The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by leroylina)
did any of you find weird that mad-eye moody was able to recognize that boggart at grimmauld place? i mean lupin in book 3 says that noboby really knows what a boggart looks like when he´s alone.
moody only saw him because he was wearing his glass eye, but the boggart couldn´t see him.
No, not really. His eye can see through anything, and when he looked it the desk, it just took the shape he feared. Hmmm maybe a boggart can tell when it is looked at, or that could just be a mistake in the book.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Magic101)
Oooo!!! i hope that if the book 6 is coming out in November 2004 it will be on my birthday. my birthday is November 19. wouldn't that be cool!

i hope that they continue to make the movies. it would be weird if they only made movies from books 1-3. that would be odd!

i hope it comes out b4 then, but i am sure it wont
How long was it between 4-5? 3 years?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiriusFan)
i hope it comes out b4 then, but i am sure it wont
How long was it between 4-5? 3 years?
dawn french is the fat lady in PoA!!!! finally a good casting!

lou xxx
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
I don't know

J.K Rowling has hinted Harry's death but she also has said she has written the last chapter of book 7.

If Harry is going to die, wouldn't she cry like she did for Mr. B? Ok, she might not have mention it because it would spoil it but she seems to be happy-ish mention she has written it. I think she hinting Volodemort dies.

Also, book 5 opened up the possible (though shocking) idea that Harry may turn againist Dumbledore - he was pretty angry and Mr. B death may have turn that dark spark in him and turn it in a fire.

The way I'm thinking it that if Dumbledore had told the truth in the first place, taught him the thingy (which Snape tried to) earlier on personally then Mr. B would still be alive. Harry may end up hating Dumbledore so much.

Also to kill Volodemort, Harry would have to be very angry because to use an Unforgiveble Curse you have to really want to hurt someone. Maybe people are forcing Harry to become angry so he can kill Volodemort.

I don't know....oh god J.K ROWLING HURRY UP!! I NEED BOOK 6!!! HARRY POTTER AND THE ? MUST COME OUT SOON!!!
wouldnt you be happy with the money she gets
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiriusFan)
No, not really. His eye can see through anything, and when he looked it the desk, it just took the shape he feared. Hmmm maybe a boggart can tell when it is looked at, or that could just be a mistake in the book.
Just out of interest what would Moody fear most? We've really been given no idea at all.
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
Just out of interest what would Moody fear most? We've really been given no idea at all.
i thought the boggart had to see you to be able to know your worst fear, but that´s not explained in the book.

moody´s worst fear.........that could be interesting, i mean he must be very brave, he´s an auror and he must have faced a lot of things in his career.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by leroylina)
i thought the boggart had to see you to be able to know your worst fear, but that´s not explained in the book.

moody´s worst fear.........that could be interesting, i mean he must be very brave, he´s an auror and he must have faced a lot of things in his career.
Maybe being shoved in a box for a year...again!

Whoever it was who thought of that though -the whole seeing boggarts true form- very interesting, well done!
Peter The Great
Report 15 years ago
Hey guys...

I've been doing a lot of researching today to try to find out some theories on Mark Evans and I came across something interesting on Snape. It was actually someone else's mistake that brought me to this. Severus Snape is an anagram for Perseus Evans. Several other sites have it as Persues Evans and they think that it proves that Snape loved Lily. However, http://pub228.ezboard.com/fsiriusbla...picID=46.topic it could be that snape and lily are related. Snape perhaps changed his name from evans to snape so that he would not be associated with being a mudblood. THen distanced himself as much as possible from his sister/cousin/whatever (lily). So, later on, snape has a kid, maybe with a muggle and for the child's own safety, leaves his name as mark evans and leaves him with the muggle mom (so that the boy will be safe from death eaters in the future). This would be a cool theory. I've found a few things about it already. Oh, and if you want a real banger, go to dictionary.com and look up Perseus
Peter The Great
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Peter The Great)
Hey guys...

I've been doing a lot of researching today to try to find out some theories on Mark Evans and I came across something interesting on Snape. It was actually someone else's mistake that brought me to this. Severus Snape is an anagram for Perseus Evans. Several other sites have it as Persues Evans and they think that it proves that Snape loved Lily. However, http://pub228.ezboard.com/fsiriusbla...picID=46.topic it could be that snape and lily are related. Snape perhaps changed his name from evans to snape so that he would not be associated with being a mudblood. THen distanced himself as much as possible from his sister/cousin/whatever (lily). So, later on, snape has a kid, maybe with a muggle and for the child's own safety, leaves his name as mark evans and leaves him with the muggle mom (so that the boy will be safe from death eaters in the future). This would be a cool theory. I've found a few things about it already. Oh, and if you want a real banger, go to dictionary.com and look up Perseus
Here's a link to a board where this is discussed more fully, a lot of people don't like this idea, but it seems that the people who are complaining about it, don't actually understand it...

http://pub157.ezboard.com/fharrypott...picID=70.topic
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks for those Peter...it's really interesting to have I read...

I marvel at the detail at which people have picked apart the books, the theory is intruiging...I wonder...

Hmmm...*strokes goatie*
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It would be a little repetative to have the name anagram again though, unless it was a parent that did it but...

On the second forum thing, they suggest that he was still called P Evans at school. This to me seems stupid. If he was still known under that name at school, and was known to be a relative of Lilly's or whatever then I find it hard to believe that no one would've said anything to Harry about it...seems a bit dodgy to me...
Peter The Great
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
It would be a little repetative to have the name anagram again though, unless it was a parent that did it but...

On the second forum thing, they suggest that he was still called P Evans at school. This to me seems stupid. If he was still known under that name at school, and was known to be a relative of Lilly's or whatever then I find it hard to believe that no one would've said anything to Harry about it...seems a bit dodgy to me...
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I figure that he went by snape because he didn't want to be associated with muggles. He hated his dad and considered himself a real wizard and probably didn't want anything to do with the evans family. So he was probably severus back then. And, snivelly or snivelous are plays on severus so I doubt he had the evans name back then. But it would make sense for him to leave Mark as an evans to protect him from other deatheaters (esp if mom was a muggle!)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
you know sirius dies in book 5 well remember luna saying about voices behind veil well i dont think sirius really is dead maybe he is just behind that veil do you think?
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
you know sirius dies in book 5 well remember luna saying about voices behind veil well i dont think sirius really is dead maybe he is just behind that veil do you think?
Can you please keep the harry potter in the harry potter thread?

This way the people who want to assassinate him can avoid their urges by avoiding the said thread.

Thanks.
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
the anagram thing is been done. i can´t think of harry being related to snape, it sounds a bit too fanfiction to me.
i just dont see how that would be important to the plot, there are a lot more things going on that need to be solved in the next books, and introducing that would mean a lot of unnecessary drama........can you imagine snape telling harry that they are related?
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
go to the ultimate discussion thread, there are a lot of ideas about that
Julia O.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
maybe if they were related they'd have a connection similar to harry and voldemort- the whole wands-attatching thing or something of the sort... so harry tries to kill snape or vice versa but it doesnt work because of that connection
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Julia O.)
maybe if they were related they'd have a connection similar to harry and voldemort- the whole wands-attatching thing or something of the sort... so harry tries to kill snape or vice versa but it doesnt work because of that connection
harry´s and voldemorts wands didn´t work on each other because they both contain a feather from the same phoenix. so even if harry and snape are related (which i think they aren´t) their wands could work if used on the other.
why would harry try to kill snape? so far he´s still on the good side. dumbledore trusts him.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Well, moody is always thinking that people are out to get him, so maybe his fear is death! Also, Snape and Harry can't have the same wand and therefore the connection as Voldie and Harry have it. Don't totally like the idea of Harry and Snape being related. I'm still all for the idea of Harry going to live with Lupin in the end. In fanfics, they often have Snape being Harry's father, and it always surprises me how they write Harry accepting it pretty easily. I somehow feel that if that were to happen, Harry would not be able to accept it, at least for a long while.
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Well, moody is always thinking that people are out to get him, so maybe his fear is death! Also, Snape and Harry can't have the same wand and therefore the connection as Voldie and Harry have it. Don't totally like the idea of Harry and Snape being related. I'm still all for the idea of Harry going to live with Lupin in the end. In fanfics, they often have Snape being Harry's father, and it always surprises me how they write Harry accepting it pretty easily. I somehow feel that if that were to happen, Harry would not be able to accept it, at least for a long while.
completely agree....
good thinking about moody being afraid of death......
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.41%
No (376)
72.59%

Watched Threads