The Student Room Group

August 16th: Do you love the skin you’re in?

Do you love the skin you’re in?

This week on The Surgery, Katie is joined by Dr Oscar for a special about skin. From vitiligo to albinism, acne to eczema we’ll be talking about it all! Do you love the skin you’re in? If you don’t, tell us why and maybe we can help!

Please note you can post anonymously.

Scroll to see replies

I have expression lines on my forehead that bother me a lot, I have considered botox but I'm put off because I'm 20. Is there any other way of reducing my lines without botox?
When my acne was really bad, I didn't feel comfortable because people stared a lot and that made me feel uncomfortable, even when I didn't have any spots, they still stared at my scars. I used to have self confidence issues because of this. But now I am more comfortable because the scars have started to fade and the spots have drastically reduced. Thank God.
no hate it, acne destroyed everything and the bits it didn't destroy i did a great job of destroying myself
I love myself . However I hate having constant spots .
Yep, I love the skin I'm in thanks :u:
Reply 6
I have acne on my face, chest and back. I also have raw red stretch marks on my thighs, a tattoo I despise and a few unfortunate scars. My legs are also two different hues.

If this was The Sims, I definitely wouldn't have given myself this skin. But this isn't build-a-Barbie, you have to learn to accept yourself and that's what I'm on a mission to do :smile:
I have serious stretch marks on my thighs, around my hips, and around my knees. But stretch marks are pretty, like little rivers and streams of gold on my skin. (I have dark skin).

I also have one stretch mark on each shoulder from building muscle by lifting weights and training. They're my victory squiggles :biggrin:

I have scars from all the accidents I had as a kid (I was really clumsy and accident prone).

Everyone is beautiful, in their own way, no matter what spots, scars, or marks you have. They're part of your story :h:
Original post by Thrillanthropist
I have serious stretch marks on my thighs, around my hips, and around my knees. But stretch marks are pretty, like little rivers and streams of gold on my skin. (I have dark skin).

I also have one stretch mark on each shoulder from building muscle by lifting weights and training. They're my victory squiggles :biggrin:

I have scars from all the accidents I had as a kid (I was really clumsy and accident prone).

Everyone is beautiful, in their own way, no matter what spots, scars, or marks you have. They're part of your story :h:

Spots are then the main character of my story.
Btw, what you said is very true .
Reply 9
I suffer from psoriasis. Thankfully, I can hide most of it as it's mostly on my scalp but it is starting to spread and my nails and joints are affected by it too. It gets me down a lot - not just because of how it looks but mostly because of how painful and itchy it is and the more I give in and itch, the more it spreads. The fact there's no cure for it sucks too :frown: I've tried so many creams and shampoos and nothing really works other than calcipotriol but the medication takes weeks to work and as soon as I stop it, the scales come back again, sometimes even worse than before. I can't take it forever due to it affecting my calcium levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
The skin around one of my nipples is visibly discolored red and has been since I was 12 or 13. It sort of has the appearance of a rash (though obviously isn't one) I've never had it looked at so no idea what's caused it.
I am okay with it. I used to have really bad stretchmarks but it is slowly fading away. I also suffer from breakouts occassionally but I know how to deal with them
I've suffered win acne since I was like 12ish and now I'm 21; although it does annoy me and is quite self esteem killing at times, I've learned to love the skin I'm in cause it's the only one I've got for my life so yeah ☺️ X
Original post by Batgirl98
Yep, I love the skin I'm in thanks :u:

You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista.. You're a model. Everything about you is perfect! Did you stone those tights?
Oh, you're smiling! They eat her up EVERY SINGLE TIME, she's on that damned stage. She ftsdbsds, She could walk out there in a ****ing diaper and they'll be like : "Batgirl98! Your smile is beautiful! ".
(edited 6 years ago)
I am not comfortable in my skin, and will work towards changing it. (Acne, cosmetic surgery, etc.)
No I hate my skin, is full of disease
****ing no
I have PCOS and one of the side effects is hirsutism. I am a girl and have been battling with excess hair in the most unsightly areas since I was 16, and I am now 18. I have hair on my chin, neck, chest abdomen and back. I am in the process of seeking treatment at the moment. I have to shave my face everyday and use extremely expensive creams and foundations just to feel and appear feminine. It's an absolute nightmare.
Not always, but we all have to stick with what we've got right?

I have a lot medically wrong with me on the inside, which then causes a lot of hormone imbalances etc. Horrible acne, etc etc and I did get teased a lot as a kid. (I've since found out there are more medical mishaps that I was born with) and I think that being a kid's changed my perception of myself a lot. There's so much wrong with me that I know now, and while I really don't care about my beauty or whatever, but comments on things I can't change hurt.
Original post by BBC Radio 1
Do you love the skin you’re in?

This week on The Surgery, Katie is joined by Dr Oscar for a special about skin. From vitiligo to albinism, acne to eczema we’ll be talking about it all! Do you love the skin you’re in? If you don’t, tell us why and maybe we can help!

Please note you can post anonymously.

Pretty much yeah. I've got a touch of ache but it's clearing up well. My nose is a bit bigger than I'd like but yeah I'm cool with it.

Quick Reply

Latest