Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    not necessarily, i mean it´s a bit obvious if you know what i mean and jk is always trying to surprise us. we don´t know if neville has special powers, he could have them and maybe he´s not showing them because of lack of confidence or because he´s been using his dad´s old wand or who knows?
    there was a discussion about neville being the one in the prophecy a few days ago, you could check it out.
    not possible, if it was about neville it would be called neville longbottom and the blank blah blah.......jk rowling has made it very clear that voldie marked harry and not neville...dumbledore says it as a fact, so we should take it as a fact!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    not possible, if it was about neville it would be called neville longbottom and the blank blah blah.......jk rowling has made it very clear that voldie marked harry and not neville...dumbledore says it as a fact, so we should take it as a fact!
    oh, i don´t think neville is the one in the prophecy. i just don´t agree with "unregistered" for saying that neville has no special powers, he could have them we just don´t know about it.
    voldemort didn´t marked neville, the only way in which i can think of neville being marked is by bellatrix lestrange.

ReputationRep:
    oh, i don´t think neville is the one in the prophecy. i just don´t agree with "unregistered" for saying that neville has no special powers, he could have them we just don´t know about it.
    voldemort didn´t marked neville, the only way in which i can think of neville being marked is by bellatrix lestrange.
    applaudes your newfound genius!

ReputationRep:
    applaudes your newfound genius!
    i lived in tx for 10 months thanks to an student exchange program.
    i know this has nothing to do with harry i just want to be a full member.

ReputationRep:
    i lived in tx for 10 months thanks to an student exchange program.
    i know this has nothing to do with harry i just want to be a full member.
    oh where were you frm?

ReputationRep:
    oh where were you frm?
    i´m from venezuela, i lived in tx last year

ReputationRep:
    i´m from venezuela, i lived in tx last year
    sweet! hmmm where did you live? in tejas?

ReputationRep:
    sweet! hmmm where did you live? in tejas?
    austin, i miss it.

ReputationRep:
    austin, i miss it.
    i live in houston! nice hot in humid (im frm cali) theres nothing better on sunbathing on a day like that!

ReputationRep:
    i live in houston! nice hot in humid (im frm cali) theres nothing better on sunbathing on a day like that!
    i´ve been to houston, i went to NASA and six flags......pretty cool. y´all have a lot of neat places to go see.

anyways back to harry potter.......what were we discussing?

ReputationRep:
    Just a thought i had. in CoS, Fred and George are teasing Harry about being the Slytherin heir, mostly they are just saying things like "may way for the heir of Slytherin" and "seriously evil wizard coming through".

I think I've noticed somthing odd, though I don't have a book at hand to check it. A bit after they say the above, they say something like "no he's just off to the chamber of secrets to have a cup of tea with his fanged servent."

I could be remembering the quote wrong, but if it's right, how would Fred and George know the monster had fangs, when no-one knew it was a basalisk. Also Fred and George (with the help of the Marauders), knew almost every area of the castle, but not the chamber of secrets - is that a bit odd?

What I'm really getting at is is this either my mistake, a mistake in the book, or do Fred and George know more about the chamber than they are letting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Just a thought i had. in CoS, Fred and George are teasing Harry about being the Slytherin heir, mostly they are just saying things like "may way for the heir of Slytherin" and "seriously evil wizard coming through".

I think I've noticed somthing odd, though I don't have a book at hand to check it. A bit after they say the above, they say something like "no he's just off to the chamber of secrets to have a cup of tea with his fanged servent."

I could be remembering the quote wrong, but if it's right, how would Fred and George know the monster had fangs, when no-one knew it was a basalisk. Also Fred and George (with the help of the Marauders), knew almost every area of the castle, but not the chamber of secrets - is that a bit odd?

What I'm really getting at is is this either my mistake, a mistake in the book, or do Fred and George know more about the chamber than they are letting on?
    I think you are reading a lot into what are just mistakes by Rowling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I think you are reading a lot into what are just mistakes by Rowling.
    I expect you're right - but that's what this thread's for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I expect you're right - but that's what this thread's for
    I think they prolly assumed it was a snake, it is slytherin right? and wut kind of proper monster doesnt have some sort of fangs?

ReputationRep:
    I think they prolly assumed it was a snake, it is slytherin right? and wut kind of proper monster doesnt have some sort of fangs?
    Aragog for one - he has pincers instead and none of the victims were bitten, just petrified. I suppose Harry does speak parceltounge though, so that might have been somthing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)

i´m guessing the marauders didn´t know about the chamber, it was probably a rumor just like when it was openend in harry´s second year. a lot of people had heard of it but it wasn´t confirmed that it existed plus none of them were parseltongues so they wouldn´t be able to open it and the entrance of the chamber is in a girls bathroom, i don´t think they would be hanging out in there.
    i agree with curryadd, most monsters have fangs. i dont think jk made a mistake, the twins were probably guessing or maybe it was a clue for us to find out what the moster really was!

ReputationRep:
    If you would just refer to page 94... Haha... the "harry might turn voldie into a softie with the love thing"... I didn't mean that they would probably have a relationship of some sort. that would be hilarious

but maybe there would be some way that voldemort would realize how he really did want love, and he felt that lack of love because of what he sees with harry and his friends and all. oh well, not a very good theory.

hmm... JK has this way of dropping hints to readers, but some could be really misleading. but hey, she's human.. like dumbledore. she can make mistakes as well, so we couldn't be too sure with everything.

ReputationRep:
    just a question. can we get personal avatars? if so, how? thankyew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    They say that the Book 6 will probably be released November 2004... or sometime after Prisoner of Azkaban the movie is released. Can't... wait...!!!

And there still might be a movie on Book 4, under a new director. Don't know if characters are the same.
    Oooo!!! i hope that if the book 6 is coming out in November 2004 it will be on my birthday. my birthday is November 19. wouldn't that be cool!

i hope that they continue to make the movies. it would be weird if they only made movies from books 1-3. that would be odd!

ReputationRep:
    did any of you find weird that mad-eye moody was able to recognize that boggart at grimmauld place? i mean lupin in book 3 says that noboby really knows what a boggart looks like when he´s alone.
    moody only saw him because he was wearing his glass eye, but the boggart couldn´t see him.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.