I'm still in love with her even though she called me a loser

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For the past two years i was friends with a girl who was an obsessed Christian. I met her in uni when one day i was lost around halls.

She was so nice, we walked and talked around the uni like we had known each other for years or something. She then gave me an invitation to attend her church in the city (this was when i was a christian back then). We became friends, and i fell in love with her, i acted awkward around her because i was in love with her and i didn't know how to admit it. I kept planning ways to tell her but i never got the chance to say my feelings to her.

Fast forward to April 2016, our friendship was broken each day (i am a weed smoker and abuse alcohol). She invited me to an event, but i declined and she went on some passive aggressive rant saying how i'm always drunk, have no friends in the uni, how i'm an introvert etc etc; I was so hurt, She basically helped me leave Christianity by her rant. She then had the cheek to smile and leave me whilst i cried in the uni library.

Second year came, I tended to avoid her but it also seems she tended to avoid me too (lol). I tried falling in love several girls in uni to forget about her, but my depression and anxiety was getting wack and everyone (from course mates to housemates) started seeing me as a mentally ill patient. I stopped attending lectures in February and have no plan to attend any in my third year.

Thank ****, she graduated this year but i have been stalking the pictures and it still seems shes still in the uni city. I just need help to forget about her, i'm considering seeking help to forget about her but i don't know. Does anyone have any similar experience with being obsessed with a *****?? help me
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For the past two years i was friends with a girl who was an obsessed Christian. I met her in uni when one day i was lost around halls.

She was so nice, we walked and talked around the uni like we had known each other for years or something. She then gave me an invitation to attend her church in the city (this was when i was a christian back then). We became friends, and i fell in love with her, i acted awkward around her because i was in love with her and i didn't know how to admit it. I kept planning ways to tell her but i never got the chance to say my feelings to her.

Fast forward to April 2016, our friendship was broken each day (i am a weed smoker and abuse alcohol). She invited me to an event, but i declined and she went on some passive aggressive rant saying how i'm always drunk, have no friends in the uni, how i'm an introvert etc etc; I was so hurt, She basically helped me leave Christianity by her rant. She then had the cheek to smile and leave me whilst i cried in the uni library.

Second year came, I tended to avoid her but it also seems she tended to avoid me too (lol). I tried falling in love several girls in uni to forget about her, but my depression and anxiety was getting wack and everyone (from course mates to housemates) started seeing me as a mentally ill patient. I stopped attending lectures in February and have no plan to attend any in my third year.

Thank ****, she graduated this year but i have been stalking the pictures and it still seems shes still in the uni city. I just need help to forget about her, i'm considering seeking help to forget about her but i don't know. Does anyone have any similar experience with being obsessed with a *****?? help me
Your behaviour sounds very self destructive. Do you still have issues with alcohol?

This girl isn't interested in you. You are torturing yourself by stalking her pictures.
You either need to get a grip or you need to speak to your GP about your problems.
OwlOfFire
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try and find something else to occupy yourself other than her or drugs/alcohol. If I don't want to think about someone I just keep busy, perhaps get a small part time job, do some volunteering, play some sport or studying anything to keep her out of your head.
George_Harrison
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Isn't call you a loser, by the sounds of it you are.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So, this is the road to oblivion. Its clearly not going to work out and down the line you will realise this and wonder why you squandered so much time on pointless angst. So, forget it, face up to your difficulties and do something about them and seek out new love that has some realistic prospect of making you happy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Friffinghell)
Your behaviour sounds very self destructive. Do you still have issues with alcohol?

This girl isn't interested in you. You are torturing yourself by stalking her pictures.
You either need to get a grip or you need to speak to your GP about your problems.
I knew it i am losing the plot and i do need to seek help, but i'm embarrassed because i normally seek help for my depression and not love sickness.

I know she doesn't like me, maybe she liked me before but we haven't spoken since December (even then, we saw each other on the bus and she sat far away from me)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by George_Harrison)
Isn't call you a loser, by the sounds of it you are.
ok. thank you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OwlOfFire)
Try and find something else to occupy yourself other than her or drugs/alcohol. If I don't want to think about someone I just keep busy, perhaps get a small part time job, do some volunteering, play some sport or studying anything to keep her out of your head.
I work in a hotel Restaurant and luckily my mind is occupied by the bullying i get and me being busy in the kitchen.

It's when i'm free (like now) or at night she just pops up in my head. And it's annoying because i can't stop what she said about me. I expect something like my ex friends or my parents to insult me, because when we were really close, it felt like we were a couple and it could have actually progressed to that if i tried going to church and events more often with her.

It is making me sad because even my mum (who thinks i'm gay because i don't have no success with girls) said i should have sucked up to her. It makes me mad inside
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I knew it i am losing the plot and i do need to seek help, but i'm embarrassed because i normally seek help for my depression and not love sickness.

I know she doesn't like me, maybe she liked me before but we haven't spoken since December (even then, we saw each other on the bus and she sat far away from me)
You're not really love-sick. It's just the depression. You're focussing on the wrong things as a distraction.

If you haven't spoken since December you need to draw a line under it.

You can fix this but only if you want to.
Holds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

lol, she's christian so she's already ******ed, you just have to move on or confront her.
OwlOfFire
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I work in a hotel Restaurant and luckily my mind is occupied by the bullying i get and me being busy in the kitchen.

It's when i'm free (like now) or at night she just pops up in my head. And it's annoying because i can't stop what she said about me. I expect something like my ex friends or my parents to insult me, because when we were really close, it felt like we were a couple and it could have actually progressed to that if i tried going to church and events more often with her.

It is making me sad because even my mum (who thinks i'm gay because i don't have no success with girls) said i should have sucked up to her. It makes me mad inside
Perhaps you could take up a hobby or something to fill up your free time. At night try not to think about it, I know it can be hard. Once you fill as if she is just about to pop into your head BLOCK IT, think of something anything else. Try and remove things that remind you of her for example church leaflets or anything like that which could possibly be a trigger. With girls just wait and you will find someone eventually, tell yourself that you are happy being single right now and your soulmate (excuse the pun) will come in the future.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
So, this is the road to oblivion. Its clearly not going to work out and down the line you will realise this and wonder why you squandered so much time on pointless angst. So, forget it, face up to your difficulties and do something about them and seek out new love that has some realistic prospect of making you happy.
Even though i'm not interested in finding love anymore (or really i never was). I know i'm digging a deep hole obsessing about a girl who sees me as a loser, obsessed with a cult religion, i keep thinking i should have kept an act but it was too late and a few weeks before her passive outburst, she was hinting and insulting my personality slowly and slowly and we slowly stopped texting and calling each other everyday....

I need to seek help, i can't be upset for a year and a half, i was never even in a relationship with her romantically so i don't know whats wrong with me.
yungaheartz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

lol i can see why she called you that...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by yungaheartz)
Spoiler:
Show

lol i can see why she called you that...

ok thanks

Spoiler:
Show

She didn't actually call me a loser, i put that in the title for more users to click on this thread. She insulated i had a poor life personality and it hurted me so much because we were so close.
cocaine icecream
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
forget the b1tch by showing you ain't a loser.
stop drinking
stop smoking
LIVE A LITTLE
GO DO FUN SH1T
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (157)
60.62%
I don't have everything I need (102)
39.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed