The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a Muslim girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
Yes, why not? She is a woman regardless of her belief system.

I know that her views, supported by her religious beliefs, may differ with mine, but in the first instance, I will go out with her to get to know her.

1st comment I agree with. Hats off to you 👏🏽
Original post by Anonymous
False.

The 5 pillars originate from the Quran itself - and everything else in there is just as important as those things. Because remember - those pillars represent 5 things that you must do, NOT what you shouldn't do.

And speaking of what you shouldn't do:

"Verily Allah will admit those who believe and do righteous deeds to gardens beneath which rivers flow; while those who reject Allah will enjoy (this world) and eat as cattle eat; and the fire will be their abode." - Quran 47:12.

Anyway, it's up to you if you want to 'do whatever you want'. Everyone will be held to account in the end and I'm not one to judge. :h:

If that was the case then there wouldn't be a 5 pillars of Islam, they'd just be Islam. The 5 pillars are what make up the foundation of Islam.

But anyways, thanks for 'not judging'.
In most cases, probably no. If she was only nominally a Muslim, but pretty chilled in practice who also had a chilled family then maybe.
Original post by Quiet Benin
No, but i would sleep with her, with or without hijab and stuff.

Don't worry. She wouldn't sleep with you anyways.
No.

Relationships are about loyalty and commitment, and someone who cherry-picks from what they claim to believe in has failed that test already (since dating is forbidden in Islam).

Just my opinion. :h:

I have got to agree that dating especially a non-muslim doesn't seem to meet with the values of islam?
Original post by Chichaldo
I know right, there are stricter people in faith or some who don't believe in some parts as much as other parts. Eg. Head scarfs, some see it as a necessity whilst others feel otherwise just like anything else.

Things like headscarves aren't compulsory, though.

Whereas, for the OP's benefit, we have:

"And do not come close to zina (unlawful relationships). Verily, it is a great sin, and an evil way" - Quran 17:32.

That just about sums it up, I think :lol:
Sure, if she was chill with my religion then why not.
Original post by Wired_1800
I dont know, but i think Muslim women are required to behave a certain way.

I heard that i had to speak to her father first before speaking to her, which was a no no for me.

I heard quite a lot of stuff at school, so i did not know which ones were real or fake.

You would be required to speak to her father if you wanted to get married to her.
Original post by unknown_usr
Sure, if she was chill with my religion then why not.

What's your religion?

"And do not come close to zina (unlawful relationships). Verily, it is a great sin, and an evil way" - Quran 17:32.

Interpretations. Personal religion Is unique as well as being a part of the collective.
If that was the case then there wouldn't be a 5 pillars of Islam, they'd just be Islam. The 5 pillars are what make up the foundation of Islam.

But anyways, thanks for 'not judging'.

Like I said - those 5 pillars are 5 'must dos', not 'must don'ts", hence the name. They still come from the same place as everything else.

You're welcome :hat2: By the way, you might also be interested in the quote in post #47 above. :tongue:

Lol you are right. I didn't say that dating in Islam is allowed. I just said that I am still a Muslim even though I date.
I still believe in God and try to pray all the time.
I'm a Muslim married to a non-Muslim man. My parents and siblings are all Muslim and accept him completely as a member of the family. It has been a bumpy road at times but it was practically love at first and now we are intending to start a family together soon. People can think what they like but they have not walked in my shoes, they do not know what is in our hearts, and at the end of the day Islam is essentially a simple religion based upon a belief in monotheism and the after life, and in the final prophecy of Muhammad (pbuh). The more we overthink the more complicated we make things for ourselves (and I am definitely guilty of this).

When you are unsure about something, pray to Allah for guidance and you will find your answer in your heart.
Muslim girls are not supposed to "go out" with anyone, let alone a non-Muslim. We are only supposed to get to know the person with the intention of marriage. The family has to know too.
Original post by black1blade
Sure why not bit it might get a bit tricky if it starts to become really comitted. Parents wouldn't accept me for ine unless I converted. My dad would be happy about that though.

Your parents would be happy if you converted? Or do you mean if you go out with a Muslim?
As I value having my head on my shoulders, I'll say no.
(edited 6 years ago)

What is an 'unlawful' relationship? Is it referring to an unlawful relationship in 7th century Mecca, or in today's society as sinful?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
In most cases, probably no. If she was only nominally a Muslim, but pretty chilled in practice who also had a chilled family then maybe.

Would you tell her your views? That you hate Islam.
Original post by LunaCat
Your parents would be happy if you converted? Or do you mean if you go out with a Muslim?

He would be happy with both probably but I doubt I'll ever become religious.
Lol you are right. I didn't say that dating in Islam is allowed. I just said that I am still a Muslim even though I date.
I still believe in God and try to pray all the time.

Well, I must say, you've chosen your sins very wisely :lol:

It's hard to say how bad that actually is, though The Prophet did say "paradise is surrounded by hardships and hell-fire is surrounded by temptations", so I'm guessing it'd certainly put someone on the naughty list :tongue:

Original post by Thrillanthropist
What is an 'unlawful' relationship? Is it referring to an unlawful relation in 8th Mecca, or in today's society?

Unmarried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending