The Student Room Group

August 16th: Do you love the skin you’re in?

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately, one of the side effects of one of the medications I take encourages acne likely to appear. So I'll look like a zombie for life. I got acne on face, upper body and my back too. It doesn't help when I have naturally oily face. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people that need lotion to stay moisturised.
Original post by ActuallyIDo
You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista.. You're a model. Everything about you is perfect! Did you stone those tights?
Oh, you're smiling! They eat her up EVERY SINGLE TIME, she's on that damned stage. She ftsdbsds, She could walk out there in a ****ing diaper and they'll be like : "Batgirl98! Your smile is beautiful! ".

Umm....thanks, but my instinct is telling me that this is meant to be sarcasm, right? :colonhash: And there's nothing wrong with liking the way you are fyi :biggrin:
There's nothing to love, bro
Original post by Anonymous
I have PCOS and one of the side effects is hirsutism. I am a girl and have been battling with excess hair in the most unsightly areas since I was 16, and I am now 18. I have hair on my chin, neck, chest abdomen and back. I am in the process of seeking treatment at the moment. I have to shave my face everyday and use extremely expensive creams and foundations just to feel and appear feminine. It's an absolute nightmare.

this omg :five:
I was misdiagnosed with a fungal skin infection on my hips 4 times by 3 doctors and 1 chemist. A 4th doctor finally diagnosed me with eczema.

The anti fungal creams and shampoos obviously didn't do anything. I suffered with incredibly itchy skin, especially at night for longer than I should have. It looked awful and made me self conscious, even towards my boyfriend. The prescription (mometasone cream) from the 4th doctor finally cleared it up relatively quickly. I am no longer kept awake by itchy skin. Where it was is only slightly pigmented now :smile: I feel much better.
In what world do you live in man !??? It is august 13th
Original post by Durhamgirl96
I have expression lines on my forehead that bother me a lot, I have considered botox but I'm put off because I'm 20. Is there any other way of reducing my lines without botox?

try training yourself not to move your forehead when making expressions. Thats what jeffree star did and his face looks like porcelain haha
Original post by Marcuswilliamms
try training yourself not to move your forehead when making expressions. Thats what jeffree star did and his face looks like porcelain haha

I do try, it's a nightmare! I'm really expressive. 😂
Original post by crosssafley
In what world do you live in man !??? It is august 13th

The date in the title refers to the day the show will be aired
It's from a show lmao
Original post by Batgirl98
Umm....thanks, but my instinct is telling me that this is meant to be sarcasm, right? :colonhash: And there's nothing wrong with liking the way you are fyi :biggrin:
Original post by Marcuswilliamms
It's from a show lmao

Oh I see, lol. Which show is that? :redface:
Original post by Batgirl98
Oh I see, lol. Which show is that? :redface:

Rupauls drag race! :biggrin:
I Have a rare form of the skin condition called Keretosis Pillaris (KP for short) and it makes my skin dry and i have tried everything from oinments and lotions to natural soaps that have topical agents but nothing seems to ease the redness of it. however i have learnt to accept it and embrace it as its part of me and who i am.
Yes happy with it. No issues with nudity in the proper and appropriate context, such as a sauna.
My skin definitely makes me self conscious at times. I don't really get spots anymore but in my teens I had pretty bad acne, thank God for roaccutane - my skin cleared right up. I've always suffered with eczema though and can get it everywhere on my body. It can be **** when it flares up on my arms/legs etc as it makes me want to cover up. I had a flare up on the soles of my feet recently and it felt like my feet were burning every time I took a step. Not a pleasant skin condition.
I like my skin in which I am in. It is not a special, so not an exotic one, it is normal. See no reason to complain.
I used to have really bad acne when I was younger but nowadays I just get the occasional spot so I like my skin in that sense. I hate my stretch marks though. I have way too many.
I hate the skin I'm in, so I'm looking for an easy victim so I can take theirs for myself.
Reply 38
I used to have crazy acne along with scars, which have now almost faded away. Thank God. This really lowered my confidence and I find it hard to talk to people in the eye (except by mom, dad and sister) as I think that they are judging my face. Also, I have lots of blackheads on my nose and cheeks, which I find really annoying. I just want my baby skin back again!!! :frown:
Original post by BBC Radio 1
Do you love the skin you’re in?

This week on The Surgery, Katie is joined by Dr Oscar for a special about skin. From vitiligo to albinism, acne to eczema we’ll be talking about it all! Do you love the skin you’re in? If you don’t, tell us why and maybe we can help!

Please note you can post anonymously.

I suffer from psoriasis due to really bad stress and anxiety (it is particularly bad right now due to results day being tomorrow), I also deal with excessive sweating on my face from being nervous all the time. The ironic thing is, the psoriasis and excessive sweating make me even more anxious and nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest