Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Hey!!
    To be honest I would realy hated if the end was that way...voldie becaming bad...the way jk as writted the books makes us(at least me) hate voldie!!!I do, so I realy hope he will die in the end!...not to be bad but, he doesn't deserve to life!

My mistake...not bacaming bad...becaming good!!sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    When Harry went into Snape's memory during the Occlumency lessons he saw a young Snape hiding while a man (Mr Snape) was bullying a woman (Mrs Snape) who was crying, maybe the person he cared about was his mother, I think children who experience those sorts of things at home blame their fathers and form a closer relationship with their mothers, don't really know much about it though, never done any psych, just what I've picked up along the way from books etc, anyone with a better grasp of psych able to help me out?
    i`m studying psych in college and there is something called the edipo complex (i`m not sure if that`s the correct term in english) and it means that little boys are in love with their mothers and hate their fathers. it happens whe they are around 6 years old, but they grow out of it as they get older

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    i`m studying psych in college and there is something called the edipo complex (i`m not sure if that`s the correct term in english) and it means that little boys are in love with their mothers and hate their fathers. it happens whe they are around 6 years old, but they grow out of it as they get older
    according to freud
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    oedipus - after this poor sod

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by leroylina
    kind of studied that in english litt and in social sciences. like Pencil Queen said... oedipus complex. Oedipus is a person from Greek mythology who killed his father and married his mother... but he didn't know this until after some period of time.

They say that the Book 6 will probably be released November 2004... or sometime after Prisoner of Azkaban the movie is released. Can't... wait...!!!

And there still might be a movie on Book 4, under a new director. Don't know if characters are the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    They say that the Book 6 will probably be released November 2004... or sometime after Prisoner of Azkaban the movie is released. Can't... wait...!!!

And there still might be a movie on Book 4, under a new director. Don't know if characters are the same.
    i hope we won´t have to wait for book 6 as long as we had to wait for OOTP. where did you read that? i want to check it out

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE

And there still might be a movie on Book 4, under a new director. Don't know if characters are the same.[/QUOTE]

Me2...I can't wait that long!!...what am I going to do until november 2004?lol
    serius why do they take so long to publich a book, or writte!!! come on jk...finish the book!!!!

ReputationRep:
    how long was it again before book 5 came out? 2 years? ach. i forgot where i read that, but we might have to wait for book 6 like we waited for book 5. it's the same sight where i saw that rowan atkinson (aka johhny english, mr. bean) might play voldemort. Hahahahah!!!

Originally Posted by kikas
    Me2...I can't wait that long!!...what am I going to do until november 2004?lol
    Let's write book 6 ourselves, and put together all our theories: voldie gonna be good, snape a vampire, an evil dumbledore... hahaha!!!

ReputationRep:
    how long was it again before book 5 came out? 2 years? ach. i forgot where i read that, but we might have to wait for book 6 like we waited for book 5. it's the same sight where i saw that rowan atkinson (aka johhny english, mr. bean) might play voldemort. Hahahahah!!!

Let's write book 6 ourselves, and put together all our theories: voldie gonna be good, snape a vampire, an evil dumbledore... hahaha!!!
    snape cannot b a vampire!

ReputationRep:
    this is actually the only forum in which I became active weeell... yeah, vamps are kind of immortal unless stabbed straight at the heart. but snape could've been bitten after Hogwarts (though he is still at hogwarts).

Maybe Harry will turn voldie into a softie.. you know, with the love thing. Heehee.

Oh yeah. In book 5, there was a part that says Harry's scar burst open?!? I don't even want to imagine that... but is that literal or not really? It could mean that the scar would be no longer there (unless of course the "bursting" made a bigger one), breaking Harry's connection with voldemort?
    i think it was just pain, and no i dont think voldie and harry will have a love affair!

ReputationRep:
    i think it was just pain, and no i dont think voldie and harry will have a love affair!
    so now we got vampire snape, evil dumbledore, and the good lovers harry and voldemort. played by mr. bean and... er...? [prompting response]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    Lets hope not

ReputationRep:
    harry and voldemort?
    well that´s just creepy

ReputationRep:
    harry and voldemort?
    well that´s just creepy
    hahaha, yes, that would be a bit disturbing, and not only bcuz there both guys........... (not that I have ANYTHING against homosexuals, i just cant imagine harry that way)

well this is just for anyone who is really into harry potter and mwants to tell wat they think will happen in harrys 6th and 7th years well since im starting this thread these are the rumors i heard and my thoghts on wat will happen next

:titles bk6-shadow forest bk7- unknown
    :end of book 7 is- hermoine looks at harry and says "harry wheres your scar?"
    :harry will go out with hermione
    :harry will communicate to sirius and lily and james threw the 2 wat mirror harry got from sirius
    :something important about lily will be revealed (secret love for young tom riddle) maybe!!
    :hermoine will be hurt and harry and ron will take on voldemort together
    : and my last one is after school hsrry will become an auror and kill peter pettigrew and neville will teach herbology

write wat u think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    well this is just for anyone who is really into harry potter and mwants to tell wat they think will happen in harrys 6th and 7th years well since im starting this thread these are the rumors i heard and my thoghts on wat will happen next

:harry will communicate to sirius and lily and james threw the 2 wat mirror harry got from sirius
    :something important about lily will be revealed (secret love for young tom riddle) maybe!!
    : and my last one is after school hsrry will become an auror and kill peter pettigrew and neville will teach herbology

write wat u think
    ok if ur truly into harry go to harry potter and the ultimate discussion thread.....nuff said!

ReputationRep:

write wat u think
    go to the ultimate discussion thread but about lily having a crush on tom riddle........they are from different generations, remember? when lily stared hogwarts voldemort was gaining power already.

neville has no special powers he will teach herbology that is wat will happemn to him

i get your gist, but still disagree. it would be just like jkr to put a word like "equal" in there and allow everybody to interpret it the same way - only to be wrong. Ask yourself this - if dumbledore knows what he thinks he knows, where's the surprise? No, I think jkr is setting up an ending that not even dumbledore would have predicted. that might eventually be his own undoing... The prophecy never said that they would actually BE equal either.

Notice, it said only that vold. would mark him as that. He could have marked neville as an equal by attacking his parents, or in some other way. Notice also that neville is becoming quite adept at using defense magic - with the help of harry. He has two more books to improve even more. No, I remain convinced that the greatest twist of all will be that, when readers fininsh book 7 they will realize that the whole series might as well be entitled Neville Longbottom as opposed to Harry Potter.

harry did ask why vold. didn't wait to see who was stronger. remember what dumbledore said? he said that that may have been the more prudent thing to have done, but that vold. didn't do it. By the way, the prophecy talks about the boy having powers that "the dark lord knows not." What powers does Harry have that vold. doesn't know about, really? none. who might have powers that vold. doesn't know about? neville. just food for thought.

PR

ReputationRep:
    neville has no special powers he will teach herbology that is wat will happemn to him
    not necessarily, i mean it´s a bit obvious if you know what i mean and jk is always trying to surprise us. we don´t know if neville has special powers, he could have them and maybe he´s not showing them because of lack of confidence or because he´s been using his dad´s old wand or who knows?
    there was a discussion about neville being the one in the prophecy a few days ago, you could check it out.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.