that makes me under...maybe he won't die!
    Everyone is expecting that, so maybe he wont die at all!!

I never heard about a weasely cousin before...I realy don't know nothing abou it!!

About snape having a love!!...Well is't just a tought (I'm very romantic...like to find romance evry where )...but what if snape liked lily???
    It could be possible, she was awlays protecting him, even when he didn't wanted, maybe he begin liking her, he just didn't admited 'cause she wasn't from his team!!!
    Voldie killed lily and if she was snapes love them he would certanly back away from voldie...
    remenber when snape protected harry in the 1º ear...what if he was protecting him, not just because harry's father saved once his life, but because harry was lily son...well like I said it's just a tought!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice)
    I know its a disney kind of ending, but if volde becomes a goody, then all the little kiddies will be happy. Or if volde became a goody and helped kill all the baddies.............obviously this ending seems impossible.But if only 2 ppl have ever guessed the correct ending, then i am sure its a type of ending which ya'll think is impossible.

Also, i think book 6 will answer some of our questions, but will create a lot of new ones just like book 5 has created.

VOldie will never be good...he has done too many bad things...like killing people...impossible...jk won't make that ending...I mean, who wants voldie to survive and be good???not me..I've learn to hate him so much 'cause in all the books of hp when ever he was with harry he didn't show any regrets on kiling and hurting people...I guess the hope of voldie being good, ended when he KILLED his parents!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    Snape cant be a vampire, he had parents and he went to hogwarts with harrys dad remember? and hes aged! plus he said harrys dad could have killed him with a prank, vamps are immortal!

well they are imortal, but if you take all of his blud he shurly will die!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice)
    For a start, I'd be very dissapointed with that type of ending. But if you consider the prophecy- one of them still has to die, so I don't think the 'Voldemort turns goody' would really work.

Oh yeah. In book 5, there was a part that says Harry's scar burst open?!? I don't even want to imagine that... but is that literal or not really? It could mean that the scar would be no longer there (unless of course the "bursting" made a bigger one), breaking Harry's connection with voldemort?
    Wasn't it bursting open with pain or something? Not literally me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!
    To be honest I would realy hated if the end was that way...voldie becaming bad...the way jk as writted the books makes us(at least me) hate voldie!!!I do, so I realy hope he will die in the end!...not to be bad but, he doesn't deserve to life!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.